Crazy price - Why ??

Social Media

2 hours ago, mr_lob said:

I paid 500 baht from the city to Don Muang today and it took 30 mins with expressway.

Krabi airport to Aonang is 600 and its 30 mins

Hardly treble the price

You must have been either ripped off or stuck in traffic but that was your experience, not mine.

5 minutes ago, wump said:

There used to be a songthaew to/from the airport. And the funny sidecar motos. None of these things there anymore?

that was 1966... Krabi APT isn't huge, best shoot it's to walk out to Petchasari Rd. and wait at the bus stops, Songteaws are passing by very often, or take the bus from inside the airport that is 90 to Krabi TWN and 110 to AoNang Beach... Said so if you want the executive transportation to town you pay for it, Krabi it's the most expensive province in Thailand.

Just now, MekkOne said:

Krabi it's the most expensive province in Thailand.

Is it? I was there last time some 6 years ago and back then it was a fair bit cheaper than Phuket, especially transport. If the ride from the airport really is 30 minutes then I don't see too much of problem with it being 600 Baht.

13 hours ago, mr_lob said:

I paid 500 baht from the city to Don Muang today and it took 30 mins with expressway.

Hardly treble the price

Mmm you paid farang tourist price, meter rate is 270 baht DM to city did it last week. Non meter mafia will want 600 baht.

13 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Hardly treble the price

You got ripped off going to Don Meuang.

Try Grab next time

There's a white bus every 30-60mins to Krabi town from airport 100bt per person. Takes 30 mins. Goes up to Chao Fa road near 7/11. They pick up from your hotel 100 baht by asking reception or walking up to hotel near 7/11 in Chao Fa road. Easy and cheap. There's another bus to Ao Nang for 150 baht. Buy all tickets at counter to right side coming out of arrivals.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:58 PM, Black Ops said:

Why are the prices so damn high from Krabi Airport ? 

Half the distance and nearly treble the price compared to Bangkok Taxi ?? 

Or is this just typical for the Krabi Airport ?

I don't know how the Krabi taxis operate but comparing them to BKK taxis going to Pattaya, for example. The fares are usually artificially low because they can always arrange a return trip for 500 or more, which helps to cover their costs. They never go back empty as there's is many services waiting for taxis that need to return to BKK.

Thai taxi prices are quite cheap compared to some of our home countries; are they not?  Seems to me I took a taxi from Harrod's to Heathrow about 25 years ago, about 30 minutes as I recall, and it was more like 20 pounds than 20 dollars.

23 hours ago, oscarsmum said:

There's a white bus every 30-60mins to Krabi town from airport 100bt per person. Takes 30 mins. Goes up to Chao Fa road near 7/11. They pick up from your hotel 100 baht by asking reception or walking up to hotel near 7/11 in Chao Fa road. Easy and cheap. There's another bus to Ao Nang for 150 baht. Buy all tickets at counter to right side coming out of arrivals.

Unless there has been a recent price hike, it should be 70 baht. That is if you pay the driver.

The big White bus from the Airport to Ao Nang is 150 Baht and has been for several years.  It does drop you outside your hotel even if it’s up one of the small side Soi.

If you get the white Songteaw from the main road outside the airport then its 80 baht and they will drop you outside your hotel if it’s on their main route.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 7:07 AM, smotherb said:

Thai taxi prices are quite cheap compared to some of our home countries; are they not?  Seems to me I took a taxi from Harrod's to Heathrow about 25 years ago, about 30 minutes as I recall, and it was more like 20 pounds than 20 dollars.

People like whining.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, krabi local said:

The big White bus from the Airport to Ao Nang is 150 Baht and has been for several years.  It does drop you outside your hotel even if it’s up one of the small side Soi.

If you get the white Songteaw from the main road outside the airport then its 80 baht and they will drop you outside your hotel if it’s on their main route.

Well, there's also the 'mini bus/van' (car too, sp?) from the airport, which I was referring to. They are/was 70baht to the city.

On 6/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, wump said:

There used to be a songthaew to/from the airport. And the funny sidecar motos. None of these things there anymore?

There sure is, songthaews still run until around 4 or 5pm.  You have to know enough to walk out of the airport, through the taxis and what not, and stand on the street.  But it's worth it, price is  30 baht from airport to krabi town.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 7:07 AM, smotherb said:

Comparing home country taxi prices to here isn't really a good idea.

Thinking that way is one reason some expats fork out massive over the top sums for houses here. What they pay may seem a lot less than the cost of a similar property and outlook but that doesn't stop it being massively overpriced.

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Comparing home country taxi prices to here isn't really a good idea.

Thinking that way is one reason some expats fork out massive over the top sums for houses here. What they pay may seem a lot less than the cost of a similar property and outlook but that doesn't stop it being massively overpriced.

Sorry, I have always compared prices between countries to determine values; it has served me well for over 50 years as an expat. Its called Purchasing Power Parity, a popular macroeconomic metric. However, you should not just compare one good or service; a basket of several goods and services provides better results.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived