Carrier Bag for Frozen Food.

Anyone know where in Bangkok I can buy a carrier bag with a zip and insulation for carrying frozen food?

I know you can buy them at the western supermarket on the bottom floor of the Central Festival mall in Pattaya.

I'd check Decathlon Sports if I found nothing online.

Not sure it's exactly what you need, but I gifted insulated backpacks to each of the ladies in the office when they popped out a kid and started the breast pumping thing.  Decathlon also has insulated bags in many sizes and configurations. 

Not that I promise they're always in stock.

I think most camping shop have these, but so do many of the bigger supermarkets. We got a couple as gifts or at discount from Betagro and TGM - sometimes they have these promotions. You'll probably want some of them plastic ice thingies, shopping malls a better bet for these (we bought at Paragon).

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I'd check Decathlon Sports if I found nothing online.

Not sure it's exactly what you need, but I gifted insulated backpacks to each of the ladies in the office when they popped out a kid and started the breast pumping thing.  Decathlon also has insulated bags in many sizes and configurations. 

Not that I promise they're always in stock.

Thanks, I will do that.

18 hours ago, Morch said:

I think most camping shop have these, but so do many of the bigger supermarkets. We got a couple as gifts or at discount from Betagro and TGM - sometimes they have these promotions. You'll probably want some of them plastic ice thingies, shopping malls a better bet for these (we bought at Paragon).

Here's a question. 

I understand the advantages of freezing point depression, but are the ice thingies really any better than using bottled water?  Granted, when I was a kid (and middle aged, BTW), bottled water wasn't ubiquitous, and blue ice was handy.  I tried freezing Coke, but that was rather messy. 

But in the past 10-15 years, I just keep a couple bottles of drinking water in the freezer and pull them out when I need ice for the cooler.  Cheaper, disposable, no worry about leaks, and I can drink the ice water.  The only caution is to pour out about an inch for expansion so they don't burst in the freezer.

Has anyone done any real comparison, especially in the Thai heat where ice doesn't last long anyway?

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

Here's a question. 

I understand the advantages of freezing point depression, but are the ice thingies really any better than using bottled water?  Granted, when I was a kid (and middle aged, BTW), bottled water wasn't ubiquitous, and blue ice was handy.  I tried freezing Coke, but that was rather messy. 

But in the past 10-15 years, I just keep a couple bottles of drinking water in the freezer and pull them out when I need ice for the cooler.  Cheaper, disposable, no worry about leaks, and I can drink the ice water.  The only caution is to pour out about an inch for expansion so they don't burst in the freezer.

Has anyone done any real comparison, especially in the Thai heat where ice doesn't last long anyway?

As far as I can tell, they stay frozen (or at least, cold) much longer, and the good ones don't leak. They also come in a shape that's easier to pack (both in the bag and the fridge). We've been using the same set for years now. Never gave it much thought, though, it's one of the Mrs. things.

Archived