Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

Well, applicants turned up at Trendy VFS on the 15th June, expecting to have their documents scanned either to Sheffield or Delhi, and guess what ?  They were told to hand in visit visas documents to VFS, and post all settlement documents to Sheffield. No reasons or apologies given to applicants. The VFS website still says that they are scanning all documents from the 15th June !

Well, applicants turned up at Trendy VFS on the 15th June, expecting to have their documents scanned either to Sheffield or Delhi, and guess what ?  They were told to hand in visit visas documents to VFS, and post all settlement documents to Sheffield. No reasons or apologies given to applicants. The VFS website still says that they are scanning all documents from the 15th June !
Predictable but disappointing nonetheless..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Tony M said:

Is this just Bangkok or do we know if Chiang Mai is the same?

4 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

Hi guys, I'm pleased I found this fred as have an appointment at Trendy next week for Mrs M's visa. Do I need to print off the long winded application form to take with, if appears somewhat unclear?

Diego 10

Yes.

No it specifically say you do not need to print off the actual application form as it will be stored electronically(it gives a d ate it will be stored for)It says you may print a copy for your own records.

Download a copy of your application form

You can download a copy of your application form for your records. You do not need to bring this to your appointment. This document will be stored here until 3 August 2018.

5 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

No it specifically say you do not need to print off the actual application form as it will be stored electronically(it gives a d ate it will be stored for)It says you may print a copy for your own records.

Yep.....was there on June 20th and not required. However we did download it and had it for future reference so that next time we apply filling in the application  will be easier since we can use it as a reference.

14 hours ago, Denim said:

Yep.....was there on June 20th and not required. However we did download it and had it for future reference so that next time we apply filling in the application  will be easier since we can use it as a reference.

Ok, cheers. So it's just the checklist and supporting docs? Do you need to take owt as prove of appointment, don't think I can see much like that?

Diego 10

VFS have really changed their website, I haven't got time to study it at the moment but they really seem to be pushing applicants to use their premium services encouraging applicants to allow their "well trained staff" to assist, at a price.

The information about scanning is probably there somewhere, but I can't see it at first glance, the last news item is dated last year.

I see that the original link that was originally posted by theoldgit has been removed from the VFS website and is now a dead link.

If you go to how to apply and follow the information provided, then under 6. Visit the Application Centre, it is saying that you must print the application form and take it?

Visit the visa application centre

Attend your appointment

You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone in your place.

• Arrive at least 15 minutes early
  • Bring a printed copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document with at least 1 page that is blank on both sides.
  • Bring all supporting documentation (originals and copies)

The last page of the actual app form has    What to do next. And there is the para I quoted above saying you do not need to print it off.Also do take your appointment letter as the “jobsworth” downstairs will not let you go up without it.we changed the appointment date and because the guy downstairs did not have an updated list,would not let gf go upstairs.Only after a few frantic phone calls to me(at 4am UK time) did she pursuade him to let her go up,where they did have an updated list.that was on the 6th

1 hour ago, CeeGee said:

The last page of the actual app form has    What to do next. And there is the para I quoted above saying you do not need to print it off.Also do take your appointment letter as the “jobsworth” downstairs will not let you go up without it.we changed the appointment date and because the guy downstairs did not have an updated list,would not let gf go upstairs.Only after a few frantic phone calls to me(at 4am UK time) did she pursuade him to let her go up,where they did have an updated list.that was on the 6th

Before going I looked everywhere on the website for a separate appointment  letter to download but could not find one so went without. However , our appointment date was printed on several other forms and were accepted. We were ' on the list '

On arrival we were told that everything was running late because of confusion over the ' new ' system so we were told to wait an extra 15 minutes downstairs.

Upstairs, it was made clear that all documents submitted must not be in any folder whatsoever but carried in loose. The woman in front of us dropped all her paperwork on the floor and had to go to one side to collate it in the right order again.

Wife went in and submitted our application. However, despite using the new bar code dividers , they took everything to pieces and reassembled it to their own satisfaction before copying the copies and electronically forwarding them.

