Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

1 hour ago, transam said:

Folk puff a joint and get nicked in the UK for drug driving....Grass stays in your system way longer than booze....Puffers don't know that and get banned from driving...

True, but they are not under the influence just because it can be detected  a long time after they smoked..... :stoner:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

True, but they are not under the influence just because it can be detected  a long time after they smoked..... :stoner:

If they fail the roadside test they are taken to the police station for a blood test...What the figures for losing your license are I don't know...

78, and not even close to enlightenment. I feel sorry for the dead girl, her family, and friends. If he's hammered, he shouldn't be allowed to just pay his way out. A speeding and drunk German guy some years ago killed a Thai with his Benz, paid 1 million to cops and family and all was forgotten. Money rules. RIP, little girl. 

Alas, there is a retired Englishman living just down the road to me and he does drink & drive. He also doesn't wear a helmet when he rides his m/bike to the local market. I did talk to him once but no more...it was a very short conversation too. I am TT so perhaps I am bias but anyone, no matter what nationality, who does D & D is a potential killer in charge of an already potential lethal weapon.

My condolences to the Thai family.

56 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

What are you prattling on about? Do you even know who or what my comment was referring to? I doubt it.I don't 'hope' anything for you. Now off you trot.

Have a look at post #12, you can't even remember who you replied to. You're still wet behind the ears, not in a position to tell anyone to trot off.

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

If it was Thai killed Thai, then a solid Wai and some baht to compensate would be all...

This guy however, is gonna get a roasting, which if he was drunk then he fully deserves !!

No excuse for it but then no excuse for double standards either ?

He's not old enough to know any better.

RIP for the young girl who died at his hands..

It's the hitting the tree part that kills. No ill pun intended. Ten years old, how terrible, I have a 12 year old. Still, accidents happen, though the fact was he was drink driving sparks fury in me. I once saw a child trapped under a truck before. God it was horrendous. Will never forget that day. Just awful, sometimes it's sunny and sometimes it rains. Tragic.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, firestar said:

Complete and utter nonsense... some Farangs like the drunk driver who killed two people in Koh Samui after day drinking cocktails at W hotel are out while many everyday Thais go to jail when drink driving caused a death, the Red Bull heir is still out but look at the lenghts he has to go to do so...

Reality is that MONEY determines your fate in those instances... if you are a rich farang you can get away too.

But it doesn't fit the "we farangs are always the victim" mentally of the average TVer

I must have missed all the news reports of Thais that get locked up for drink driving ! Maybe you can post a link to a couple ?

Like I said, if he was drunk then he deserves a jail term... 

If it was Thai killed Thai, then a solid Wai and some baht to compensate would be all...

This guy however, is gonna get a roasting, which if he was drunk then he fully deserves !!

i know no one know who was to blame for the accident but id take a bet the Thai driver caused it and they say the Brit was drunk he may of only been 1 or 2 points over the legal  limit which automatically means he was drunk but may not of been drunk. i know its no excuse i understand that. the Brit will be paying big time. very sad for the innocent young thai girl. RIP baby girl.

26 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Alas, there is a retired Englishman living just down the road to me and he does drink & drive. He also doesn't wear a helmet when he rides his m/bike to the local market. I did talk to him once but no more...it was a very short conversation too. I am TT so perhaps I am bias but anyone, no matter what nationality, who does D & D is a potential killer in charge of an already potential lethal weapon.

My condolences to the Thai family.

On motorbikes they are less dangerous (still dangerous) as with a car, usually those idiots that drink and drive on a motorbike kill themselves and not take out others. Those in a car usually kill others not themselves. 

I am not saying its good to drink and drive on a motorbike its not, but drunk car drivers are worse.

16 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i know no one know who was to blame for the accident but id take a bet the Thai driver caused it and they say the Brit was drunk he may of only been 1 or 2 points over the legal  limit which automatically means he was drunk but may not of been drunk. i know its no excuse i understand that. the Brit will be paying big time. very sad for the innocent young thai girl. RIP baby girl.

Take a bet? We're talking about a 78-year old and perhaps under the influence of alcohol driving. I take the bet. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a pathetic comment, older people have been around longer, have seen more, so should know better.

But yet liberals still find excuses for young people to ignore old people

May I get you out this dream. But Thai killed Thai also can result in jail time and financial problems after given a Wai..... I know cause it happens now to some family members of my wife....

A young life taken away too soon, just because he thought it was OK,

to drive drunk and without a license,and therefore no insurance,this

is going to cost him financially, and hopeful what he has done will

weigh heavy on his conscience for what life he has left. R.I.P young lady.

regards worgeordie

It's a fact of life out here that as an expat you are always considered to have money somewhere.

It doesn't matter how poor you are, or pretend to be, you are always seen as having money somewhere.

