Hotel - Guest houses in Ranong.

Afternoon all,

Me and the Mrs will be leaving Prachuap Khiri Khan mid morning tomorrow and taking a leisurely drive down to Ranong, can anyone recommend a decent Hotel or guest house on or close to the beach ? nightly rate of 1000 - 1500 Baht preferably with with decent Western food, I know it's a rather short notice request but when I tried searching online earlier a lot of the places were on islands and trying to filter them out was a nightmare, Thanks in advance for any help :thumbsup: 

It would be adviseable to overnight at Nakhon Sri Thamarat. I often drive from Songkhla to NST as it is a relatively short drive. I know there is not much on offer in Ranot as I visit an American friend who lives there.

I once lived in NST and found its restaurants and shopping well catered for. One hotel I found reasonably priced is the Grand Hotel. If you want to try a very good Western food or Thai food there is a very good restaurant opposite the Grand Hotel. Good luck

Now in Krabi, which I find to be kind of like Pattaya without the go go's although I'm sure they are are around and can be found, absolutely heaving with people, we are staying at The L Resort, which while not cheap does have very well appointed rooms, including one of those coffee machines that you stick the cartridges in, not tried it yet but will, and Earl Grey tea etc, the breakfast is a blast and on from 7 till 11 am, you could eat enough in one sitting to not to have to eat for the rest of the day.

Thursday we are off to Trang, having trouble finding anything near a beach worth booking unless any of you know different and can recommend :biggrin: 

Archived