This thai girl

The overriding assumption on this forum seems to be that all Thais are poor and all sex should be paid for directly or indirectly. That’s not the Thailand (or world) I live in. Having said that, in this case I believe the OP is naive and immature. Pattaya and all the rest of his story......enough said.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met my future wife and her sister at a stall in a small town cloth market.  I was shopping for a handmade pakama.  Bought that and later hired her to do my laundry.  I stopped laundry payments after we got married after about 1.5 years.  After 40 years of marriage, I figure I owe her about 15 million Baht.  Deferred payment plan.

1 hour ago, bermannor said:
14 hours ago, atyclb said:

you struck a chord in my heart . lol.     now that you mention it those ones are not half bad.

Hey wannabe toy boy, you will be also coming into an age where you have to be a sugardaddy or will be a lonesome cowboy ?!

projection.

as long as i got my guitar, will never be lonesome

"It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey."

Possibly the most arrogant  and ignorant post I ever seen on this forum. A drunkard who  has money and thinks he  important, but shows how ugly he is inside. Pattaya isn't my scene but he is stretching its reputation even lower. He has no human decency

2 minutes ago, Aupee said:

Possibly the most arrogant  and ignorant post I ever seen on this forum. A drunkard who  has money and thinks he  important, but shows how ugly he is inside. Pattaya isn't my scene but he is stretching its reputation even lower. He has no human decency

Well stated. A user and abuser. Definitely a millennial. He redefines the "me" generation. Hope he dumps this young lady (or better yet, she dumps him) so that she can hopefully improve her lot.

14 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The overriding assumption on this forum seems to be that all Thais are poor and all sex should be paid for directly or indirectly. That’s not the Thailand (or world) I live in. Having said that, in this case I believe the OP is naive and immature. Pattaya and all the rest of his story......enough said.

Immature to try and link payment and sex in a relationship in Thailand, I would expect that sort of view from readers of The Sun and Daily Star.

29 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

there's the thailand where you provide a salary aka hire a girlfriend and the thailand where the gf is interested in you for reasons other than money.

some expats resent anyone espousing the "other than money" style and even allege it is not true or cant be true and any farang claiming to have that kind of relationship is lying and or cheap or low

14 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, op just grow up.

Mid 20's, part of the me me and me generation.

Have you ever thought about balance, she's entitled to be respected and to some extent supported.

As an earlier poster said, the local culture, typical Thai family relationships and responsibilities dictate strongly that she must provide financial support to her family. You can't and shouldn't try to push that aside, totally not appropriate to do that.

You drink bottles of vodka and get shit faced at clubs, in this scenario do you expect her to just tag along and say 'yes sir' in the right moments and look happy? And you say you like her. Is there any enjoyment for her in this situation?

Rightly or wrongly, and she will very probably never say anything, she's probably thinking about the cost of bottles of vodka, and also thinking about money being wasted.

Are you just wasting her time? I hope not. Would you like someone to lead you along, play games with you? 

If you want a good balanced happy and productive relationship with anybody you need to grow up. 

that is absolutely what she would be thinking. I bet if he ask her, she can tell him the total he spent on vodka down to last 100baht accuracy.

yes what a absolute tพat this guy is.

man up man, throw her 5k and tell her to take to salon and massage.

of course she pobably give half to family but up to her.

1 minute ago, lionsincity said:

OP the demographics of this site are for the most part sad old losers that have no alternative than to pay for it. A lot of them have been taking to cleaners already because of their weakness.

a preposterous baseless allegation

4 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

OP the demographics of this site are for the most part sad old losers that have no alternative than to pay for it. A lot of them have been taking to cleaners already because of their weakness.

In your mind it is so, only in your mind.

11 hours ago, greytonlarken said:

But she's not getting one, and she knows this. Yet she insists to see me and stay with me.

and she does say this to save face. (another Thai thing)

but for sure, one day she will have an excuse..got to go home Isaan to look after xxxxx is sick.

and then she will be gone. see you later cheap charle

what you should know..girl with this limited education at best can earn 300baht or so a day.

while with you she earn zero.

that is why some farang here give em play money.

who would send them out to work 14hour day for 300baht a day minus xx for travel and food?

i drink more than 300 a day and so does Op by the sound of it.

38 minutes ago, atyclb said:

there's the thailand where you provide a salary aka hire a girlfriend and the thailand where the gf is interested in you for reasons other than money.

some expats resent anyone espousing the "other than money" style and even allege it is not true or cant be true and any farang claiming to have that kind of relationship is lying and or cheap or low

The wise man will accept most successful relationships in Thailand are formed by seeking the perfect combination of the two ?

18 minutes ago, 473geo said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

The wise man will accept most successful relationships in Thailand are formed by seeking the perfect combination of the two ?

i found the looking for money routine too annoying

1 hour ago, neeray said:
1 hour ago, Aupee said:

Well stated. A user and abuser. Definitely a millennial. He redefines the "me" generation. Hope he dumps this young lady (or better yet, she dumps him) so that she can hopefully improve her lot.

ouch, getting dumped by a pattaya tinder girl,  that hurts

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

is there anyone here that feels their time is also important thus not in favor of providing a salary for a gal to be the girlfriend.

bar girls have approached me offering to be my live in gf for a price . lol.  i tell them a nice condo is not free and id consider letting them share expenses. their faces, the look of horror.  whats wrong with this farang? 

