Video: Water monitor leads to death of motorcyclist, but Thai TV finds it funny

webfact

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

These childish cartoon noises pervade every aspect of so many of their shows. The humour seems confined to simple minded slapstick. No wonder the country’s IQ is below average with abject performance in the PISA educational tables.

Yes, it's a throwback to the old days before television when stage shows were enhanced by a guy banging 2 coconut shells together to sound like a horse galloping - they haven't quite got to grips with modern technology here - it's so "old hat"!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, madmitch said:

There's also something profoundly wrong about the producers that allowed this to be broadcast in this manner. The whole team should be suspended.

But they won't be.

this reminds me of when a restaurant brings you food that is diffusely wrong . (raw chicken) then when you show it to them they just smile and grin but dont say sorry or show appropriate affect.

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

There is something profoundly wrong with anyone who can find humour in someone being killed.

They are scum. Perhaps a decient tv station will report about the other station. Thainess again. LIFE IS SO CHEAP HERE

My wife says that this package shows due deference to the fact that the motorcyclist died. that it does not make light of this fact and that they were just reporting a news item in a manner that their viewers would understand. I trust that those who have jumped on their keyboards in the posts above speak fluent Thai and understand the nuances of the story from a Thai perspective. 

quite frankly that is disgusting, those two cretins and the whole production crew should be sacked and never allowed to work in the media (of any form) if that is how they deal with a tragic accident, and yes the pickup was speeding. ?

5 hours ago, davidill said:

Yes it's a pity  R.I.P motor cycle rider.

stopping-distances_jpg_large.png

In this country you probably need to seriously extend the blue bit. Thinking? Really? Thinking is not something that comes easily to many drivers here, as evidenced by the appalling road statistics. Add 200 meters every time for thinking and you might be getting close.

Just goes to show how worthless life seems to be in Thailand... even presenters show little compassion when on live TV

I wonder how they'd react if it was one of their family involved...
I'd be looking for an apology on TV regarding their behaviour!!

I am thai and understand the banter between the two.  Even though they offered their sincere condolences to the family of the motorcyclist towards the end and emphasized that that the whole incidence was a reminder of the need for safe driving and speed limits I found the jokes and attempted humor to be disrespectful of the deceased and poor judgement or possibly an attempt by the show's producers to get ratings etc.

If I were the motorcyclists family I would definitely demand an apology.

Mainstream Thai newspapers and TV shows need to stop profiting off morbid pictures of accidents and murders victims.  You would never see those kinds of pictures in the Bangkok Post etc.

Leave that to the tabloid trash.

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

There is something profoundly wrong with anyone who can find humour in someone being killed.

The psych people do have an explanation for this but I would have to look it up.  It has got something to do with why we always laugh at slapstick e.g. a pie in the face.  I hate doing it but it just seems to overwhelm people sometime.

2 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

My wife says that this package shows due deference to the fact that the motorcyclist died. that it does not make light of this fact and that they were just reporting a news item in a manner that their viewers would understand. I trust that those who have jumped on their keyboards in the posts above speak fluent Thai and understand the nuances of the story from a Thai perspective. 

'Reporting a news item in a manner that their viewers understand '. 

That really is then quite a condemnation of the mentality of Thai people who are helped to 'understand ' by virtue of childish comedic cartoon noises enabling them to get over the challenge of understanding a horrific road death. I suppose however that does explain the countries placing in the PISA education tables.

6 hours ago, speckio said:

If you watch thai news on a regular basis... there is always someone dying for some reason or another.. someone dying in another car accident is common place so its not suprising thai people developed a cavaleir attitude towards another road related fatality. Road fatality is a reality that is all to common in thailand.

People bitch and complain about mass shootings in the united states... half the country wants to change the other half is ehhh its sad but dont you dare try to take my gun...  soo americans would rather deal with the possibility that their children might be shot at school  rather than dealing with stricter gun laws to try and prevent it from happening.. let that sink in for a bit.

Off Topic but: Tougher gun laws sound a great idea but only sane and law abiding folk will obey them.  Had you noticed that criminals and mad people seem coincidentally notorious for not obeying laws?   Criminals in particular.  It is kind of like it is almost their vocation.    It is a very difficult subject to come up wit a n idea that works.  In the US there are so many guns that the genie is well out of the bottle already.

The motorcyclist and the car driver and their vehicles would have been fine except that the truck driver was going too fast and did not pay attention to the road. Probably on a cell phone arguing with the GF or wife. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He caused the death of a young man and a human being.

8 hours ago, sambum said:

Yes, it's a throwback to the old days before television when stage shows were enhanced by a guy banging 2 coconut shells together to sound like a horse galloping - they haven't quite got to grips with modern technology here - it's so "old hat"!

Fit for a King.

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Or unfortunately...killing themselves. Mind you....I have seldom if ever (thankfully) come across people such as these "jokers"...until I starting reading this Forum.

"Video: Water monitor leads to death of motorcyclist, but Thai TV two Thai TV Hosts find finds it funny"

"CCTV showed a terrible accident from Nonthaburi on Monday in which a young motorcyclist died because a car slowed for a crossing water monitor  because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time riding a motorcycle - in front of a speeding pIckup operated by an inattentive driver who was probably on his/her smartphone"

very disgusting behaviour and low iq presenters should all be sacked and producer's etc,  to allow this disgraceful low intelligent fun at someone being killed on video Sue the f- - k out of them , that will wipe smile off there faces RIP and condolence to family members

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Obviously, you haven't lived here long enough, since you don't understand the situation. 

17 hours ago, davidill said:
17 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The first driver slowing down or stopping whether lizard dog or person is completely in his rights to do so....

the accountable drivers are all others who follow behind...as a driver up to you to follow the 3-4 sec rule to allow breaking distance...

fault with PU and maybe even motorcyclist if he made contact with first driver....not sure on details

Yes it's a pity  R.I.P motor cycle rider.

stopping-distances_jpg_large.png

Edited 17 hours ago by davidill

I find it virtually impossible to maintain the recommended distance in traffic in Thailand (and not just in Thailand).  As soon as there are 1.5 car lengths between me and the guy in front, someone's going to cut in and then there's almost no following distance.  The best I can hope is to maximize my following distance by keeping it close enough that only a nimrod is tempted to jump in, and then pay extremely close attention to what's going on a hundred meters in front of that line of traffic.  Because counting on the brake lights of the car in front of me is a recipe for disaster.

I challenge anyone to try to maintain 6 car lengths in town, much less 24 car lengths on the motorway.  Great in theory, but it just doesn't work that way in real life.

23 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Warp speed of pickup driver on inner city roads together will abject driving skills = death of the innocent.

im always surprised that slow moving vehicles  like motor bikes insist on driving in the faster lanes. i always keep as far left as possible when im riding a bike. Thais seem to have no scene of danger.

Archived