Chinese couple stayed two days - but this is how they left the room

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Quality tourists !

Just the type they are pushing for to come here.

I normally leave places better than when i move in.

Fix light's, leaky showers, loose toilet seats.

We have all seen them.

This is disgusting. 

I hope they get blacklisted. 

And lost the deposit. 

I have seen the video on a main Thai channel yesterday night, I thought only two people in 48 hours it is almost impossible there is a lot of things  under the bed in the toilet absolutely everywhere,  dozens of plastic bags it is very hard to have a logical explanation how on earth two people could have done that in 48 hours???

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These are the quality tourists the TAT is pursuing. Almost 10 million Chinese visited Thailand in 2017. They are putting all of their eggs in the Chinese basket. Good luck with that.

I am sure these people are not representative of the average Chinese tourist. But what can one even say? Do they live like that at home? Why such disrespect? I hesitate to leave anything in a hotel room when I check out. Were these guests human, or did they rent the room to animals?

3 hours ago, geisha said:

It looks like they emptied bin bags all over the place before leaving. Charge a big deposit, returned when the room is checked, as they do’ in hotels.

Were they protesting about something?

There's always the other side of the coin, I rented out a luxury house and pool near Jomtien beach, every tenant was farang, 75% of the tenants were pigs, did very costly damage, one family (an engineer from UK and his farang wife and kids) had kids who wrote all over the wallpaper, when I discovered it I asked them to ensure the kids stopped damaging the wall paper, they refused 'your problem not ours' I told them to leave in 48 hours or I would call the police and call the CEO of the multinational company the engineer worked for,  they left but I didn't refund any deposit moneys.

Another deliberately damaged the pool equipment which worked well but they wanted it changed to a one size smaller pump to reduce the electricity bill, so they damaged the whole equipment - somehow sand and grease got into the pump and filter. The female farang involved was a severe alcohol, the gardener, maid and pool man refused to go to the house except when she was shopping in Bkk because of her abuse, the maid wore a face mask because of the smell in the bathroom caused by the behaviors and habits of the farang woman.

5 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I have seen the video on a main Thai channel yesterday night, I thought only two people in 48 hours it is almost impossible there is a lot of things  under the bed in the toilet absolutely everywhere,  dozens of plastic bags it is very hard to have a logical explanation how on earth two people could have done that in 48 hours???

Maybe 2 check-in but another 10 arrived by the back stairs.  Folks from a country 3 - 4 hours flying to the West of LOS are famous for this, plus theft of everything from the room. 

1 hour ago, CharlesSwann said:

Judging by the way it is scattered, they obviously trashed the room deliberately - presumably after an argument with the landlord. Or else the landlord did it himself after the argument for the sake of some anti-Chinese publicity.

Absolutely impossible otherwise! As I said I have seen the video on a Thai channel, such a mess in 48hours by only two people is only possible if deliberate.

The last I had read, the Thai's were supposed to prefer the Chinese over foreigners...no?

So this really comes as a shock, as I was lead to think all was well.

Foreign visitors down and the local happy that we've been replaced with more quality tourists: Chinese!

Where is the line drawn between illegally renting out a room and suffering damages to said room? 

The Chinese are filthy, full deserving of their bad reputation. But it sounds like this person who rented out a room was in violation if Thailand's stupid Hotel Act.

3 hours ago, CharlesSwann said:

Judging by the way it is scattered, they obviously trashed the room deliberately - presumably after an argument with the landlord. Or else the landlord did it himself after the argument for the sake of some anti-Chinese publicity.

the "sanook" link takes you to the article with 20 photos.

this is not garbage strewn about by filthy pigs.  there's a lot of stuff;

appears a bag of mostly clean, dry litter was spread around.

but no real filth - no food on the floors, no stains on the walls, no

likker bottles, no cigarette butts.

looks carefully placed by someone for the effect.

and the real clue....an untouched takeout box of fried noodles on the

nightstand.  chinese would take it with on the plane....

5 hours ago, bizboi said:

…really??? You must have some good dark glasses!! How many did you count in the first hour spit on the road?? How many parents did you see open the flap on the backside of their pamperless kid and let them crap in the road!! Ive lived in Hubei Province for 3 years now  - I dont find this at all unusual!!! What surprises me was there is no human waste!!! In this case the stereotype does NOT LIE the Chinese are generally a dirty mess!!!!

I meant i have never been subjected to an additional charge to cover possible damage or mess.   I've seen all the things you talk of and even a corpse down a drain !

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not just Chinese. We once had a younger Russian lady stay for a month. She was a Time Share sales person and would leave the apartment all beautified (and was a good looking  woman). Yet when she checked out the apartment was disgusting, especially the toilet. She had caused a blocked toilet yet kept on using it without telling us. 

agree, back in student days a friend of mine worked as a chamber maid for the summer, uk hotel, uk guests, most were fine but some were shocking. one of the worst was a well known, at the time, snooker player

picking bad examples and generally applying them to nations/cultures is never a good idea.

I like Chinese as well. Chinese food that is. On my first trip to China I had a

mother daughter try  to knock me off my feet. I resisted them until my Thai

brother in law came over, flashed a police badge in their face and yelled in

Chinese, and they both fled. We were in Bejiing at the time. I seen some

street sh*tters  on the next tour near Shanghai, Yup lots of quality Chinese

even in China.

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not just Chinese. We once had a younger Russian lady stay for a month. She was a Time Share sales person and would leave the apartment all beautified (and was a good looking  woman). Yet when she checked out the apartment was disgusting, especially the toilet. She had caused a blocked toilet yet kept on using it without telling us. 

"she was a good looking woman"  shocking.  We all know only ugly people make messes.   Seriously...

Yes,.  There is a lot of profiling in this story.

In many different countries that I have lived in I have seen news stories like this.  It has absolutely nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with individual pigs.  I live in the middle of Farmersville in China at the moment and am often invited to people's homes and I never see this though I must confess that the Chinese have a penchant for dropping tissues on the ground for staff to clean up.

Also it has a lot to do with the touristy thing that all people do when they are not at home they feel entitled to act like pigs.  Go to any tourist place in the world and you will see behaviour from people that you know they would not do in their own country.

Archived