Hotel Raids continue in South Pattaya

sam neuts

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, digbeth said:

The short time motels with hourly rates seem to be untouched for now, do they fall under different category? or is it that most owner of these type of establishment has 'connections'

I guess it depends on if you gain control of the short time room, ie. are given keys?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, BestB said:

Pattaya addicts is not exactly

the beacon or the source of reliable information .

once again, there is no such a thing as guesthouse license.

Ask AJ to post a scan of this license 

what someone was possibly able to obtain is an exclusion.

please stop spreading rumours without any hard proof from a sex monger site.

Does Pattaya Addicts still exist ?

They happen to have been down for at least three days.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, swissie said:

Full compliance is in 2021. By then, the "raiders" will have thought of another money-generating "shake-down" scheme.
Could it be, that mainly "foreighn-owned" businesses are the main target?
Farang investors seem to be more interested in the subject than the Thais themselves.

As long as the "raiders" are grossly underpaid, "shake-downs", "crack-downs", "clean-up's", "knock-downs", "mop-up's" will be the order of the day. (Yawn).
But I am sure some hotel-licence crack down is more lucrative than rounding up the "usual suspects" of Lady-Boys on Beach Road.
Don't worry, be happy and hand over the brown envelope when the time is right. (Original text of an ancient Thai Folk Song.)

Food for thaught: Any legislation, violating the social concept of THAI RAK THAI in a major way will not be enforced.
Note: It's "Thai Rak Thai" and not "Thai Rak Farang."
Cheers.

These actions are not anti foreign owner. Or not hostile to any long term foreign renters. Quite the opposite.  They are supporting long term residents to get rid of transient, anti social elements who are disruptive.  These are not showdowns merely law enforcement. 

12 hours ago, DickFarang said:

Does Pattaya Addicts still exist ?

They happen to have been down for at least three days.

That place is basically a forum for farang bar/restaurant owners and katoey lovers (who are definitely not bi/gay, just ask them).  Say anything bad about either and you tend to get banned.

It seems to attract lots of wide eyed clueless newbies.

11 minutes ago, lapd said:

That place is basically a forum for farang bar/restaurant owners and katoey lovers (who are definitely not bi/gay, just ask them).  Say anything bad about either and you tend to get banned.

Which are you then?

• 2 weeks later...

It is a few months since i wrote this original post regarding short term rentals in Thailand.

As i am sure many of you will have noticed there has been an increase in inspections and closures.

The fines will get bigger and the inspections will get more frequent as we approach the 2021 deadline.

We are developing a number of web based tools to help Travellers and Hosts.

If you are hosting an illegal short term rental property, take care as the fines can be up to 10,000 THB per day (backdated.

If you are travelling you need to be aware of last minute cancellations and even being forced to re-locate during your holiday.

Make sure your short term rental accommodation is legally operating. (we can give you details on how to check and info on licence applications)

If you need to know if your hotel booking has a licence.

You are welcome to message me, as i have a FULL list of all hotels throughout Thailand that have a Hotel Licence and able to offer bookings of less than 30 days.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, sam neuts said:

It is a few months since i wrote this original post regarding short term rentals in Thailand.

As i am sure many of you will have noticed there has been an increase in inspections and closures.

The fines will get bigger and the inspections will get more frequent as we approach the 2021 deadline.

We are developing a number of web based tools to help Travellers and Hosts.

If you are hosting an illegal short term rental property, take care as the fines can be up to 10,000 THB per day (backdated.

If you are travelling you need to be aware of last minute cancellations and even being forced to re-locate during your holiday.

Make sure your short term rental accommodation is legally operating. (we can give you details on how to check and info on licence applications)

If you need to know if your hotel booking has a licence.

You are welcome to message me, as i have a FULL list of all hotels throughout Thailand that have a Hotel Licence and able to offer bookings of less than 30 days.

Sam you know as well as anyone the Hotel licence is a joke....Its only purpose is to try and kill off the little fish so the big fish get fatter....