I have always thought I had something other than money to offer a woman; something to make them want to be with me. I can't imagine the lack of self respect it must take to think the only reason a woman would be with you is if you pay her. 

I believe using bar girls as potential girlfriends is naive at best. They have already expressed their lack of self respect by making their virtue negotiable. True, many, if not most, bar girls are from poor families and have few choices for a good life. Selling their marvelous product seems to be an easy way to achieve some semblance of success. They may even hit the farang jackpot; the continuous ATM.

I suggest looking elsewhere; for middle-class, upper middle-class, or even hi-so women. Of course, to capture one of these, you should be something better than the typical sexpat; bar-hopping and girl-swapping your way through life. Women from more well-off families have more to offer. They likely have educations, contacts and capabilities other than lying on their backs. I have always set my sights on good-looking, intelligent and capable women; I think I deserve that. Those types of women also may offer the added nicety that you are not be expected to support their families. 

I am sure there will be those who scoff at the idea of getting a higher class of gf; I can only wince at their total lack of self-esteem. Are they really such losers that they can only get a communal receptacle to stay with them for money?

I have always thought I had something other than money to offer a woman; something to make them want to be with me. I can't imagine the lack of self respect it must take to think the only reason a woman would be with you is if you pay her. 

I believe using bar girls as potential girlfriends is naive at best. They have already expressed their lack of self respect by making their virtue negotiable. True, many, if not most, bar girls are from poor families and have few choices for a good life. Selling their marvelous product seems to be an easy way to achieve some semblance of success. They may even hit the farang jackpot; the continuous ATM.

I suggest looking elsewhere; for middle-class, upper middle-class, or even hi-so women. Of course, to capture one of these, you should be something better than the typical sexpat; bar-hopping and girl-swapping your way through life. Women from more well-off families have more to offer. They likely have educations, contacts and capabilities other than lying on their backs. I have always set my sights on good-looking, intelligent and capable women; I think I deserve that. Those types of women also may offer the added nicety that you are not be expected to support their families. 

I am sure there will be those who scoff at the idea of getting a higher class of gf; I can only wince at their total lack of self-esteem. Are they really such losers that they can only get a communal receptacle to stay with them for money?

So you’re poor and have a hot, rich wife?

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I have always set my sights on good-looking, intelligent and capable women

Most of the PA's I knew in this category couldn't get past shagging the married boss!! Had occasional flings on the side to try and maintain a semblance of normality.

14 minutes ago, 473geo said:
20 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i found the looking for money routine too annoying

I can understand that, if one does not possess a generous nature, must be like having teeth pulled.......

generosity and being compelled to be the personal financier of a gal in order for her to spend time with you are not one in the same

i treat my non money grubbing friends well and they treat me well.  i would think it is because we all have self respect.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So you’re poor and have a hot, rich wife?

At one time, yes. She was a Vietnamese economist educated at the Sorbonne. Her father was a provincial tax collector under the French government. She worked at the American embassy in Saigon and was my boss' counterpart. We went to the States before Saigon fell. She bought our first cars and made the down payment on our house out of her own investment portfolio. She became CFO of a plastics company and even though I was a software engineer, she made more money than I.

18 minutes ago, smotherb said:
8 hours ago, atyclb said:

is there anyone here that feels their time is also important thus not in favor of providing a salary for a gal to be the girlfriend.

bar girls have approached me offering to be my live in gf for a price . lol.  i tell them a nice condo is not free and id consider letting them share expenses. their faces, the look of horror.  whats wrong with this farang? 

blasphemous words on this forum. you shall be strung, quartered and burned on the cross(not particularly in that order)

"communal receptacle to stay with them for money" .    lmao

At one time, yes. She was a Vietnamese economist educated at the Sorbonne. Her father was a provincial tax collector under the French government. She worked at the American embassy in Saigon and was my boss' counterpart. We went to the States before Saigon fell. She bought our first cars and made the down payment on our house out of her own investment portfolio. She became CFO of a plastics company and even though I was a software engineer, she made more money than I.

Yeah, me too.

6 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Most of the PA's I knew in this category couldn't get past shagging the married boss!! Had occasional flings on the side to try and maintain a semblance of normality.

That quote was mine, not mogandave's. Sorry to hear of your experiences. There are real women out there and they are not all bad. It is unfortunate that so many never find one.

6 minutes ago, smotherb said:

That quote was mine, not mogandave's. Sorry to hear of your experiences. There are real women out there and they are not all bad. It is unfortunate that so many never find one.

No need to be sorry just an observation for those thinking of following your advice on selecting a career girl in Thailand

I do think you make a valid point for the younger generation of suitors if they can get past the youthful lust for continued and varied sexual encounters

However successful your relationship with your lady economist from Vietnam, I doubt it is quite so titillating for the older generation with enough cash to do what the hell they like!

Archived