Students Not Eating Breakfast

Over the past week or two I've had my students asking their peers questions using the 7 Ws, and they'll often choose to ask "When do you eat breakfast?" for their "When" question.  I'd say about 1/3 of the students asked reply that they don't eat breakfast (And answering that they don't eat breakfast, is more difficult than the "x O'Clock" that most students answer when asked the same/similar questions).

Although a lot of students also eat their breakfast at the school canteen.  I know as whenever I teach a class first period I'll often have a group of students who are late because they were eating breakfast after assembly (And so if assembly runs late, they are late).

Oh, ahh. A boy fainted during the morning ceremony in direct sun. Go figure! He hadn't eaten breakfast either...

In Vietnam, a young kid hadn't gotten any and I noticed her staring at a raw carrot (I was munching as part of a diet). Yes, she wanted it. She was HUNGRY. That kinda shocked me... As this was an expensive language school.

Archived