Have you paid your Building & Land Tax in Thailand?

Thailand charges Building and Land Tax on property that is not the primary residence of the owner.

(e.g a second home, a property that is rented out by the owner, or a property that is used by a foreigner but owned by a/his company).

In case the property is owned by a company, Building and Land tax must be paid, irrespective whether rent is paid to the company or income is received by the company.

Building and Land Tax shall be collected at the rate of 12.5% of the yearly rental according to the lease agreement or the annual value assessed by the Land Department, whichever is higher.

Remember you are not the owner if your property is in a company name. The company is the owner.

This tax should be paid before the end of February each year to the local Municipality and it is the responsibility of the owners to pay Building and Land Tax.

Please ask at your City Hall as you maybe surprised.

5 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

Owner occupied properties are exempt from Building and Land tax (for the first property).

Not true, we farm 26 rai and pay an annual land tax. This is our only property.

1 minute ago, grollies said:

Apologies. That came from City Hall in Pattaya. Maybe because the size of your land. Please update us on the % you are required to pay. Thanks

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This recent thread about this topic exists already

Thanks. I didn't check.

Now I am sure you are going to correct me but WE know someone who had to pay 7 years arrears, as it doesn't matter about the name of the company director.

Only the name of the company owning the property.

Which means even though the Company was only purchased with its assets (the house) 2 years previously. The company still owed the 7 years in previous taxes.

Worth knowing if you are buying any property in a company name.

1 minute ago, topt said:

Yes we'd noticed that with pretty much all of your threads so far ........:coffee1:

Sorry i didn't know I had to check all threads/discussions before I posted.

I was a Newbie only yesterday.

19 hours ago, sam neuts said:

Sorry i didn't know I had to check all threads/discussions before I posted.

I was a Newbie only yesterday.

Upper right hand corner of the page you'll notice a place to search forums.

Unfortunately newbies tend to think history began only after their arrival.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Upper right hand corner of the page you'll notice a place to search forums.

Unfortunately newbies tend to think history began only after their arrival.

I just typed 'land tax' into the search box and the only relevant thread that it found was this one!

On 6/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, sam neuts said:

Apologies. That came from City Hall in Pattaya. Maybe because the size of your land. Please update us on the % you are required to pay. Thanks

It's not a %age, B180 per annum.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:57 PM, grollies said:

I'm not sure it's the same type of tax. You probably pay an amount according to what you grow. I pay 50 for ten rai registered as a rice paddy

Just now, LukKrueng said:

I'm not sure it's the same type of tax. You probably pay an amount according to what you grow. I pay 50 for ten rai registered as a rice paddy

We only pay one tax. Not sure what other land taxes apply?

33 minutes ago, grollies said:

In that case would you care to elaborate?

As the OP stated, Par See Rong Ruan is a tax collected by the District Offices on most commercial buildings or most buildings used for a commercial use.

The tax rate is 12.5 per cent of annual income or 12.5 per cent of assessed value, whichever is higher. No tax is payable during vacant periods, but it is up to the owner to prove the vacant period was truly vacant.

The tax is not payable on bare land.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, sam neuts said:

we recently rented a building 10 yr lease and paid tax at the land office on registration. Is that the tax you are referring to?

Archived