Frenchman reports sale of Nazi inspired goods to Pattaya Tourist Police

rooster59

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Selling some photos is hardly "embracing" Nazism .

I am quite sure that there is no connection between the photos and nazi ideology in Thailand .

You're right. They have no clue what the pictures represent.

I'd like to think if they  knew what the photos and flags  represented that would be the end of it.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

I'd like to think if they  knew what the photos and flags  represented that would be the end of it.

I'm pretty sure they still wouldn't care. 

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

When did I ever suggest I'm for controlling or dictating the sale of this crap in Thailand? NOWHERE and I can shout TOO.

What I suggested was that when education in Thailand exposes them to what happened during WW2 with the Nazis that people will realized what repulsive trash they are selling and that it makes them a laughing stock worldwide.

They'll pull this crap off the market voluntarily in time.

What is being sold in the USA in regard to Nazi products? I was not shouting if you bother to read things properly I was using the capitals to show that yes the blacks that live in America have the right of indignation but the blacks that live in other countries do not have to right to interfere in the running of the country that they have chosen to live in even if there are things that are sold that they do not like

11 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

When did I ever suggest I'm for controlling or dictating the sale of this crap in Thailand? NOWHERE and I can shout TOO.

What I suggested was that when education in Thailand exposes them to what happened during WW2 with the Nazis that people will realized what repulsive trash they are selling and that it makes them a laughing stock worldwide.

Will the USA pull this crap off the market?

4 hours ago, Voodoochile said:

I highly doubt that "the people the most dégusted by this are the germans"

Oh, I don't know, most Germans are decent people, and they're living with the equivalent of original sin.

11 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

There have been genocides across Asia in living memory , currently one going on now in Myanmar with the Rohingas , Suharto in Indonesia , Chinese in Tibet , Japan in China , mass killings now in the Philippines , Pol Pot in Cambodia .

Hitler in Europe in the 1940's is not such a big deal in Asia

I know this market stall and have bought, non Nazi, items from the owner. The fact is Nazi paraphernalia is adored by most Arabs and Hitler is loved and admired by most Arabs and many Muslims in general. Mein Kampf is now on sale again in Germany and is a top seller. With so many Arabs here in Pattaya it no surprise that Nazi stuff sells. The stall manager also sells stuff from the imperial Japan era. 

Just now, duanebigsby said:

The seller is not Thai.

48 minutes ago, Trouble said:

I was a history major so I well know the sins of the past. Those sins unfortunately go back to the beginning of time. Whether it's the Romans and their treatment of the Christians, Attila the Hun, or Genghis Khan, slaughter and cruelty has occurred throughout history.  Unfortunately no one today cares about the past. It's about instagram, twitter, and facebook these days.  To young people WW II is ancient history. What happened during WWII in the Third Reich has not stopped subsequent genocides. It did not stopped the purges of the Communists in the Soviet Union, the genocide in Cambodia, and it certainly did not stop the purges in China during Mao's time.  Although some of the Stalinist and Chinese purges occurred in the 1930's, they continued well after WWII. It's estimated that 70 million Chinese perished under Mao but no one seems to find pictures of him offensive and his prominence in China is evident everywhere. Knowledge of past genocides certainly has not stopped the more recent occurrences in Africa or the Middle East. So while the Nazi stuff being sold at a stall in Pattaya maybe offensive to some, it is not to the vast majority there. So get over it and stop with the righteous indignation. Don't like it, don't buy it and move along. As long a man inhabits the earth there will be death and destruction somewhere so might as well get used to it. It's like everything else, one group of people find something offensive whether its the Nazi flag or the Confederate flag and they force their indignation on everyone else to be politically correct. It's like never ending sensitivity training.

Well said. Sensitivity over reach and cultural imperialism from the French who raped Africa and are still doing dodgy deals with murderous African dicators. The French worked closely with the Nazis under the Vichy government...most were collaborates not resistance fighters.

52 minutes ago, DavidJow said:

The family name of the Frenchman it's sound a Thai name.

จันทร์แดง < Jandaeng

Seems so and a French citizen with a Thai ethnic connection would have more credibility than other French citizens in making such a report to police in THAILAND. Again, merci to the Frenchman for raising the issue so publicly. 

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

The police listened but did not understand a word.  In any case Pattaya Plod only move when motivated by money; perhaps they can shakedown the vendor as they do every other business in town.

Of course. They had no clue what was he talking about because  presumably never learned about nacism. For Thai is just business. If there would not be a demand they will not sell. For me was more disturbing to see these things in Bulgaria where i think it is banned by law. Asians have no clue. Hitler posting in club in Chiang mai. His picture on the wall in hotel in Indonesia. I think for them it is more like symbol of power. They had no clue how many millions died and suffered.

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

They dont care as long they make quick baht from it.

I reported on the nazi sale outside Royal Garden some months ago , but noting happened. This has been going on for many years , and it's fake stuff produced in China , like war coins , "old" pictures of Hitler etc.  

They sell Nazi stuff side by side with other "antiques" and Thais probably thinks it's fashionable. 

You can't stop them , so waste of time to report it to the police. 

20 hours ago, missoura said:

For an upcoming project, I needed some old Thai wood and bought a few posts only to find this graffiti on one.  I hadn't planned on sanding these posts, but now it looks like I have to.

Nazi sign.JPG

The swastika on the post in the picture is a Buddhist symbol. The nazi one is the other way. 

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although this isnt in France .

He seems to think that everyone should adhere to his way of thinking and anyone who thinks differently should be banned .

Maybe Hitlers time in France did have some effect on French people after all

Some of the pictures showed coins and what not.  I seriously doubt they are legit or from the Nazi in power time period.  But I can see their presumed value and why many people, especially tourists on a buying binge might suck them up

idiot you are not in FRANCE , this is Thailand, the same country that still denies there were ever any Japanese here, who just walked in. i could go to FRANCE and kick up a fuss about them eating HORSES, thais are blissfully ignorant of any history, outside of their own little bubble,, recently i was talking to an educated person about the ROMANS, his mind was a complete blank.

The RTP at Pattaya would be laughing at this stupid Frenchman who thinks he can come to Thailand and complain about things that the Thais sell at their markets because he is upset.

To the Frenchman I say to you grow up this is Thailand not France and you are only a visitor here as long as the Thais will let you stay. Hitler never invaded Asia he was in Europe and Thailand is in Asia, it was the Japanese that invaded Asia.

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

So let me understand here, you don't see anything wrong with glorifying Hitler and his murderous rejim? and what happened is happened and let bygone be bygone as if it was nothing and not a genocide on a humongous proportions... you're indeed showing unbelievable ignorance here..

They are not glorifying Hitler. The Thais haven't got a clue who he was or what he did. To them he is just another famous face along with Che Guevara or 'Serpico', whose images are all over Thailand. I do agree that THEY are showing unbelievable ignorance. But how many young people in many countries would know what Hitler did a couple of generations ago in a far-off land? How many in the west know of Pol Pot and the millions he killed, up to 25 percent of the Cambodian population?

Archived