BANGKOK
sam neuts

Hotel Raids continue in South Pattaya

Also another fatal flaw with shutting down perfectly adequate guest houses is the rooms will still be there.....And leaving money on the table could make a Thai crazy....No one gives a rats-ass about a hotel licence....The owners or the customers or the police......The only people that care are the inspectors payed with dirty money .......    

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

Also another fatal flaw with shutting down perfectly adequate guest houses is the rooms will still be there.....And leaving money on the table could make a Thai crazy....No one gives a rats-ass about a hotel licence....The owners or the customers or the police......The only people that care are the inspectors payed with dirty money .......    
This is a worldwide problem.

Not just Thailand.

Many countries are taking action against hosts, and platform OTA's that have only controlled the market for the last 10 years.

The tax revenue alone makes it worthwhile in many countries to introduce a legal framework of registered businesses.

airbnb hosting numbers of over 61,400 listings in Thailand less than a year ago, have dramatically reduced.

I guess it depends if Thailand implements controls like France, Japan, France, USA and many other countries.

A few well placed authority figures can always make a difference and Thailand certainly has plans for its tourist economy and trying to make it less globalised with projects like GoLocal, Smart Move and the new TAT website integrations.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, lapd said:

That place is basically a forum for farang bar/restaurant owners and katoey lovers (who are definitely not bi/gay, just ask them).  Say anything bad about either and you tend to get banned.

It seems to attract lots of wide eyed clueless newbies.

I stopped posting on Pattaya Addicts several years ago.

Their frustrated (mostly Australian) moderators seem to envy and even dislike expats.

On Pattaya Gogos I also stopped contributing about a year ago, because of their cherry-picking attitude and their sometimes childish behavior.

• Haha 1

Please stay on topic which is about:

Thank you

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Please stay on topic which is about:

Thank you

It seems to have gone very quiet since October - have the authorities stopped for high season? Anybody hear anything recently?

I did notice that the previous 1 month minimum rental signs on a couple of places had disappeared before Xmas...........

I also heard the other day that they are now checking bar/alcohol licence renewals so perhaps that is the new current priority.......... 

1 minute ago, topt said:

It seems to have gone very quiet since October - have the authorities stopped for high season? Anybody hear anything recently?

I did notice that the previous 1 month minimum rental signs on a couple of places had disappeared before Xmas...........

I also heard the other day that they are now checking bar/alcohol licence renewals so perhaps that is the new current priority.......... 

Full stop, even with legal proceedings against those who were raided.

Waiting for next year elections i am guessing

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it was in this thread or one of the many other on hotel raids back then, I mentioned that there's a newly built 'small' hotel in my soi owned by ex-politician, now that the hotel has been opened half a year, and now the owner is now in power at Pattaya City hall so there's that

2 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Not sure if it was in this thread or one of the many other on hotel raids back then, I mentioned that there's a newly built 'small' hotel in my soi owned by ex-politician, now that the hotel has been opened half a year, and now the owner is now in power at Pattaya City hall so there's that

No one stopping anyone from opening a new one. People do not apply for hotel license but room for rent license.

People do not apply for hotel license, because authorities do not issue it and if they do, it takes a few years and building approval prior to construction. It must have been approved specifically  for hotel.

All existing buildings operating as hotels, can not get approved even if they meet all the criteria like green space, parking space, 2 stair cases, distance from other buildings and distance from the road. Once you have managed to pass all their new silly requirements, they hit you with what was original construction plan? and you back to square one 😉

Now, if "hotel" is owned by someone connected, if raids were to take place, owner knows about it and either closes the door so it appears closed or police simply skip that business.