Dozens of Hua Hin hotels deemed illegal - but not prosecuted because of connections to state employees

snoop1130

Dozens of Hua Hin hotels deemed illegal - but not prosecuted because of connections to state employees

hht.JPG

Thai media Daily News has stated that there are likely many more hotels in the Hua Hin area that have opened or are operating illegally.

But the reason they have not been prosecuted is that they are owned or financed by Thai civil servants.

The claim comes as ten hotels at the resort face legal action for contravening regulations concerning licenses. 

Provincial and local government have found themselves hamstrung by the regulations and are actively seeking government help as the ten hotels named last month continue to operate as if nothing has happened.

Final warnings have been issued that the properties will be forced to close next week. Whether that will actually happen remains to be seen as other deadlines have come and gone. 

But now comes word from what Daily News said were sources high up in the Hua Hin administration that stated that more than 20 hotels found not to have real licenses in the period 2014-2015 have had no action made against them at all. 

The source said that this was partly connected to what was deemed as adversely affecting tourism at the resort and also to the fact that many of the hotels had connections with corrupt local officials.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/648636

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-11

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...and also to the fact that many of the hotels had connections with corrupt local officials."

is there anything in Thailand that is not connected to corrupt local officials?

that is a rhetorical question.

Gee, sounds like a prime case for the Tourist Police and Big Joke....

Except, apparently, nowhere to be found on this one....

But now comes word from what Daily News said were sources high up in the Hua Hin administration that stated that more than 20 hotels found not to have real licenses in the period 2014-2015 have had no action made against them at all. 

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"...and also to the fact that many of the hotels had connections with corrupt local officials."

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The source said that this was partly connected to what was deemed as adversely affecting tourism at the resort and also to the fact that many of the hotels had connections with corrupt local officials.

So corrupt officials are actually stopping what is going to adversely affect tourism.   Corruption is Hau Hin tourism's salvation.  And people think reform will never happen in Thailand. 

'License?

'You are going to try to shut my hotel down because I don't have a license?

Do you know how long I had to save my cut of the government money for the poor old people and my share of the school lunch money just to build that hotel?  I even had to get  money from my brother the monk!

Now I have to get a license?'

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

Corruption, isn't that illegal these days ?

what corruption?, all thats been brushed under the carpet ....fixed by the junta, stop spreading fake news or face the consequences  grrrrrrr?

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Question:  is there anything in Thailand that is not connected to corrupt local officials?

Answer: Yes!!!  Anything in Thailand connected to corrupt State Government officials or those deemed too sensitive to upset.

Suspend the officials p[rior to investigation. Shut the hotels nad shoiw the Thai public and the Tourists that Corruption is being sorted out. otherwise Thailand will move to the TOP of the Corruption league another FIRST ……..I bet the PM is really proud of his THAI CIVIL SERVANTS , at least this time he cannot blame anyone else just THAIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

Yes it is.  It's taken from the Hilton aiming to the northwest.  It's fuzzy but I can make out many buildings including my own condo.

I stand corrected Sir, I could not recognise anything, and the hills in the background looked too close.....:jap:

I read yesterday & this morning about children's school meal money going in the pockets of school officials. I know this has nothing to do with hotels but my point is; If they steal from what is meant for Thai children, they'll do anything, anywhere (in Thailand) to boost their own bank accounts. They lack any sense of humanity and are shameless. It's sickening.

Stop being negative. There were 'probably' many questionable actions in the past. USA can sure attest to that. The very, very , very positive is the surfacing of these questionable actions. I hope this is being done to root out unacceptable behavior. If so, then give people credit for taking action against what is best for the people

Archived