Seasoning money + Credit Card

Hello.

Can one of the wise chaps on here kindly offer some advice? I'm from the UK, aged 50, and my one-year extension based on marriage expires mid-September. I will use the 400k seasoning method in my application. And I understand that that 400k needs to be in my bank two months.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the seasoning time required two months before the date that my extension expires or the date that I apply for the new extension, which (I understand) could be after mid-August?

2. My funds are in a Bangkok Bank account that I also use to guarantee my BB credit card. That guarantee is 100K. So does the seasoning take 100K into account? So do I need to show that 500K has been seasoned in my account for two months? Or would a seasoned 400K be sufficient?

Any thoughts or comments would be so helpful. Thank you!

C

1. On the date you apply for the extension. 

You can apply for the extension at any time during the last 30 days of your permit to stay.

2. Some banks deduct the 100k baht from the amount shown on the letter you will need.

Best to have 500k baht in the bank to avoid problems with immigration since the 400k must be available without delay.

Thanks ubonjoe. I'm not sure if I am going to have the 500k in time to be honest.

Two more questions, if I may...

1. If I go through the other route (40k month) what date do I need to show this consular letter confirming income (given my extension expires mid-September)?

2. And if I go through the 40k month route, does this need to show funds for every month or just an average? Only asking because I receive funds occasionally but taken together they are certainly worth more than 40k a month.

3. Lastly, these occasional funds from the UK are transferred to my Thai Bangkok Bank account. Does that matter when applying for the  consular letter confirming income?

Thanks again! Very much appreciated.

C

27 minutes ago, cms22 said:

1. If I go through the other route (40k month) what date do I need to show this consular letter confirming income (given my extension expires mid-September)?

2. And if I go through the 40k month route, does this need to show funds for every month or just an average? Only asking because I receive funds occasionally but taken together they are certainly worth more than 40k a month.

3. Lastly, these occasional funds from the UK are transferred to my Thai Bangkok Bank account. Does that matter when applying for the  consular letter confirming income?

1. You will need to show proof of 40k baht income on the date you apply for the extension. The income letter can be up to 6 months old on the date you apply.

2. The income letter can show a average income of 40k baht income. You can divide your gross annual income by 12 to get the monthly income shown on the letter.

3. You do not need to show your income is being transferred into a Thai bank account for the income letter. It can be shown going into a bank in the UK.

Info for the income letter from the UK embassy is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

For the income letter supplied by the british embassy, you will need some proof that money paid into a bank account was income (e.g. pension, salary, interest) such as an actual payslip or pension letter. They MAY accept cash deposits, but maybe not (i had this issue some years ago with proving income for the multi-entry non immigrant 'O' visa from Hull). Reason being to easy to withdraw money and pay back in again, thus generating higher monthly cash flow..

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

For the income letter supplied by the british embassy, you will need some proof that money paid into a bank account was income (e.g. pension, salary, interest) such as an actual payslip or pension letter. They MAY accept cash deposits, but maybe not (i had this issue some years ago with proving income for the multi-entry non immigrant 'O' visa from Hull). Reason being to easy to withdraw money and pay back in again, thus generating higher monthly cash flow..

I doubt that you needed an income letter from the British embassy for an application for a non-immigrant visa category O at the Thai consulate in Hull (UK)

I know you do not need an income letter at Hull (not that they do many visas anymore) The point i was making is that you cannot just declare an income to the British Embassy (or a consulate), you need some evidence to back it up.  Back in the days when i used Hull for non-immigrant 'O' visas they refused one once because they would not accept payments into my bank account other than pensions and salary.