Chinese couple stayed two days - but this is how they left the room

webfact

23 hours ago, madmitch said:

It's not just the Chinese, by the way. We once had similar with a Swedish couple, though we did discover they were junkies. They were red-carded.

why did not you call the police and ruin their life? junkies deserve this

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

The last I had read, the Thai's were supposed to prefer the Chinese over foreigners...no?

So this really comes as a shock, as I was lead to think all was well.

Foreign visitors down and the local happy that we've been replaced with more quality tourists: Chinese!

That comment came from one source, it wasn't a blanket statement on behalf of all of Thailand.

12 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I meant i have never been subjected to an additional charge to cover possible damage or mess.   I've seen all the things you talk of and even a corpse down a drain !

And corpses down drains is discovered here a couple of times every year.

I remember the outrage when, after bad experiences,  another Phuket guest house put a sign on the door saying:

"No Israelis welcome, they are all troublemakers"

Imagine the outrage and consequences if the owner of this guest house would place a similar sign regarding to Chinese at the door...

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, LivinginKata said:

Not just Chinese. We once had a younger Russian lady stay for a month. She was a Time Share sales person and would leave the apartment all beautified (and was a good looking  woman). Yet when she checked out the apartment was disgusting, especially the toilet. She had caused a blocked toilet yet kept on using it without telling us. 

Land Lords fault shoud have taken a 1000 baht deposit before they cheak out !

On 6/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, LivinginKata said:

Not just Chinese. We once had a younger Russian lady stay for a month. She was a Time Share sales person and would leave the apartment all beautified (and was a good looking  woman). Yet when she checked out the apartment was disgusting, especially the toilet. She had caused a blocked toilet yet kept on using it without telling us. 

A visit to Russia would offer some insight.

On 6/7/2018 at 10:46 AM, rebo said:

You seemingly don't know the Chinese very well ...

I admittedly don't know Chinese very well, but I don't believe the story. It's easy to throw up a number that could be total nonsense. It could be a month, or a week - we can't believe everything we're told.  

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, wealthychef said:

My first thought when I saw this is either mental illness or a drug habit.  Seriously, cultural differences notwithstanding, I've never seen anyone live in filth like this except if they're crazy or high all the time.  

Well, get used to a shock then.................

Having seen a Chinese tourist here in Patong clip his toenails and feet dead skin on a table in Starbucks, with the clippings going all over the place and then seeing another one gob on the floor in Jungceylon, not to mention the one who had a crap outside of Starbucks, nothing surprises me with these disgusting people any more.

Even more so when an old girlfriend of mine in New Zealand had a large house with a downstairs flat to rent, and she rented it to a couple of Chinese students from good homes apparently. She never bothered them and when they moved out after a few months she decided to let herself in and clean the place up, but nothing could prepare her for what she saw......….

Mouldy food in cupboards on unwashed plates, dirty/disgusting floor and kitchen and the worst of all was the toilet which had faeces all around the toilet, on the floor, up the walls, on the door and on the wash basin, as well as a urine -soaked carpet which was still soaking wet.

Being a delicate soul, she couldn't get into the place to clean up, so I volunteered along with rubber gloves and a staunch constitution, and I have no idea how anyone could do such a thing.

Having read a few reports on here from people who have lived in China and seeing a post early on where it seems "the norm" to have a crap on the floor in the full year of the public, it would seem that this behaviour is very widespread – – just the sort of tourists we want here. Yeah right!

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Well, get used to a shock then.................

Having seen a Chinese tourist here in Patong clip his toenails and feet dead skin on a table in Starbucks, with the clippings going all over the place and then seeing another one gob on the floor in Jungceylon, not to mention the one who had a crap outside of Starbucks, nothing surprises me with these disgusting people any more.

Even more so when an old girlfriend of mine in New Zealand had a large house with a downstairs flat to rent, and she rented it to a couple of Chinese students from good homes apparently. She never bothered them and when they moved out after a few months she decided to let herself in and clean the place up, but nothing could prepare her for what she saw......….

Mouldy food in cupboards on unwashed plates, dirty/disgusting floor and kitchen and the worst of all was the toilet which had faeces all around the toilet, on the floor, up the walls, on the door and on the wash basin, as well as a urine -soaked carpet which was still soaking wet.

Being a delicate soul, she couldn't get into the place to clean up, so I volunteered along with rubber gloves and a staunch constitution, and I have no idea how anyone could do such a thing.

Having read a few reports on here from people who have lived in China and seeing a post early on where it seems "the norm" to have a crap on the floor in the full year of the public, it would seem that this behaviour is very widespread – – just the sort of tourists we want here. Yeah right!

Not doubting your anecdotes or experiences.  I didn't like Chinese culture or the country much, but I didn't see any of this in Beijing when I went to visit.  I lived in a condo here in Bangkok that was mostly Chinese residents and none of them shat in the halls or did disgusting things in my view.  So I still suspect that these kinds of Chinese people are not the norm.  I guess I've lived a lucky life.  

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, DavCurtis said:

There must be a good reason for such a behavior.

Ignorance, lack of hygiene and standards...…………...and stupidity mostly.

And we get them by the droves here in Patong. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 10:53 AM, Briggsy said:

Chinese hotels (in China) have a standard way of dealing with this.

A hefty deposit is requested  demanded up front along with the room payment. The deposit is only returned once any charges for damage (particularly cigarette burns), mess, room service, mini bar, etc. have been taken.

No jai dee in China. The Thais will have to learn the hard way.

laws restrict the damage deposit to scary low levels..

9 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

THIS IS SO OLD NOW IT MAKES ME SICK YOU ARE STILL REPRODUCING SAME TOPIC... get a grip THAIVIA!!

The story is 2 months old.Thaivisa doesn`t "reproduce" it............Only people like you and me that replies to it keep it up on top ?.

Archived