TM30 explained for landlords and tenants

40 minutes ago, jackdd said:

So you were fined because the owner of the house or your wife as the possessor of the house did not submit a TM30.

Obviously you could have refused to pay the fine, because you can't be legally fined for it (house master, owner or posessor, has to do it as the headline of the form states, you are non of this), but probably then they would have refused to do your extension.

That's of course a quite big change, because until now everybody assumed that private persons don't have to file a TM30 in Bangkok

I noted that they required me to to do one in November when I applied for my extesnion, but I was not fined. Lots of others were.

So now it is interesting to know if you need to fill only one TM30 or everytime you fly in from outside Bangkok, because your TM6 card changed?

If you have to do it 1 time as long your address is the same, then it's not that bad. But if you have to fill out one everytime you leave the country this could be some extrem additional work for some people who leave Thailand a lot. Hope to become more infos soon.

Begin of January I will go for my extension.. and will see if the Initial TM30 is enough (not match with the latest TM6 arrival card).

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

So now it is interesting to know if you need to fill only one TM30 or everytime you fly in from outside Bangkok, because your TM6 card changed?

If you have to do it 1 time as long your address is the same, then it's not that bad. But if you have to fill out one everytime you leave the country this could be some extrem additional work for some people who leave Thailand a lot. Hope to become more infos soon.

Begin of January I will go for my extension.. and will see if the Initial TM30 is enough (not match with the latest TM6 arrival card).

The policy varies by immigration-office.  Some want a new TM-30 every time you leave the Province.  Others every time one leaves the Country.  Others want a new one only if your home-address changes.  Also, within larger offices, the policy can vary based upon what type of Visa or Extension you have.

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

but probably then they would have refused to do your extension.

Yes, seemingly they send you to do the TM30 first for a reason.

Personally find this requirement just another way they can line their pockets, we are treated as their personal ATM! 

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The old jokes are always the best.

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:
On 12/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, lust said:

they said they forgot to make a receipt

Those receipts are even often a joke.

I don't think there is somebody who ever checked with the " higher authorities " if these receipts, or some of them, are guenine.

Usuaaly they are threw away when leaving the office.

Two things, firstly if you have a Thai wife/girlfiend/companion and you go somewhere else in Thailand use their ID to check in. I have never been to a hotel where they ask for two IDs.

Secondly, I think Thailand has a right to make it's own rules for foreigners. I have no problem with that. If I know the rule I will follow it (whether I think it sensible or not). What I have a problem with is inconistency in interpreting/applying the rules. I came back from abroad last year and went to my immigration and asked if they needed a TM30 - answer no, just do the 90 day when it's due. However, I fully expect one day to go for my 90 day sometime after returning from abroad and get fined for not doing a TM30 - that's what I find so frustrating about Thailand.

• Like 1

At first, they boned me for I was a day late for making my visa. We spent Christmas in Pattaya and went to immigration on the 27th. My passport was stamped as the 27th but they said I should have come on the 26th, as my passport said 26th on a different stamp which I misread and it’s my mistake.They charged me 500baht for one day late, even though the airport doesn’t charge you for one day late.

Then the miserable broad asked us for other documents we’ve never been asked for and then told us about the TM30. Whatever, it’s only 800baht. Some of these immigration people are like robots. No emotion, no empathy, no sympathy. 

Anyways, hope you guys don’t get the same treatment.

57 minutes ago, lust said:

Some of these immigration people are like robots. No emotion, no empathy, no sympathy. 

These type of people are scattered throughout the world. Have pity on them as they are missing some pretty cool emotions. And as Mr T always said, I pity the fool.

16 hours ago, lust said:

At first, they boned me for I was a day late for making my visa. We spent Christmas in Pattaya and went to immigration on the 27th. My passport was stamped as the 27th but they said I should have come on the 26th, as my passport said 26th on a different stamp which I misread and it’s my mistake.They charged me 500baht for one day late, even though the airport doesn’t charge you for one day late.

Then the miserable broad asked us for other documents we’ve never been asked for and then told us about the TM30. Whatever, it’s only 800baht. Some of these immigration people are like robots. No emotion, no empathy, no sympathy. 

Exactly as they should be.

Learn Their rules and comply.

You aren't "special".

Now it is obviously what happened

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/31/2018 at 4:52 PM, phuketrichard said:

POW; POWER OF ATTORNEY

needed from house owner  

2 5 baht tax stamps.

try again......not a prisoner of war   haha   well, unless you married the controlling type

POA    power of attorney       immigration has a form .....need to ask for it  (mawp ahmnat)  in thai

• 2 months later...

We are returning to Chiang Mai tomorrow from a visa run to Vientiene. Everything I’m reading indicates that I need a TM30. I know it’s the landlord’s responsibility to take care of of it or face a 1600 BHt penalty, but I would like to do it myself for her. I’m assuming her signature on the bottom will suffice along with rental agreement. 

Because of what I’ve read online all night, I’m not sure if the form is needed in lieu of the card stapled to the passports or if that even suffices. 

Also, the TM30 form is a little confusing...it asks for addresses twice, and I’m not sure of what it really wants. I cannot find a filled out TM30 no matter how many times/ways I Google it. 

I know these are rather inane questions but I’ve been here since the beginning of November and learning as I go obviously. Maybe you more experienced folks can get me on the right path. 

Thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, FaFaHead said:

We are returning to Chiang Mai tomorrow from a visa run to Vientiene. Everything I’m reading indicates that I need a TM30. I know it’s the landlord’s responsibility to take care of of it or face a 1600 BHt penalty, but I would like to do it myself for her. I’m assuming her signature on the bottom will suffice along with rental agreement. 

They should allow your do it. If one has been done before they just stamp your most recent entry on the existing receipt for it.

9 hours ago, FaFaHead said:

Also, the TM30 form is a little confusing...it asks for addresses twice, and I’m not sure of what it really wants. I cannot find a filled out TM30 no matter how many times/ways

One address is for the owners current address the other is for the address being reported.

Your info is entered on page 2.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 11:23 PM, FaFaHead said:

In the past, they've required a copy of the owner's (Thai landlord's) tabien baan, national ID card, and sometimes a copy of their deed showing they own the property.  I'm very doubtful CM Immigration will accept an original TM30 filing with the Thai landlord only signing the TM30 form.  But wish you luck.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, grollies said:

Just out of interest is anyone here married to a Thai immigration officer?

Perfect solution for an expat I'd imagine.

Many moons ago I was refused point blank by a imm lady and that was to just ask her out. ????