BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Frenchman reports sale of Nazi inspired goods to Pattaya Tourist Police

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thai kids are by far very poorly educated when it comes to world affairs and history, and when they see that the Nazi paraphernalia are being sold freely and others are wearing Nazi uniforms for parades and fun shows they learn the Nazi were probably brave and victorious people and Hitler was a humanitarian of the decade and good man and some kind of a hero, and without someone teaching them otherwise, this knowledge will stay with them forever...

Can you think of a better way to start that discussion than to have social media go off on the idiots wearing that crap?

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Can you think of a better way to start that discussion than to have social media go off on the idiots wearing that crap?

It's not the idiots that wear or sells that stuff i'm on about, it's the idiots that protect the right of the other idiots to do what is utterly offending to many people, nations and countries around the world....

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

It's not the idiots that wear or sells that stuff i'm on about, it's the idiots that protect the right of the other idiots to do what is utterly offending to many people, nations and countries around the world....

So, you would have supported the Nazi's in their efforts to purge the world of Jewish art because it offended the sensibilities of good Aryans and because of their belief that Jews and Bolsheviks were responsible for all the evils that were afflicting Germany in the wake of Versailles?

See how slippery that slope is?

1 hour ago, lanista said:

99% of Thais would have no idea who Hitler, Napolean or Caesar were.

All Thais care about is Thai history ,language, dancing, food and Thai style.

No-one cares what the French think about Hitler &  WW2 anyway.  They meekly surrendered after 30 days to an under-equipped German army that used horses for transport.

The Russians fought huge German armies for  4 years and defeated them with FA help from the allies.

The French and Poms were darn lucky Stalin held his temper and stopped  his armies at Berlin instead of surging west.

Read your history: You must be a commie or a Stalin lover. French gave up  after 7 weeks of fighting highly mechanized German army. Stalin managed to stop them only because of western assistance with steel, technology and equipment thT was shipped via Murmansk.

general G Patton wanted to take on the commies and keep on going east in 1945, and that is why he was assassinated in December 1945 

hitler’s shit should not be slowed to be shown or sold anywhere.

totally agree with the Frenchman and my hat off to him for reporting it! , Bravo

1 hour ago, missoura said:

For an upcoming project, I needed some old Thai wood and bought a few posts only to find this graffiti on one.  I hadn't planned on sanding these posts, but now it looks like I have to.

Nazi sign.JPG

Above is a symbol from Hinduism / Buddhism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

I remember a couple of years ago when young Thais had a Hitler trend...

Everything Nazi and the funny man with the funny speak  and mustache was in...
Even MC Donald had changed "Ronald MC Donald" in BKK...

Most Thai's do not even know that there has been a  2'th World war...

But I guess there is a lot in Asian history, we not know about  ?

Ps.

Do not mistake the "Nazi Swastika" with the original Hindu symbol many Thais use

image.png.435fd6dc31b5d0057091527f6433a53f.pngimage.png.85ddaeb94d2c1abbb08d6a3044cbd568.png

15 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

Its not just the Thais !

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0-BfsBptHydh-P-yo1fx

Hey, thats a Saxe- Colburg and Gottha family thing, don't disrespect history!!

The swastika is an ancient religious symbol used in Buddhism and appears on many old artifacts.

Not as bad as putting down the welcome mat for them and then collaborating.

6 minutes ago, pnustedt said:

The swastika is an ancient religious symbol used in Buddhism and appears on many old artifacts.

But photos of Hitler are a more recent phenomena.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“For me, it is very very important the police stop this”, Mr Jandaeng said in the video.

Go back to your country and lets the good Thais do their good business.

I can't see due to the cropping of the photo, but I have often seen items for sale that feature the murderous, homophobic gangster, Che Guevara right next to Hitler items. Nobody ever seems to care about those items. Selective outrage I guess.

Im not normally against this sort of thing but the way the world is going I would like to see them banned until the adults in the room start acting like grown ups again