Girl, 17, charged after forcing girl, 14, to have sex with Indian man in Pattaya

webfact

9 hours ago, jonclark said:

Yes would be the answer to the latter half.

The onus of responsibility falls on the adult.  A person under the age of consent, even if they verbally agree to sex, cannot legally do so, because they are too young to be able to - It's know as statutory rape. 

So intentionally or not Kumar is the guilty party.  That maybe unfair, but the big picture is the legal protection of minors. In Thailand the age of consent is 18 years old. 

It's 18 when it comes to prostitution so in this case  it would be underage. For normal relationships it's 15.  However this girl was 14 so however you pitch it, it's illegal.  It is sad state of affairs at any level but all too common in Thailand I fear. 

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It's 18 when it comes to prostitution so in this case  it would be underage. For normal relationships it's 15.  However this girl was 14 so however you pitch it, it's illegal.  It is sad state of affairs at any level but all too common in Thailand I fear. 

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand , whatever the age , although adult prostitution is not usually prosecuted , prostitution involving minors IS prosecuted 

This girl was probably raped from age 10 in her poor village, her mind is already fuxxed up, she needs all the help and care she can get , far away from Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Tambs2020 said:

Whats your angle?

Where we are kids have been riding motorbikes for a few years around all over place before 14.emoji53.png

Riding motorbikes around town isn't the same as traveling a couple hundred kilometers from home with strangers for purposes of prostitution.

But my angle was, is there any sign of parental/guardian responsibility/oversight anywhere in the story???

Riding motorbikes around town isn't the same as traveling a couple hundred kilometers from home with strangers for purposes of prostitution.

But my angle was, is there any sign of parental/guardian responsibility/oversight anywhere in the story???

Of course not, I only see it sometimes out in the sticks, most of the time parents dont give a rats, hence why its a major issue in LOS.

We support "Destiny Rescue" because they do a cracking job [emoji106]

Sent from my X9079 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There sure is did you read it?.

The parents refused Bee, and went to the cops.

Additionally, 3 other girls were rescued.

If it were not for her parents intervention/actions, it would probably still be going on.

Just now, bkk6060 said:

There sure is did you read it?.

The parents refused Bee, and went to the cops.

Additionally, 3 other girls were rescued.

If it were not for her parents intervention/actions, it would probably still be going on.

You're missing the point. The article's only mention of family involvement was AFTER the girl's return from her prostitution trip to Pattaya. I was asking where were the parents when the girl decided to leave Ubon either alone or with strangers and travel to Pattaya to prostitute herself?  Zero mention about that.

If you were the father of a 14 year old teenager, would you be allowing her to travel hundreds of kilometers away from home either alone or with strangers, based on a Facebook invitation, to a city that everyone in the world knows is the poster child for prostitution in Thailand???

5 minutes ago, Tambs2020 said:

Of course not, I only see it sometimes out in the sticks, most of the time parents dont give a rats, hence why its a major issue in LOS.

That was my point!!!  Most of the time, the parents don't give a rats.

At least, the girl involved here, after making the original very bad decision to go to Pattaya and have sex for money with an Indian guy, apparently decided on her own afterward that that wasn't the life she desired, and went running back home on her own. So at least, she gets kudos for learning from her mistakes.

So Ae's family had no knowledge of her going to Pattaya to make money this way? I doubt it they probably even encouraged her to go and only got concerned  and got the police involved  when Ae was accused of steeling money from  Bee who then demanded she return to work in Pattaya to repay the debt. Otherwise I am sure her family would not have said anything to the police and were happy with the 4,000 baht she made. Folks it is all about money that is it!

6 hours ago, Mac98 said:

It's all a puzzle. A girl can bang every guy in her high school twice a week and it's no problem, legally. But if the guy is more than three years older than her, or hands her 1,000b, then there are calls for castration and hanging, plus she's assumed to be ruined for life. (I'm not talking about a girl forced, as in this case.) Maybe they should ban all sex before age 18. That would simplify things. Why do you think they don't? Just asking.

What a load of total and complete dribble.

It is all part of the scheme of things that young people, usually those in the early teens first encounter sexual experiences with their peers, it really becomes a voyage of discovery for them. When I was 11 or 12, the boys would ask the girls; you show me yours and I`ll show you mine, that is mostly how we learned about the differences between male and female anatomies and later it might progress into their first sexual experiences.

There is a world of difference between young teenage girls having normal sexual experiences with boys of their own age and being pimped out by criminal gangs for the sexual gratifications of dirty old men for profits run as a business on an industrial scale, including being exposed to all manner of sexual diseases and abuse. 

Get real.

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I bet the 17 year old, Bee, was not operating alone, and is just a front person for a gang that procure young girls into prostitution and who were the other youths and adults?

This sounds like a criminal gang of human traffickers and pimps using young girls to front their operation. Bee, is probably just as much a victim as was the 14 year old girl that has been groomed into it.

I bet you are correct.

On 3/31/2018 at 1:07 PM, Media1 said:

On 6/4/2018 at 5:28 AM, kannot said:

19 hours ago, ZAKY said:

14 years old? Can Kumar say that he could not see she was a young minor? He beleived that its so easy because of poverty. 

No ID card under 15

10 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

There is a world of difference between young teenage girls having normal sexual experiences with boys of their own age

Females should only be having sexual experiences with their husband.

This is why the world is in the mess it is today.

Sexual 'experiences' destroy a woman's soul.

17 year old procuring 14 year old is just awful.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:59 PM, jonclark said:

Yes would be the answer to the latter half.

The onus of responsibility falls on the adult.  A person under the age of consent, even if they verbally agree to sex, cannot legally do so, because they are too young to be able to - It's know as statutory rape. 

So intentionally or not Kumar is the guilty party.  That maybe unfair, but the big picture is the legal protection of minors. In Thailand the age of consent is 18 years old. 

On 6/5/2018 at 11:28 PM, whaleboneman said:

On 6/5/2018 at 11:40 PM, robblok said:

Not for paid sex like in this case.

Or non-Thais. Foreign nationals will absolutely be arrested and charged for sex with Thai girls under the age of 18.

And the old dodge of "family consent" is no longer accepted.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Females should only be having sexual experiences with their husband.

This is why the world is in the mess it is today.

Sexual 'experiences' destroy a woman's soul.

17 year old procuring 14 year old is just awful.

Wow.

Sexual experience might destroy a woman's ability to put up with a man who cannot satisfy her in bed, but I suspect her soul will remain intact.

And, yes, a 17 yo procuring a 14 yo for prostitution is awful.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:48 PM, Mac98 said:

It's all a puzzle. A girl can bang every guy in her high school twice a week and it's no problem, legally. But if the guy is more than three years older than her, or hands her 1,000b, then there are calls for castration and hanging, plus she's assumed to be ruined for life. (I'm not talking about a girl forced, as in this case.) Maybe they should ban all sex before age 18. That would simplify things. Why do you think they don't? Just asking.

In places like Saudi Arabia they do exactly this by segregation and keeping the girls away from the boy at an early age. The girls are also forced to cover themselves from head to toe and cannot go out on there own without a male relative being present. 

Do you think that is better?  

I do however agree that most teens are sexually active before the age of 18 and some as young as 14 years old. I was one of those. But, that doesn't make this right either. 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, JMSIII said:

Really Kumar, <deleted>, why have a underage girl, when you can have countless 18-19 years olds who willingly freelance with Indian, Pakistan and other Arabs, for much cheaper...

Actually, nearly all of the Thai girls absolutely hate going with Indians, and only do so when desperate.

Archived