Sex toys usage on the rise in Thailand

snoop1130

Sex toys usage on the rise in Thailand

voice.jpg

Voice TV reported an apparent rise in sex toy usage in Thailand.

They spoke to a woman - unnamed because sex toys are in fact illegal in Thailand - who runs a website that is doing a roaring trade in dildos, plastic vaginas, penis rings, sex dolls and other aids.

In the video - that we are unable to show here as it goes against Google's guidelines on adult content - the woman spoke of sex aids being today's sought after product especially for men away from their wives who didn't want to be unfaithful with a living doll. 

"They are selling like hot cakes," said the woman. "Men, women....people of all genders can't get enough.

"And these are ordinary people in their right mind - not sex fiends".

She said that such purchases were considered normal abroad - there are shops selling sex toys in many high streets. There is little or no stigma.

Items range from as little as a few hundred baht to thousands. 

Voice said that the website had 63,000 Thai followers indicating that sex toy usage was surely going up. 

"Many of our customers are concerned about sexual health," the website owner added. "People are worried that if they are unable to satisfy their partners they might dump them".

Voice even used the Thai word for climax and the English word "orgasm" in their story indicating that discussion of the subject was no longer taboo according to Thai social mores.

While accepting that many Thais have been familiar with sex toys for some time, usage is on the rise despite the toys being illegal, they added. 

They noted that they were certainly safer than cigarettes and many were sold openly in markets in Thailand. 

Source: https://voicetv.co.th/read/Hyk2IBHl7

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-7

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With such a wide variety of suitable vegetables available in local markets (err- a mate told me) I am surprised at this.

I hate to think what people have been doing if they are 'safer than cigarettes'!

1 minute ago, tracker1 said:

Sales may be on the increase but how does one know usage is on the increase ?

Well if you dont have them it is kinda hard to use them,so what do you think?

4 minutes ago, Nowisee said:

Illegal?  what a dysfunctional place.

Not to worry.  A walk down any street in Chinatown or Lower Sukhumvit will show you how serious they are at enforcing that one.

I always wondered what parents tell their kids when they're staring at a 14" plastic schlong, right about kiddie eye level.  One of my buddies with kids told me...   I still think lying to your kids is wrong.  Squeaky dog toys look completely different.

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not to worry.  A walk down any street in Chinatown or Lower Sukhumvit will show you how serious they are at enforcing that one.

I always wondered what parents tell their kids when they're staring at a 14" plastic schlong, right about kiddie eye level.  One of my buddies with kids told me...   I still think lying to your kids is wrong.  Squeaky dog toys look completely different.

The police are part owners of the businesses that sell the stuff. And the money goes up up the distribution list to the top of the police hierarchy. Whose kidding who?

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

One of our friends is an estate agent. Was asked to sell a home belonging to a man/ladyboy couple and was given the keys to show the property.

Within a minute of the tour, they discovered a giant dildo and assorted paraphenalia casually laying about on the dining table. 

Needless to say, the sale didn't go thru. 

But I don't blame the dildo for laying about and taking a rest. Likely had a rough workout nights previous. 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

In the video - that we are unable to show here as it goes against Google's guidelines on adult content

What has Google's guidelines on adult content got to do with anything ? Google doesn't censor the Thai media or Thaivisa.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

With such a wide variety of suitable vegetables available in local markets (err- a mate told me) I am surprised at this.

I hate to think what people have been doing if they are 'safer than cigarettes'!

Vegetables don't vibrate and that's the best part.

The irony being that sex toys are in fact totally unsexy.  I'd make an exception for those $15000 love dolls that look and feel like an 18 year old Victoria's Secret model, and do absolutely anything uncomplainingly. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy50 said:

The irony being that sex toys are in fact totally unsexy.  I'd make an exception for those $15000 love dolls that look and feel like an 18 year old Victoria's Secret model, and do absolutely anything uncomplainingly. 

Have a mate in the UK that just bought one. 2000£. Not my cup of tea. But he said, "It don't do the dishes. But it don't also complain." 

To which I replied, "Yet!"

dildos, plastic vaginas, penis rings, sex dolls and other aids. 

Welcome Thailand to the 21st century? Where have you been? Aeeh, too busy with the military.Got you.

Sounds like a real horror story, pretty similar to East Germans when the wall fell. 

They didn't drink their most favorite alcohol or ate the most delicious foods they were dreaming of. Nope. 

Hundreds of them were waiting- in line- to get into a sex shop in Berlin. 

Such thingies are illegal but raping anything seems to be the norm here. ?

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

They don't need to be pretty where they're going, mate. 

Archived