Old Brit Accused Of Driving Drunk, Killing Rayong Girl

18 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:
19 hours ago, giddyup said:

What's your excuse for young drunk drivers then, if old ones should know better?

Being old is an aggravating factor, young people are more likely to take risks because they less understanding of the consequences of their actions but as we grow older we gain a greater understanding and so should be behaving more responsibly.

true but aging alcoholics cognitive function continues degenerate over time in addition to the normal being unreasonable that you see in alcoholics at any age.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, robblok said:

A bit of jail time.. I hope that he sees at least some jailtime. Use all the drugs you want alcohol and others (i dont care their body).. just don't operate a vehicle while under the influence. Those who drink and drive especially those who kill someone should really face jail-time.

Seems perfectly normal for some people to drink and drive here. 

They don't do it in UK because they WILL be caught but here if you don't have an accident you are home free . The difference is the police doing their job enforcing the law not hanging around just for pocket money. But a 79 yr old child is a bit totally bonkers

14 hours ago, Get Real said:

Maybe it was nice, that was not the point. It would be nice to jump down a cliff trying to save somebody falling too, but it´s not really smart.

There are many young folk driving who are not "really smart"...:stoner:

42 minutes ago, transam said:

There are many young folk driving who are not "really smart"...:stoner:

Yes, you are spot on. I have no problem with that. What I was basing my statement on was the body´s reaction time. That slows down sicnificantly from a 70-80 year old in comparision with a 25-40.

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yes, you are spot on. I have no problem with that. What I was basing my statement on was the body´s reaction time. That slows down sicnificantly from a 70-80 year old in comparision with a 25-40.

Indeed, my mum drove accordingly and didn't drink and drive, of course passing a medical too...:stoner:

19 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

This town's full of these old expat's who were probably quite normal before they came to Thailand, suddenly something snaps, they start drinking around the clock, drink driving, whoring, driving a variety of vehicle, bikes, trikes, tuk tuks, quads, all without a helmet, or big pick up trucks. Just stay out of their way, many end up killing themselves in smashes which is sad, but not as tragic as when an innocent party gets in the way.

...and their ex neighbours in the home country are happy that this blokes moved away.

Old Brit Confesses To Killing Rayong Girl – Fell Asleep

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

1528341835379-696x522.jpg

Rescue workers Thursday attend the scene of accident outside Rayong city.

RAYONG — An elderly Briton said Friday he fell asleep behind the wheel when he caused the death of a 10-year-old girl in a car crash.

Alan Jamieson; 79 of Liverpool, England; confessed to police that he hit the car carrying Pattharawadi Sooknet and her family on Thursday night in Rayong province. Jamieson was driving without a license and tested positive for intoxication.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/06/08/old-brit-confesses-to-killing-rayong-girl-fell-asleep/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-08

In planning for a few beers after a game of football last night I chose not take my bike and use a Taxi.... 

This very nearly cost me... The taxi driver attempted an impossibly stupid U-Turn and didn't see the Tuk Tuk fast approaching. I screamed 'STOP', the Taxi driver stopped as the Tuk Tuk skidded, swerved round us and nearly toppled over...  Speeding Tuk Tuk + moronic taxi driver....  I may well have been safer for the 5-10 minute journey home on my bike after 4 beers.

My point here is that while there is no evidence that the Thai driver made a mistake, was driving too fast or dangerously and that the Brit admitted to falling asleep at the wheel we have all seen on a daily basis the frequency of dangerous driving on Thailand roads. 

This comment in no way absolves the brit from driving drunk or driving without a licence - Instead it highlights the necessity of ensuring we are riding / driving legally at all times because the chance of being involved in an accident here in Thailand is far greater than we are familiar with in our home countries. 

" An elderly Briton said Friday he fell asleep behind the wheel when he caused the death of a 10-year-old girl in a car crash."

Seems that everyone who was bashing the Thai driving and saying the Thai driver was responsible should eat a lot of humble pie. You know who you are. 

Its clearly the Brit who was wrong drinking and driving and now he has confessed to it and falling asleep behind the wheel. 

Regardless of this plonkers Nationality, his age,lives have needlessly been ruined by yet another person getting behind the wheel of an automobile when drunk.  Throw the book at all of them, jail time mandatory, massive fines and never allowed to drive any type of vechicle again. This silly old Sod will spend his last days in a Thai jail and I hope he rots there.