Sam you know as well as anyone the Hotel licence is a joke....Its only purpose is to try and kill off the little fish so the big fish get fatter....
I really do think some things are changing, and from some of the articles and info i read, and our research team finds it is all interesting.

As an example: You have no idea how difficult it was to get a list of every hotel with a licence throughout each province in Thailand.
But a very interesting project and results for me.

Where it is all going depends on so many factors.

I like to share what information that is connected to the project i find.

Fully understand everyone has their own views and opinions.

Not telling anyone what to do.

Just info. for everyone to discuss.

Hidden agenda was to fill up rooms for big boys with higher prices. 

Check out OTA’s 4 star hotels 1500 baht , 5 star hotels as little as 2300 baht.

if anything prices have come down.

this hotel license bs is still in bs stages, no one managed to get new hotel license and those with lapsed ones still waiting for the new.

Also another fatal flaw with shutting down perfectly adequate guest houses is the rooms will still be there.....And leaving money on the table could make a Thai crazy....No one gives a rats-ass about a hotel licence....The owners or the customers or the police......The only people that care are the inspectors payed with dirty money .......    

Also another fatal flaw with shutting down perfectly adequate guest houses is the rooms will still be there.....And leaving money on the table could make a Thai crazy....No one gives a rats-ass about a hotel licence....The owners or the customers or the police......The only people that care are the inspectors payed with dirty money .......    
This is a worldwide problem.

Not just Thailand.

Many countries are taking action against hosts, and platform OTA's that have only controlled the market for the last 10 years.

The tax revenue alone makes it worthwhile in many countries to introduce a legal framework of registered businesses.

airbnb hosting numbers of over 61,400 listings in Thailand less than a year ago, have dramatically reduced.

I guess it depends if Thailand implements controls like France, Japan, France, USA and many other countries.

A few well placed authority figures can always make a difference and Thailand certainly has plans for its tourist economy and trying to make it less globalised with projects like GoLocal, Smart Move and the new TAT website integrations.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, lapd said:

I stopped posting on Pattaya Addicts several years ago.

Their frustrated (mostly Australian) moderators seem to envy and even dislike expats.

On Pattaya Gogos I also stopped contributing about a year ago, because of their cherry-picking attitude and their sometimes childish behavior.

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Please stay on topic which is about:

Hotel Raids continue in South Pattaya

Thank you

It seems to have gone very quiet since October - have the authorities stopped for high season? Anybody hear anything recently?

I did notice that the previous 1 month minimum rental signs on a couple of places had disappeared before Xmas...........

I also heard the other day that they are now checking bar/alcohol licence renewals so perhaps that is the new current priority.......... 

1 minute ago, topt said:

It seems to have gone very quiet since October - have the authorities stopped for high season? Anybody hear anything recently?

I did notice that the previous 1 month minimum rental signs on a couple of places had disappeared before Xmas...........

I also heard the other day that they are now checking bar/alcohol licence renewals so perhaps that is the new current priority.......... 

Full stop, even with legal proceedings against those who were raided.

Waiting for next year elections i am guessing

Not sure if it was in this thread or one of the many other on hotel raids back then, I mentioned that there's a newly built 'small' hotel in my soi owned by ex-politician, now that the hotel has been opened half a year, and now the owner is now in power at Pattaya City hall so there's that

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Not sure if it was in this thread or one of the many other on hotel raids back then, I mentioned that there's a newly built 'small' hotel in my soi owned by ex-politician, now that the hotel has been opened half a year, and now the owner is now in power at Pattaya City hall so there's that

No one stopping anyone from opening a new one. People do not apply for hotel license but room for rent license.

People do not apply for hotel license, because authorities do not issue it and if they do, it takes a few years and building approval prior to construction. It must have been approved specifically  for hotel.

All existing buildings operating as hotels, can not get approved even if they meet all the criteria like green space, parking space, 2 stair cases, distance from other buildings and distance from the road. Once you have managed to pass all their new silly requirements, they hit you with what was original construction plan? and you back to square one ????

Now, if "hotel" is owned by someone connected, if raids were to take place, owner knows about it and either closes the door so it appears closed or police simply skip that business.

Archived