Throw that in with a lot of expats have money, even just a pension, uk, arriving every 4 weeks and always 'appear' to be sitting drinking every day the average working class Thai sees that as being 'must have money somewhere,' so if you step outside the lines and kill someone while drinking and driving you become a cash target.

Many of the older expats just can't see past the sunshine and the attentions of a female 35/40 years younger than them, until the truth hits home with a big hit. They get into a false sense of security based on 'everything can be bought, cheaply' including their misplaced concept of justice. All this knowledge they learn in the bars.

Drunk driving? 500 baht.

No licence? 200 baht. Until it all goes wrong.

2 hours ago, firestar said:

Complete and utter nonsense... some Farangs like the drunk driver who killed two people in Koh Samui after day drinking cocktails at W hotel are out while many everyday Thais go to jail when drink driving caused a death, the Red Bull heir is still out but look at the lenghts he has to go to do so...

Reality is that MONEY determines your fate in those instances... if you are a rich farang you can get away too.

But it doesn't fit the "we farangs are always the victim" mentally of the average TVer

Is that guy fom Samui definately got released.

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Thai officials now caught drink driving not only lose their job, but head to prison (not even killing anyone). The last few farang I have known who have drunk driven just paid a small fine. It is amazing how members on this forum think farang get such harsher treatments than what a Thai would get. Could be drink driving, neighbourhood issues or being served after a Thai at a 7/11, they will play the victim whatever the situation. Must be hard living here for them.  

More often than not, the family of the victim (if someone has died) are happy just to accept a payment and leave it at that. They do not seek justice like we do back home. It can be as something as simple as stealing a phone, if the person can pay compensation then that is the end of the matter. All parties are happy. 

Many families here wouldn't even understand how to seek what we consider justice. Many also would consider financial justice more useful to them than prison time. If the family is satisfied, and if the police are satisfied all parties are compensated/punished financially, then so be it. It is a different culture, some things we cannot change. 

the red bull fella obviously doesn't think like that

4 hours ago, robblok said:

A bit of jail time.. I hope that he sees at least some jailtime. Use all the drugs you want alcohol and others (i dont care their body).. just don't operate a vehicle while under the influence. Those who drink and drive especially those who kill someone should really face jail-time.

Seems perfectly normal for some people to drink and drive here. 

Exactly!  I book into a hotel every-time i go out and get plastered.  NO excuses but even the hotel, who now know me,  think it's amazing as they have never had that before. I'd rather pay the 1300 a night and be safe and sound. First thing before going out?  car keys in the hotel SAFE.

RiP what did she do to deserve this guys utter selfishness?  nothing.

2 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

What would this forums' response be if the headline wording was foreigner instead of Brit?

The same I imagine. The last big one (DUI) that made the news was an Aussie I believe.

13 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

uk licences run out at 70,  strange they know his name but nothing else obviously not carrying a passport. 

Its a very simple process to apply for renewal (UK Licence) which is readily awarded and only rejected based on very poor health.

Perhaps he never got round to renewing his UK licence (which would require a UK address).

Perhaps he never had a Thai Licence or never renewed it. 

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

Not advocating drunk driving, but

Bet the Thai guy was driving like a loony and caused the accident

But now his got someone to blame it all on now.

R.I.P little girl.

Sure sure.. you expect someone who is drunk and drives a car to drive good. Just because he is a foreigner and the Thai by virtue of being a Thai is driving crazy. (this without knowing the facts while the facts we do know a drunk foreigner are ignored)

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sure sure.. you expect someone who is drunk and drives a car to drive good. Just because he is a foreigner and the Thai by virtue of being a Thai is driving crazy. (this without knowing the facts while the facts we do know a drunk foreigner are ignored)

Bla bal, bla, 20 years driving and riding here.

I go with what i see every day and the behaviour i see every day on the roads.

Get real. they are the worst drivers in the world, its official.

so believe what you want. my money would be on the Thai caused it.

you would have to show me some real evidence to change my thoughts..

Just now, stanleycoin said:

Bla bal, bla, 20 years driving and riding here.

I go with what i see every day and the behaviour i see every day on the roads.

Get real. they are the worst drivers in the world, its official.

so believe what you want. my money would be on the Thai caused it.

you would have to show me some real evidence to me.

The evidence is there a drunk foreigner. But your of the opinion that a drunk foreigner drives better then a sober Thai. Your also forgetting about all the good Thai drivers. People who think like you (not saying you do the same) often drink and drive as they are of the opinion that even drunk they drive better as Thais. 

Just now, robblok said:

The evidence is there a drunk foreigner. But your of the opinion that a drunk foreigner drives better then a sober Thai. Your also forgetting about all the good Thai drivers. People who think like you (not saying you do the same) often drink and drive as they are of the opinion that even drunk they drive better as Thais. 

Good thai drivers , :cheesy:

ok mate. im off for a beer. to much BS for me.

Archived