Frenchman reports sale of Nazi inspired goods to Pattaya Tourist Police

rooster59

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inflammatory for a Thai to do but acceptable for an American or Brit.  Tell me the difference between a Thai school kid dressing up like a nazi for a play day and Prince Harry doing the same thing?  I get that it is inappropriate but if the British Royal family don't get it how can you expect some poor Thai kid to?  I think it is just a bridge too far to cross.  Leave them alone.  You are only making it more attractive and more popular and I don't think that is your intention.  

It's inflammatory everywhere. You are annoying me by putting words in my mouth of things I never said. No interest in further engagement with members using such blatantly sleazy tactics.

Seriously please don't bother me with your games any more. Post what you like but project your fantasy opponent arguments on someone else. I'm not playing.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/9/2018 at 9:11 PM, darksidedog said:

Which shows quite clearly the Thai world history lessons are totally lacking. They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by. Many here are unaware that world war 2 even happened.

You don't think this statement applies to most countries?  They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by.  Many are unaware that X even happened.

12 minutes ago, SilverBeast said:

You don't think this statement applies to most countries?  They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by.  Many are unaware that X even happened.

Does Prince Harry know much about British history?  Does Trump know much about American history?  Mao didn't know about the history of sparrows and insects 78 million Chinese people starved.  That was a biggie but it's ok to have Mao pictures up on the wall.  Do the people posting on Thai Visa know much about anyone's history?  The answer is no.  Which is really stupid as it's all on line and only a click away. 

1 hour ago, Rarebear said:

Does Prince Harry know much about British history?  Does Trump know much about American history?  Mao didn't know about the history of sparrows and insects 78 million Chinese people starved.  That was a biggie but it's ok to have Mao pictures up on the wall.  Do the people posting on Thai Visa know much about anyone's history?  The answer is no.  Which is really stupid as it's all on line and only a click away. 

Why is it stupid when younger people are that tied up in today's things that are wrecking the world they don't have the time nor the inclination to be interested in what happened 20-30-40-50 years ago let alone WW1 100 years ago or WW2 80 years ago. It's only when you get older and you have nothing to do in your life that you have the time to do the research about the world history but then it is too late. There is too much hate in this world and it has been there for a lot longer than you and I have been here and the stopping of the selling of this stuff will not stop it.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, missoura said:

For an upcoming project, I needed some old Thai wood and bought a few posts only to find this graffiti on one.  I hadn't planned on sanding these posts, but now it looks like I have to.

Nazi sign.JPG

Perhaps you don't know, but that's not a German Nazi swastika. The symbol in your photo has been around a lot longer than Hitler. It's ancient, at least 4th century BC.

Even if it was the same as a Nazi one, the person painted if might have been referring to same symbol from ancient times, as both sorts were used.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you don't know, but that's not a German Nazi swastika. The symbol in your photo has been around a lot longer than Hitler. It's ancient, at least 4th century BC.

Even if it was the same as a Nazi one, the person painted if might have been referring to same symbol from ancient times, as both sorts were used.

It is generally regarded as a Nazi swastika. That is what counts.

Remember that? Thai gov used Hitler in promo vid 555

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/12/10/watch-thailands-military-rulers-use-hitler-in-propaganda-video/?utm_term=.02f8a1b85bc0

Anyway ppl are crazy. Poland offended ppl by displaying banner on football game to remember Warsaw uprising. Fined by Uefa

https://www.rt.com/sport/398673-uefa-charges-legia-nazi-banner/images (1).jpegScreenshot_20180612-095046_Chrome.jpeg

13 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Why is it stupid when younger people are that tied up in today's things that are wrecking the world they don't have the time nor the inclination to be interested in what happened 20-30-40-50 years ago let alone WW1 100 years ago or WW2 80 years ago. It's only when you get older and you have nothing to do in your life that you have the time to do the research about the world history but then it is too late. There is too much hate in this world and it has been there for a lot longer than you and I have been here and the stopping of the selling of this stuff will not stop it.

