Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:
7 hours ago, darren1971 said:
4 hour wait for my gf too, couldn't go and get any food or drinks and missed her bus home. Had to stay in Bangkok over night. No explanation or apology. People will still tell you that you are an exception and everything is perfect though.

Disgraceful. But there must have been an explanation. Most likely some paperwork was missing or some other irregularity. Why couldn't she get food from outside?

It appears darren1971 is not telling the whole story; as rasg said to him in another topic 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Disgraceful. But there must have been an explanation. Most likely some paperwork was missing or some other irregularity. Why couldn't she get food from outside?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She couldn't leave as there was no explanation given about the extended wait, everyone was just told to sit and wait.

Update on my wife's application (6 month general visitor).

- Submitted on 10th August.
- SMS received on 3rd Sep saying ready to be picked. She elected for her passport to be posted to where we live (Samui).
- Passport arrived with visa granted on 5th Sep.

Total time from submission to decision was 16 workings days by my calculations.

This was her 3rd successful visa in a span of approximately 5 years. We don't travel to the UK often, so we usually elect for a 6 month visa.

All the best to others currently waiting.

Update on my wife's application (6 month general visitor).

- Submitted on 10th August.
- SMS received on 3rd Sep saying ready to be picked. She elected for her passport to be posted to where we live (Samui).
- Passport arrived with visa granted on 5th Sep.

Total time from submission to decision was 16 workings days by my calculations.

This was her 3rd successful visa in a span of approximately 5 years. We don't travel to the UK often, so we usually elect for a 6 month visa.

All the best to others currently waiting.
Thanks for the update. I guess that around 16 days is what we should now expect, instead of around 10 days before the move to India.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for the update. I guess that around 16 days is what we should now expect, instead of around 10 days before the move to India.

Not necessarily.

I'd prefer to see performance over a longer period and more applications before making such a judgement.

When submitting the supporting documents is it best to have one big pile including the barcode separators to break up the sections or are people having individual folders 

Has anyone recently submitted an application and not used these barcode separators without any issue?

Archived