3 minutes ago, Khuai Lek said:

These peoples thinks they are kings of the night, put them behind the bar for life time or hang them... 

But can't coz he is farang..

Even Thai's don't put behind bars for a life time do they...?

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Not advocating drunk driving, but

Bet the Thai guy was driving like a loony and caused the accident

But now his got someone to blame it all on now.

R.I.P little girl.

I think you lost your bet, the English driver admitted to being drunk AND falling asleep behind the wheel. How are you going to spin this one ?

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think you lost your bet, the English driver admitted to being drunk AND falling asleep behind the wheel. How are you going to spin this one ?

They also reported earlier he had no current Thai driving licence.

Drunk, fell asleep (really drunk), and no licence.

His age, nationality, former "good reputation" are not relevant. His crimes are.

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Not advocating drunk driving, but

Bet the Thai guy was driving like a loony and caused the accident

But now his got someone to blame it all on now.

R.I.P little girl.

Sorry mate but the English guy has admitted to drink driving, and falling asleep, so why try to blame the Thai driver?

Just now, Baerboxer said:

They also reported earlier he had no current Thai driving licence.

Drunk, fell asleep (really drunk), and no licence.

His age, nationality, former "good reputation" are not relevant. His crimes are.

No they are not important, i should have written foreigner as I have no problem with Brits. But people here seem to go mad when its about a Thai and then when the shoe is on the other foot the response is quite different.

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Even Thai's don't put behind bars for a life time do they...?

I have read of a few cases in the Thai media of people being sentenced to life but somehow through Royal Pardons or whatever they reappear.

Even in many western countries life no longer means life.

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

I have read of a few cases in the Thai media of people being sentenced to life but somehow through Royal Pardons or whatever they reappear.

Even in many western countries life no longer means life.

In my country life starts at 15 years...

My point was aimed at a poster stating a farang will get away with it when I know of a young Thai who did not know how to drive a Ferrari killed a cop and is out there living it up...

1 hour ago, robblok said:

" An elderly Briton said Friday he fell asleep behind the wheel when he caused the death of a 10-year-old girl in a car crash."

Seems that everyone who was bashing the Thai driving and saying the Thai driver was responsible should eat a lot of humble pie. You know who you are. 

Its clearly the Brit who was wrong drinking and driving and now he has confessed to it and falling asleep behind the wheel. 

disagree, the brit would have had at least a certain amount of training in which this knowledge would be diminished to some degree by drink and sleep.

in the case of the thai driver, no training other than stop and go, no safety aspects to be dimished.

I would take a sleeping drunk brit driver over a thai driver any day of the week, unless of course the thai has demonstrated iot could pass british driving test.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No they are not important, i should have written foreigner as I have no problem with Brits. But people here seem to go mad when its about a Thai and then when the shoe is on the other foot the response is quite different.

I think one problem is that some foreigners here see traffic laws not being enforced here, perhaps laws they disagreed with back home, and think they can break them as many locals do.

I really can't understand that mentality. But drink driving is still a big problem in many countries. 

But this man seems to have been very drunk too which makes it worse still.

Just now, manchega said:

disagree, the brit would have had at least a certain amount of training in which this knowledge would be diminished to some degree by drink and sleep.

in the case of the thai driver, no training other than stop and go, no safety aspects to be dimished.

I would take a sleeping drunk brit driver over a thai driver any day of the week, unless of course the thai has demonstrated iot could pass british driving test.

So pray tell, if someone has received some training, but is so drunk they actually fall asleep, how much use do you think that training will be, whilst they are in a drunken sleep?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

In my country life starts at 15 years...

My point was aimed at a poster stating a farang will get away with it when I know of a young Thai who did not know how to drive a Ferrari killed a cop and is out there living it up...

I got the gist of your post and the young person you refer to well, money and influence.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So pray tell, if someone has received some training, but is so drunk they actually fall asleep, how much use do you think that training will be, whilst they are in a drunken sleep?

I believe my point has been made old boy,

at least the drunk is asleep

4 minutes ago, manchega said:

I believe my point has been made old boy,

at least the drunk is asleep

Yes asleep while in a moving vehicle at speed. Your point is crazy. So you take an unresponsive driver at high speed asleep and drunk behind the wheel over the average Thai driver. hmmmm sounds... ILLOGICAL 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Obviously during his stay in Thailand, he's picked up a few of the locals traits. 

Archived