Looking For Natural Health Products....

robenroute

Good morning,

I've been looking for shops/businesses/stores that supply natural health products for quite a while now, but, unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any supplier of the likes. I've tried the Bangkok Yellow Pages (with the help of a Thai person, of course), asking people, walking around, looking in magazines/brochures for advertisements, etc.; so far, zippa-dee-dooda.

What I'm looking for are products like Celtic Sea Salt, dried organic raw seaweed (not the Lotus-grade roasted stuff).

I'm also looking for food-grade H2O2 (Hydrogen-Peroxide). The hydrogen-peroxide available in drugstores is not suitable for human consumption (contains lots of poisonous substances to stabilize the stuff). This food-grade hydrogen-peroxide is (in the West, that is) used mainly for cleaning food containers, cleaning meat, fish, veggies, etc.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Rob

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I live in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area), so a supplier/shop here in Bangkok would be great, but I don't mind having to travel to other places (in Thailand) to get some health products. Thanks, again.

Robinroute Hi,

for the hydrogen you need to go to a pharmacy supply shop. They may not have it in so you will need to order it.

I get my herbs/food supliments from Australia through the internet this is probably where you will need to go. Its cheaper for me to buy that way even with mail costs, the other thing is that I feel fairly confident that I'm getting the real thing. Customs pick up the packages sometimes but even then its still cheaper than buying here.

Regards Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. You mentioned a pharmacy supply shop. Do you happen to know such a shop here in Bangkok? Where would I be able to find a store like that. I've been to a few pharmacies already, but all they can tell me is "No have." "Is it possible to order, perhaps, from your supplier?" "No have, sorry." --I guess you know what I mean.... Even my Thai girlfriend asked them, and all she got as a reply was, "mai meeeee."

Another question: seeing you have experience with ordering your stuff in Australia, could you give me some website addresses of Internet shops that ship to Bangkok? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Robinroute,

This is not a normal pharmacy that I'm talking about. Its a place where doctors and hospitals go to by instruments etc. I don't live in Bangkok but I did visit such a place some years ago but I can't remember exactly where it was. got an idea that it was near the victory monument and was near the entrance to Khao San Rd. but on the main drag. there is a fairly large book shop and it is on the other side of the road from that. ###### i'm confused so you wi8ll probably be too.. These shops sell test tube as well as other pharmacutical gadjets. The web site I go to is www.goldenglow.com.au.Don't know if you will find what you want there but look it up and they also may be able to help you with advice.

I'm using a chinese herbal doctor name of jarus Tangaramvong. Spot on with his diagnosis but his herbs are fairly expensive. Phone number is 02 4393454 or4383574. you have to ring him to make an appointment works from 3pm until 7pm. Hope this is some help to you

Regards Joe

They may not have it in so you will need to order it.

I get my herbs/food supliments from Australia through the internet this is probably where you will need to go. Its cheaper for me to buy that way even with mail costs, the other thing is that I feel fairly confident that I'm getting the real thing. Customs pick up the packages sometimes but even then its still cheaper than buying here.

What does Customs do with packages of herbs or vitamins - confiscate them or hit you with customs duty?

The big shop that stawberry is talking about, is Suk-sa-phan and it is on Ratchadamnoen near the Democracy Monument. They sell stuuf for students so not sure if the quality is good enough for what you want.

There is a health food shop in Soi Suan Phluu off Sathorn......on the right side as you go along. they do good massages at the back.