It seems that it will be a little while before everything is running smooth. Wife says they did not look at her application form even though we had copied it for our own reference.

In total....the process took 1 hour.  .....twice as long as last time.

15 minutes ago, Denim said:

Before going I looked everywhere on the website for a separate appointment  letter to download but could not find one so went without. However , our appointment date was printed on several other forms and were accepted. We were ' on the list '

On arrival we were told that everything was running late because of confusion over the ' new ' system so we were told to wait an extra 15 minutes downstairs.

Upstairs, it was made clear that all documents submitted must not be in any folder whatsoever but carried in loose. The woman in front of us dropped all her paperwork on the floor and had to go to one side to collate it in the right order again.

Wife went in and submitted our application. However, despite using the new bar code dividers , they took everything to pieces and reassembled it to their own satisfaction before copying the copies and electronically forwarding them.

It seems that it will be a little while before everything is running smooth. Wife says they did not look at her application form even though we had copied it for our own reference.

In total....the process took 1 hour.  .....twice as long as last time.

Good info, cheers. No, there is no appointment letter, they need to stop saying that.

All sounds clear. I have no idea where bar code dividers come into the picture, but obviously I don't need to worry about them anyway (whatever they are)

2 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

'Up to you'? You sound like Mrs M ?

I've had dealings with the VFS people before and they weren't great, it very much depends on who serves you and their attitude, some take on the air of Immigration staff by saying that something or other needs copying or isn't right. Years ago we applied for a settlement visa and the VFS girl went to some lengths to point out to my wife that I had already been married previously and did she understand he already has children - those things were not part of her duties and we complained and VFS sent us an apology and said they would train the girl. So taking your application with you can only help, as can taking more than what you need by way of original documents, just in case.

I had a look at their website this morning and they are pushing extra paid for services, the silver package at THB 2k looks reasonable since it avoids the need for an appointment and you can simply walk in, that seems good value to me.

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

I've had dealings with the VFS people before and they weren't great, it very much depends on who serves you and their attitude, some take on the air of Immigration staff by saying that something or other needs copying or isn't right. Years ago we applied for a settlement visa and the VFS girl went to some lengths to point out to my wife that I had already been married previously and did she understand he already has children - those things were not part of her duties and we complained and VFS sent us an apology and said they would train the girl. So taking your application with you can only help, as can taking more than what you need by way of original documents, just in case.

I had a look at their website this morning and they are pushing extra paid for services, the silver package at THB 2k looks reasonable since it avoids the need for an appointment and you can simply walk in, that seems good value to me.

With respect I disagree with your final part of your first paragraph. I won't pander to these people and will not take anything extra that is not asked for, why should I.

Think you make a good point with the premium thing as that may get you some 'brownie points' but I have already booked an appointment so will just pay for the bronze when I am there, it's only 600 odd baht.

37 minutes ago, Maradona 10 said:

With respect I disagree with your final part of your first paragraph. I won't pander to these people and will not take anything extra that is not asked for, why should I.

Think you make a good point with the premium thing as that may get you some 'brownie points' but I have already booked an appointment so will just pay for the bronze when I am there, it's only 600 odd baht.

I don't believe "brownie points" enters into it, everyone's situation and timescales are different. The ability to walk in rather than wait for an appointment several weeks hence suits me since I'm planning to be in the UK by 10 July and I want to see this completed before I leave, to me, 2k for that privilege is OK, but up to you.......signed Mrs M.

3 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

You don't have to take one of the premium packages if you don't want to but I agree the bronze is reasonable.

On the other hand , we decided to only pay for the SMS updates ( 85 baht )  and the registered mail return ( 280 baht ).  They are going to sift through your documents anyway.

If you look back through earlier posts,it would appear that the chances of actually getting a SMS are slim to none.This is a nice little earner for VFS as no one who has posted has said that they actually got one.We have done ten visitor visa applications over the years and have never had an SMS.

In general, I find the individual people at VFS to be fine but as a company they are sadly lacking in customer training and skills and yes, you are a customer paying for a service

6 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't believe "brownie points" enters into it, everyone's situation and timescales are different. The ability to walk in rather than wait for an appointment several weeks hence suits me since I'm planning to be in the UK by 10 July and I want to see this completed before I leave, to me, 2k for that privilege is OK, but up to you.......signed Mrs M.

