Traffic points system will come in next year - red light infractions deemed only medium serious

rooster59

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Category two is medium that includes going through red lights 

Given the BiB on duty are most likely asleep at the lights control console, they might be in deep s_it if it was deemed serious and they continued to ignore the countless offences. 

5 hours ago, Dave67 said:

Really this is so stupid it's beyond funny, Drunk and dangerous driving 4 times year before and then you get a clean licence back the next year, so if the 4th offence is in month 11, 1 month without a licence

Pathetic

Read up on the “ law” it’s not a calendar year, don’t matter if it’s the 364th day you ban is three months and you don’t get points deducted till the anniversary of the first offense..

1 hour ago, newnative said:

What's the point of having a point system if you never ticket anybody?

It's even more pointless,  if they have no licence to put the points on.

Its all part of the circus.

getting a bit  tied of the monkey show now days.   :stoner:

And the preceding education will be? commencing?

NAH, while the "idea" has some merit I think the reality may not be so great.

Just another (look at what we are doing) short term, talk fest again? 

An "Ebola cure" comes to mind. :whistling:

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

They have to be joking right? For starters, the points per offence are nowhere near enough, especially for red light jumping and going the wrong way down a highway. There is no enforcement, so people will be able to continue to drive like reckless idiots, and I suspect very few if any, will ever rack up enough points to actually get banned.

I didn't notice the punishment for no license, which covers a few million and for driving whilst disqualified.

I agree with you this is totally not good enough, but I expect nothing less from a out of touch police force in a badly run country .

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

They have to be joking right? For starters, the points per offence are nowhere near enough, especially for red light jumping and going the wrong way down a highway. There is no enforcement, so people will be able to continue to drive like reckless idiots, and I suspect very few if any, will ever rack up enough points to actually get banned.

I didn't notice the punishment for no license, which covers a few million and for driving whilst disqualified.

With other words nothing but extended Tea-Money rules...:coffee1:

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So let me get that straight: I can drive around stone drunk four times a year and the only consequence - little more than an inconvenience, really - is going to be that my license is suspended for a mere three months. During that period I will of course simply continue driving without license, and just as stone drunk as previously, without accruing more points as I've already maxed them out anyway.

Yup, that ingenious system is without doubt going to have a great impact on improving road safety.

I'd go as far as to say that this system actually encourages rather the discourages drink-driving.

I hope that the anti-alcohol bandwagon gets involved in this one as the current suggestion is pathetic.

6 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Implementation is fine for this system as a starting point , 

no doubt it will get refined in time, 

policing this system to make any impact , 

is what we all know is needed.

No it won't get refined in time.  It will get ignored, forgotten and misused.

Do the police get points too? Such as when you see senior rank officers riding bikes they only where their official cap and not a helmet. Are police vehicles subject to being fined when they cross solid lines and drive like the general population, i.e. terrible? Are the police motorcycles who are on patrol subject to fines when they go against traffic say in a one way soi?

2 hours ago, peperobi said:

Driving without number plate or fake plate or overpainting plate? Number plates are the official document and when someone changes it or do not use it shut to get a big punishment and several points.

IMG_4344.JPG

all well and good  but the "standard"  issue  things are CRAP, the paint almost washes off them over a few  years, better would be plastic with letters that wont fade away

I think this is going to cause more harm then good and leave to more Deaths.When it comes to wareing crash helmets for example I think Thais will see it as they don't have to pay anymore so no problem.They will have to get caught 12 times in a year before anything happens then they maybe get a 3 month ban which they should be able to ignore with not to much problem.

Please tell me I have got it wrong and its points and a fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The measures were announced by Pol Maj Gen Ekkarak Limsangkat who chairs a committee looking into changes in the traffic laws.

I have a feeling that these penalties were agreed upon only because his subordinates couldn't/ wouldn't be able to keep their jobs if they were more stringent, like not turning up to work drunk etc.

Sorry if that has been posted before, no time to do 4 pages I'm a busy man today ?

Archived