Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

k2.jpg

Rescue workers Thursday attend the scene of accident outside Rayong city.

RAYONG — A 10-year-old girl died Thursday in Rayong province after an elderly drunk Briton allegedly struck her family’s car, driving it off the road and into a tree.

Two other people traveling with the girl were recovering from critical injuries sustained in the crash, which happened just after midnight on a road going into Rayong city. Alan Jamieson, 79, from Liverpool, England, was also injured and is undergoing hospital treatment while police wait to question him.

Source: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/06/07/old-brit-accused-of-driving-drunk-killing-rayong-girl/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-07

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was Thai killed Thai, then a solid Wai and some baht to compensate would be all...

This guy however, is gonna get a roasting, which if he was drunk then he fully deserves !!

No excuse for it but then no excuse for double standards either ?

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Driving drunk ( if that is the case) he deserves all he gets, stupid old bugger, at his age should know better.

CONDOLENCES to the poor girls family.

What's your excuse for young drunk drivers then, if old ones should know better?

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Driving drunk ( if that is the case) he deserves all he gets, stupid old bugger, at his age should know better.

CONDOLENCES to the poor girls family.

It seems to be quite normal for these guys to have the attitude it's only Thailand, everybody does it coupled with 'it won't happen to me.'

I know quite a few retirees who regularly drink 5 to 10 beers and drive home thinking that if they are stopped by police it will be 500 baht and carry on. It might be in some cases but when/if they kill someone for sure 500 baht won't work. It is entirely possible a bit of jail time and maybe a flight home is heading his way.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What's your excuse for young drunk drivers then, if old ones should know better?

Being old is an aggravating factor, young people are more likely to take risks because they less understanding of the consequences of their actions but as we grow older we gain a greater understanding and so should be behaving more responsibly.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What a pathetic comment, older people have been around longer, have seen more, so should know better.

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a pathetic comment, older people have been around longer, have seen more, so should know better.

Most of us know what you meant, the comment made about your post was completely uncalled for.

Driving drunk, with no license, so probably no insurance either then?

Thai, or Expat, that is wrong and deserves punishment.

Everyone needs to wake up and accept you just cant do this anymore.

It is not acceptable behaviour.

This town's full of these old expat's who were probably quite normal before they came to Thailand, suddenly something snaps, they start drinking around the clock, drink driving, whoring, driving a variety of vehicle, bikes, trikes, tuk tuks, quads, all without a helmet, or big pick up trucks. Just stay out of their way, many end up killing themselves in smashes which is sad, but not as tragic as when an innocent party gets in the way.

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

It seems to be quite normal for these guys to have the attitude it's only Thailand, everybody does it coupled with 'it won't happen to me.'

I know quite a few retirees who regularly drink 5 to 10 beers and drive home thinking that if they are stopped by police it will be 500 baht and carry on. It might be in some cases but when/if they kill someone for sure 500 baht won't work. It is entirely possible a bit of jail time and maybe a flight home is heading his way.

A bit of jail time.. I hope that he sees at least some jailtime. Use all the drugs you want alcohol and others (i dont care their body).. just don't operate a vehicle while under the influence. Those who drink and drive especially those who kill someone should really face jail-time.

Seems perfectly normal for some people to drink and drive here. 

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I doubt he will survive the amount of jail time he gets in order to catch that flight home. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

This town's full of these old expat's who were probably quite normal before they came to Thailand, suddenly something snaps, they start drinking around the clock, drink driving, whoring, driving a variety of vehicle, bikes, trikes, tuk tuks, quads, all without a helmet, or big pick up trucks. Just stay out of their way, many end up killing themselves in smashes which is sad, but not as tragic as when an innocent party gets in the way.

Thank you for the generalisation, however not ALL expats are the same.

I certainly drink round the clock, for one thing I couldn't afford to and another is that my 74 year old body couldn't take it.

Whoring, did that a few decades ago, boring now.

True I do drive a pickup though that is nearly 18 years old.

I do have a motorbike but I don't ride it much any more and I ALWAYS wear a helmet even if I am only going 500 metres down the road and back

Doesnt sound like he may have the necessary blood money which could be a few million baht.

Deserves jail time if guilty of the poor girls death and will get it.

The difference between his case and the Red Bull rich connected punk kid will be astonishing.

3 minutes ago, sabian said:

It would also depend on if the kid was secured in either a seat or seat belt, which is required by law too, but probably not.

Get hit by a drunk driver, expat, here and your transgressions won't come into it

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Thank you for the generalisation, however not ALL expats are the same.

I certainly drink round the clock, for one thing I couldn't afford to and another is that my 74 year old body couldn't take it.

Whoring, did that a few decades ago, boring now.

True I do drive a pickup though that is nearly 18 years old.

I do have a motorbike but I don't ride it much any more and I ALWAYS wear a helmet even if I am only going 500 metres down the road and back

"not ALL expats are the same." He didn't claim ALL expats act like this. He said that the town has many older expats who behave this way. If that's not how you act, it wasn't aimed at you.

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

don't drink and drive. simple as that. learnt that a long time ago, now the old fellas landed himself in a whole world of shit and a young girl has had her life wasted too early. RIP

That is the problem with people who drink and drive they usually don't kill themselves but others.... otherwise drink and drive all you want. People who do such things have absolutely no regards for the lives of others. Meanwhile puff a joint and go to jail. 

1 minute ago, Myran said:

"not ALL expats are the same." He didn't claim ALL expats act like this. He said that the town has many older expats who behave this way. If that's not how you act, it wasn't aimed at you.

But it is still a generalisation.

If I said that most Thai car drivers drink and drive, most Thai bikers don't wear helmets etc it would be a generalisation and not true. People would be having a go at me for Thai bashing and quite rightly so.

Some or many Thais do but many do not.

My neighbour doesn't wear a crash helmet nor does her daughter. The first thing my son does before he gets the scooter key is to put his helmet on as I taught him and when he gets in the car he puts his seat belt on.

Catch them young and train them well.

This was on the morning news on tv and suffice to say the drunk driver was very inebriated. And judging by the state of both cars was travelling pretty quick when he hit.

Such a tragic waste of life.

Although the news item after of the school van/lorry full of students which sped through a red light at a cross roads in Prachin and narrowly missed a lorry, could well have been an even bigger tragedy. 

He might not have been drunk. 

It just says he had alcohol in his reading. It doesn't say how much? 

And just because he had had a drink does not mean he caused the accident. 

The other driver may well have been overtaking on a corner and caused the accident himself. 

It needs much more investigating. 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

The other driver may well have been overtaking on a corner and caused the accident himself. 

Talk about being an apologist, he tested for high blood alcohol... that is over the limit.  Once you drink and drive your automatically guilty that is how the law usually works. Once you drink and drive you lose most of your rights. 

"He said he tested positive for high blood alcohol. He was also driving without a license and faces charges accordingly."

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

He might not have been drunk !! 

What !! he was driving under the influence of drink,. enough said.

He caused an innocent young girl to lose her life, has caused untld grief to her family, and you make apologies for him. Shocking truly shocking.

...wait...what?

He was actually tested for alcohol?

Didn't he cry enough and tell the coppers, he was in so much shock and distress, he had to go home first?

>sarcasm off< 

If he was drunk, he deserves, what ever will be thrown at him!

And contrary to every Thai, guilty of thee same crime, he will have a lot thrown at him! 

Archived