BANGKOK 21 June 2019 05:00
falangUK

Which Air conditioner to buy?

Hi all :),

Trying to figure out Which Air conditioner to buy? since the current  one is guzzling electricity ? and noisy ? 

12000 BTU, for bedroom upstairs, not directly exposed to sun[light]

We will be buying directly from somewhere (in Chiang Mai) like siam TV or Home Pro

1. Mitsubishi >> recommended by electrician as the best choice

2. LG  >> recommended by electrician as the 2nd best choice, works great initially but then problems after some time

3. Daikin

4. Others

Would be very grateful for any advice ?

I've always used Mitsubishi ceiling cassette units in my house, and not so long ago replaced the main one with a new inverter unit ... Mitsubishi again. The power saving is instantly noticeable. Can't beat 'em.

• Like 2

My bet is from what iv'e seen in construction camps is either Mitsui or Dackon 

But that may be only due to contract as they have thousands 

& they run 24 / 7 

• Like 1

I like the price, warranty, ease of filter access, and compressor on the Panasonic.  Also like Carrier, but a bit pricey now.  I think the new LG are much improved...built in surge protection..won t skip a beat a 350 volts and that protects the controller board.  Daikin OK, but not worth the same as carrier or panasonic.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Mitsubishi inverter.   But you will not go wrong with a Daikan inverter either.

ive had Daikan 10 years in my house only had one problem and that was Daikan engineer wanted to rip me off 22,000 baht for a 2,000 baht repair. got it repaired by a local engineer.

Daiken! 13 years and still running strong with regular servicing! 

Mitsubishi parts are easy to come by in Thailand, hence the recommendation by the sellers. 

• Like 2

Have used Daikin, Samsung, Mitsubishi Heavy and Slim. LG. PANASONIC and others. Lately, the last 2 years, I have switched to Central Air. Inverter and Non-Inverter. Could not be happier. Modern units. Small and quiet in and out. Don't get dirty as fast as most others. Very affordable... Good features and Zero problems so far. Also impressed with Panasonic, which I use for 4 years in my house. Nice day. MS>

• Like 1