10 Hua Hin hotels using ‘fake licences’ face closure

webfact

10 Hua Hin hotels using ‘fake licences’ face closure

By The Nation

HHin.jpg

FILE photo

Deputy Prachuap Khiri Khan governor Pongphan Wichiansamut confirmed on Saturday that 10 Hua Hin hotels operating with fake hotel licences could be shut down.

The deputy governor said he had held a meeting with representatives from several agencies and officials affirmed that there were provisions to shut down the illegal hotels.

According to Pongphan, the Kiti Nanthakorn Hotel, the Royal Express, the Viravan @ Hua Hin, V Living Hua Hin, the Secret Garden Hua Hin, Citin Loft Hua Hin, Hillside Resort and Apartment, Pearl @ Hua Hin, Chivasai and Civasai Hua Hin were charged on May 15 with falsifying documents and using fake hotel licences.

Pongphan admitted that the 10 hotels were still operating because of complicated legal technicalities.

The deputy governor said the 10 hotels had obtained licences to operate residential places, not hotels but they had refused to shut down arguing that they had a licence to use the residential buildings.

As a result, Pongphan said officials had to be careful before taking action to order the operators to stop using the buildings.

Pongphan added that some owners of the 10 hotels said they did not know that their hotel licence was fake. He said two officials of the Hua Hin Municipality and Tambon Hin Lek Fai administration were facing probes over the fake licences.

Sources from the municipality and administration said the 10 hotels were ordered to submit a permit for using their building as hotels within a week or the authorities would shut down their buildings. The sources said records showed the buildings were allowed to be built as residential buildings, not as hotels with daily services.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347372

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-11

well thats no surprise everything here is fake, be it driving licences, building permits, hotel permits, t shirts, the list is endless, the funny thing is TURKEY is the country of fakes and nothing is done about it,  lol

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

But they won't....a few palms greased and it's business as usual....

Exactly as I see it too... if you read the post carefully it has the "opt-out" phrase
"could face closure" meaning business as usual!

3 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

If I see the pictured I think there should be more closed down and demolished and give back a beautiful beach, wherever this is.

If my memory is correct a couple or more years ago those buildings encroaching on the beach were ordered to be demolished. But well, you know..........

15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If my memory is correct a couple or more years ago those buildings encroaching on the beach were ordered to be demolished. But well, you know..........

That is an old file photo. That was in 2016. Maybe they have been removed but like you I doubt it. "Tough" action was threatened, that usually means big money. Maybe someone can update.

http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=33030

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

That is an old file photo. That was in 2016. Maybe they have been removed but like you I doubt it. "Tough" action was threatened, that usually means big money. Maybe someone can update.

http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=33030

The picture have nothing to do with the hotels mentioned. The hotels are somewhere else in HuaHin.

Archived