We are going in September and have already made an appoitment for mid-July, so why on would I need to pay for a walk in??

Add to that, appointments are available within days, so where are you getting several weeks from?

3 hours ago, Denim said:

You don't have to take one of the premium packages if you don't want to but I agree the bronze is reasonable.

On the other hand , we decided to only pay for the SMS updates ( 85 baht )  and the registered mail return ( 280 baht ).  They are going to sift through your documents anyway.

Fair points, and yes I am very aware that one doesn't need to pay for the premium services, but thanks for the heads up just incase I was completely dim.

1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

We are going in September and have already made an appoitment for mid-July, so why on would I need to pay for a walk in??

Add to that, appointments are available within days, so where are you getting several weeks from?

If appointments are available within days that's great, I haven't yet looked, but I thought I read earlier in this thread where somebody wrote that they'd made their application and their appointment is in July, unsure if that was BKK to CNX. And.....if you don't want to use the paid for system,....don't do so, it's your choice and your right, we wont think anything bad about you, we promise! 

10 hours ago, CeeGee said:

If you look back through earlier posts,it would appear that the chances of actually getting a SMS are slim to none.This is a nice little earner for VFS as no one who has posted has said that they actually got one.We have done ten visitor visa applications over the years and have never had an SMS.

In general, I find the individual people at VFS to be fine but as a company they are sadly lacking in customer training and skills and yes, you are a customer paying for a service

We actually got an sms as soon as we got back to Petchabun that evening to say that our application  had been successfully  forwarded.

Not expecting another one until the result of the application  is known which they said would currently take about 15 days .

7 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

If appointments are available within days that's great, I haven't yet looked, but I thought I read earlier in this thread where somebody wrote that they'd made their application and their appointment is in July, unsure if that was BKK to CNX. And.....if you don't want to use the paid for system,....don't do so, it's your choice and your right, we wont think anything bad about you, we promise! 

What are you rambling on about man? I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay extra, as I've said already. Stop digging your hole deeper. And who is 'we' is that the royal 'we'? 

And maybe that guy picked his appointment for July, doesn't mean to say that was the next available one does it?

I can confirm that you can no longer make amendments in pen on your printed application form, as they don't scan that form. The people who deal with it in India take those details from online. 

I'd been there yesterday, having added some missing information in pen (with a note on the front page) as I had misread a question (anyone else notice the questions when filling out the form and the final confirmation form are worded differently?). Waited around (with much frustration as no one was clear on the procedure) and when called 2.5 hours after my appointment was scheduled for,  I immediately got told that the notes in pen would not be taken into account. I was welcome to submit the application anyway, but the risk of being accused for false information is far too daunting. 

They suggested I apply for a refund and re-start the application. Now the issue is, the submit button on the Apply for a Refund form doesn't seem to work. I found similar complaints online from over the past year. They charge you money to email or call them up for help. Can anyone advise how to go about this? 

9 minutes ago, mnop said:

I can confirm that you can no longer make amendments in pen on your printed application form, as they don't scan that form. The people who deal with it in India take those details from online. 

I'd been there yesterday, having added some missing information in pen (with a note on the front page) as I had misread a question (anyone else notice the questions when filling out the form and the final confirmation form are worded differently?). Waited around (with much frustration as no one was clear on the procedure) and when called 2.5 hours after my appointment was scheduled for,  I immediately got told that the notes in pen would not be taken into account. I was welcome to submit the application anyway, but the risk of being accused for false information is far too daunting. 

They suggested I apply for a refund and re-start the application. Now the issue is, the submit button on the Apply for a Refund form doesn't seem to work. I found similar complaints online from over the past year. They charge you money to email or call them up for help. Can anyone advise how to go about this? 

Oh dear, you have got yourself in a right pickle there, was the added info that important.?

To be fair it does clearly state online that you cannot changed your application once you press the 'send' button.

Archived