Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 June 2019 18:30
webfact

"Big Joke" - he's no joke! Top cop is the real deal for putting public confidence back in the Thai police

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, colinneil said:

 Well mate you are seeing what they want you to see.

Big joke is arresting no one, it is all done before he gets there.

He is being made out to be super cop... Which he isnt.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i have been told tourist police have no arrest powers.

I'm on your side there Colin.

Not sure about tourist police and powers of arrest - surely they are regular police?

Perhaps it's the tourist police 'volunteers' who have no power of arrest? I'm willing to be corrected on that one however.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, colinneil said:

 Well mate you are seeing what they want you to see.

Big joke is arresting no one, it is all done before he gets there.

He is being made out to be super cop... Which he isnt.

Correct me if i am wrong, but i have been told tourist police have no arrest powers.

Yes you are wrong.Tourist Police officers are armed and are fully qualified RTP.Your information is very outdated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I'm on your side there Colin.

Not sure about tourist police and powers of arrest - surely they are regular police?

Perhaps it's the tourist police 'volunteers' who have no power of arrest? I'm willing to be corrected on that one however.

 

Also the (normal)Police volunteers have no power of arrest but they do a lot of jobs ,like directing traffic and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes you are wrong.Tourist Police officers are armed and are fully qualified RTP.Your information is very outdated.

 

So we are both wrong tourist police are not armed.

Just look at the photo in the OP not 1 of them is armed.

Edited by colinneil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...