Before the advent of computers and google one had to go the library or school to get answers about history now it is simple just a click on your phone brings you all the combined history of the world.  I meant the older generation has the time to read about history.  When I'm watching a movie at home I click on my phone to get historical information about the scene, or artifacts or other things in the movie that interest me.  I like to see if the movies are telling the truth or making up a story.  You interest young people about history by telling them a story.  One could educate Thai people or all young people about WWII by making it an interesting story. 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Only by Westerners who have no idea about the Buddhist symbol 

That is not correct.  With all the Hitler sports day activity and the Nazi chic with on line jewelry all the people know it has to do with a military figure from WWII.  Search for Thai Hitler sports day if you doubt me.

2 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

That is not correct.  With all the Hitler sports day activity and the Nazi chic with on line jewelry all the people know it has to do with a military figure from WWII.  Search for Thai Hitler sports day if you doubt me.

What I meant was that some Westerners do not know the difference between the Nazi swastika and the Buddhist symbol .

They are two different symbols with different meanings .

The Buddhist symbol does NOT represent the Nazi party .

Although some Westerners cannot tell the difference

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It is generally regarded as a Nazi swastika. That is what counts.

Only to westerners. As is obvious, Asians do not share your opinion. It's an ancient ASIAN symbol, and that is more important to them than some recent European conflict.

I guess most farangs think it's all about western values, when there are more people in the world that are not western. In LOS, it's not about us and our values, opinions, or sensitivities. As to the symbol being regarded as Nazi, I don't think the average Thai gives a monkey's about what westerners consider offensive.

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What I meant was that some Westerners do not know the difference between the Nazi swastika and the Buddhist symbol .

They are two different symbols with different meanings .

The Buddhist symbol does NOT represent the Nazi party .

Although some Westerners cannot tell the difference

It predates Buddhism by many centuries.

1 hour ago, Rarebear said:

Before the advent of computers and google one had to go the library or school to get answers about history now it is simple just a click on your phone brings you all the combined history of the world.  I meant the older generation has the time to read about history.  When I'm watching a movie at home I click on my phone to get historical information about the scene, or artifacts or other things in the movie that interest me.  I like to see if the movies are telling the truth or making up a story.  You interest young people about history by telling them a story.  One could educate Thai people or all young people about WWII by making it an interesting story. 

I'm just guessing, but from your post count you haven't been in LOS long. I'm also guessing, but I doubt you know many young Thais, to think they have any interest in a European conflict that happened long before they were born. More interested in chatting to their imaginary friends on the phone. 

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only to westerners. As is obvious, Asians do not share your opinion. It's an ancient ASIAN symbol, and that is more important to them than some recent European conflict.

I was quite shocked when I first went to India , seeing the "Nazi Swastika" everywhere .

I couldnt understand why Indians were Nazis .....................until it was explained to me

17 hours ago, NightRider70 said:

Maybe the Saar offensive created some hate for the French in Hitler.

Do you disagree?

It's also possible that French behaviour during their occupation of the Ruhr after the Great War or Part One of the Twentieth Century World War put Hitler's and many Germans' noses out of joint. It also fanned  the flames that caused Part Two of that same World War to break out.

Which shows quite clearly the Thai world history lessons are totally lacking. They know their own history inside out, or at least the version they are taught, but global events just pass them by. Many here are unaware that world war 2 even happened.
That's because WW2 is probably the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It was only about 7 years ago that I was at work and someone I work with was looking at amazon UK and a addvert for a nazi flag came up.I had to explain to him it's came up on his amazon account because he was slighty Racest and that Amazon thought he might want one.I suspect he was more racist then he pretended and must have been looking at things like that probably books and stuff. It even had reviewes and everything one person gave it a high score because it was machine washable.It's gone now because I just checked but I couldn't believe it.So if Amazom can sell them let's not Judge a under-educated vendor.

I just googled it and found loads of sites talking about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/amazon-accused-of-profiting-from-hate-1.3358259

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Rarebear said:

So why don't they tear down the Victory Monument in Bangkok?

Because that celebrates the victory of Thais over Nazis

( and everyone else who tried to conquer the un-conquerable )

Archived