Frenchman reports sale of Nazi inspired goods to Pattaya Tourist Police

rooster59

Frenchman reports sale of Nazi inspired goods to Pattaya Tourist Police

561000005984103.JPEG

Image: Manager

A French tourist has raised concerns about the sale of Nazi paraphernalia in Pattaya.

Alexandre Jandaeng, 34, spoke of his shock at seeing the goods, which included pictures of Adolf Hitler, swastika emblazoned scarves and coins, on sale at a market in the popular resort town.

Mr Jandaeng reported the sale of the goods to Pattaya Tourist Police, telling them that if such things were on sale in his native France, the person selling them could face up to 10 years in jail.

A video posted by Manager showed Mr Jandaeng at the police station showing pictures of the goods to an officer.

In the video, the Frenchman explained how he did not like to see such things and that Nazi related goods should not be allowed to be sold in Thailand or anywhere else.

“For me, it is very very important the police stop this”, Mr Jandaeng said in the video.

“It is important to remember history, he said.

“Many people died for that and for me it is impossible to see this and is very shocking.

“I don’t like,” he added.

Mr Jandaeng praised the tourist police officer for listening to his complaint but admitted that he does not know if any action will be taken against the vendor who was selling the Nazi goods.

This isn’t the first time Nazi imagery or so called “Hitler-chic” has been seen in Thailand.

As well as being found on sale in some of Thailand’s most popular night markets, Nazi imagery has even been featured some of the countries leading educational institutions and in government videos.

In 2011 a Catholic school in Thailand was forced to apologise after it made students wear Nazi uniform for a sports day parade. Some students also had swastikas painted on their faces.

In 2013, Bangkok’s Chulalongkorn University was forced to issue an apology after students created a large mural which depicted Adolf Hitler alongside comic book heroes such as Batman, the Incredible Hulk and Superman.

Alongside the mural read the word “congratulation”.

Students who created the mural were said to be unaware of the significance of including an image of Adolf Hitler.

In 2014, Israel’s ambassador to Thailand, Simon Roded lodged an official complaint after a film commissioned by the Thai government contained an image of a Thai child painting an image of Adolf Hitler while his classmates applauded.

The film, which was shown in cinemas nationwide, was to meant to promote  the 12 core values that students in Thailand must learn.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-10

561000005984101.JPEG

561000005984104.JPEG

561000005984105.JPEG

561000005984102.JPEG

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Mr Jandaeng reported the sale of the goods to Pattaya Tourist Police, telling them that if such things were on sale in his native France, the person selling them could face up to 10 years in jail.

Although this isnt in France .

He seems to think that everyone should adhere to his way of thinking and anyone who thinks differently should be banned .

Maybe Hitlers time in France did have some effect on French people after all

6 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

1) They don't understand.

2) Even if they did understand, they wouldn't give a Scheiße.

Sadly, I have to agree with this.

The only Thai I ever met with knowledge of the Second World War, was nearly thirty years ago when a woman from Chiang Rai was telling me that her parents remembered the Japanese marched passed their village, presumably on their way towards Burma.

24 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Students who created the mural were said to be unaware of the significance of including an image of Adolf Hitler.

Which shows quite clearly the Thai world history lessons are totally lacking. They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by. Many here are unaware that world war 2 even happened.

31 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

and for me it is impossible to see this and is very shocking

Seems this guy has never ever been in Indonesia. They sell this stuff on each corner. Lot's of Adolf fans there, and, for sure, they have not the foggiest idea what it was/is all about. Sad.?

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although this isnt in France .

He seems to think that everyone should adhere to his way of thinking and anyone who thinks differently should be banned .

Maybe Hitlers time in France did have some effect on French people after all

So let me understand here, you don't see anything wrong with glorifying Hitler and his murderous rejim? and what happened is happened and let bygone be bygone as if it was nothing and not a genocide on a humongous proportions... you're indeed showing unbelievable ignorance here..

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Real freedom of speech means the freedom to sell and wear stuff that may offend people.

May offend people??? really? is that what you get form millions of people perished and civilizations of europe nearly wiped out? offended people?...

12 minutes ago, missoura said:

For an upcoming project, I needed some old Thai wood and bought a few posts only to find this graffiti on one.  I hadn't planned on sanding these posts, but now it looks like I have to.

Nazi sign.JPG

Those aren't swastikas. 

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

May offend people??? really? is that what you get form millions of people perished and civilizations of europe nearly wiped out? offended people?...

Hey, you won't see me buying or wearing that crap.  Or a Stalin T-shirt, or a pair of Idi Amin shorts, or a Pol Pot ballcap or...or...

But unless they're calling people to violence, their free speech rights trump my sensitivity.  And yours.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Hey, you won't see me buying or wearing that crap.  Or a Stalin T-shirt, or a pair of Idi Amin shorts, or a Pol Pot ballcap or...or...

But unless they're calling people to violence, their free speech rights trump my sensitivity.  And yours.

Hey big hero, let's see them sell stuff with the prophet Muhammad pictures on it huh, or sell stuff mocking Islam or muslims and than we can see how far 'free speech' will work for them... unbelievable that free speech right give anyone to forget or distorted history, or worse, pretend that nothing has happened, and no matter in which country they are....

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Hey big hero, let's see them sell stuff with the prophet Muhammad pictures on it huh, or sell stuff mocking Islam or muslims and than we can see how far 'free speech' will work for them... unbelievable that free speech right give anyone to forget or distorted history, or worse, pretend that nothing has happened, and no matter in which country they are....

Wow.  Congratulations.  You just made my case and shot yours in the ass.  Well done.

I remember this being reported some time back. Obviously nothing has happened and I doubt the police are interested. They are probably part owners of the shop that is selling the stuff, or at the very least collecting "insurance" from the owner.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Wow.  Congratulations.  You just made my case and shot yours in the ass.  Well done.

It's not about 'a case' and i'm not here to win arguments with anyone..it's about doing the right thing and remembering and learning from history.. and if free speech is more important to you that history that i have nothing more to say to you here...

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Darksidedog replied - "Which shows quite clearly the Thai world history lessons are totally lacking. They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by. Many here are unaware that world war 2 even happened".

You are quite correct, but I also wonder how many Western students know anything about, say, Chiang Kai-shek, Sun Yat-Sen or more recently, Pol-pot and what about Mao Tzedung?

I might also suggest asking the same students what they know about WW l and WW ll, you might get a nasty surprise!

4 minutes ago, planemad said:

Darksidedog replied - "Which shows quite clearly the Thai world history lessons are totally lacking. They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by. Many here are unaware that world war 2 even happened".

You are quite correct, but I also wonder how many Western students know anything about, say, Chiang Kai-shek, Sun Yat-Sen or more recently, Pol-pot and what about Mao Tzedung?

I might also suggest asking the same students what they know about WW l and WW ll, you might get a nasty surprise!

Thai kids are by far very poorly educated when it comes to world affairs and history, and when they see that the Nazi paraphernalia are being sold freely and others are wearing Nazi uniforms for parades and fun shows they learn the Nazi were probably brave and victorious people and Hitler was a humanitarian of the decade and good man and some kind of a hero, and without someone teaching them otherwise, this knowledge will stay with them forever...

Archived