Air quality Hua Hin

joe china

Been searching around for a Web resource that shows the Air Quality in Hua Hin but cant find anything.

I know that the air quality is always very good when I am there.

Does anyone know of any source to get the real time air quality of Hua Hin?

Thanks

Joe

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

I my 5 years in Hua Hin I remember only one short period with noticeable air quality issues, somebody had a big fire going south of town for a couple of days.  I generally find the air quality quite good.

I found this air quality site, but no readings for anywhere near Hua Hin, which is surprising because we have a government weather station here.

http://aqicn.org/map/thailand/#@g/12.2986/100.6787/6z

The air quality in Hua Hin can be poor at times. This was certainly the case this year/season. Low visibility. Could often not see Chaam buildings from hua hin beach. This is my experience, as someone who is an outdoors person and moved from Chiang Mai to escape the "smoky season" there. I've lived 18 months in Hua Hin. I am now back in Chiang Mai, which i find to have better air quality and visibility than Hua Hin (outside smoky season).

I was in HH about 3 weeks ago and to my surprice there was alot of bad smoke smell. I stayed in a hotel about 2km out the city, direction Cha-am, but around the swimming pool and in the hallways, because they Always opened the windows, it Always smelled bad.

23 hours ago, 3stan said:

The air quality in Hua Hin can be poor at times. This was certainly the case this year/season. Low visibility. Could often not see Chaam buildings from hua hin beach. This is my experience, as someone who is an outdoors person and moved from Chiang Mai to escape the "smoky season" there. I've lived 18 months in Hua Hin. I am now back in Chiang Mai, which i find to have better air quality and visibility than Hua Hin (outside smoky season).

What you saw in HH was humidity haze -- not air pollution. 

On 6/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, 3stan said:

There's one in every crowd..............Hua Hin vs Chiang Mai  in air quality??     Everywhere in country has their bad days, HH has much less of them than CM has.  I'll stick with the Southern Coastal areas any day.

Someone posted this on here a while back Pretty interesting stuff:
https://www.airvisual.com/earth
This is really cool. I downloaded the app and then bought the device.

There is a community feature that means people will be able to see the Aqi once I have set it up.

Thanks for the link. Appreciate that a lot.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Chiang Mai air quality sucks for 2 months a year, next year I am escaping to HH from the middle of Feb to the middle of March.

I really don't know why I have put up with it for almost 15 years?

Wife's family are all in Surat Thani so there is no real need to be in CM. other than the great friends I have and the medical facilities

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, ThaiPauly said:

Chiang Mai air quality sucks for 2 months a year, next year I am escaping to HH from the middle of Feb to the middle of March.

I really don't know why I have put up with it for almost 15 years?

Wife's family are all in Surat Thani so there is no real need to be in CM. other than the great friends I have and the medical facilities

We go to Hua Hin in the rainy season. Nothing to do with air pollution though.

Just less rain and something to do during August and September. It's cleaner.

Jerry

Archived