Dozens of Hua Hin hotels deemed illegal - but not prosecuted because of connections to state employees

snoop1130

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

Stop being negative. There were 'probably' many questionable actions in the past. USA can sure attest to that. The very, very , very positive is the surfacing of these questionable actions. I hope this is being done to root out unacceptable behavior. If so, then give people credit for taking action against what is best for the people

Mate of Suradit are you? Use the same optician selling the red lenses?

57 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

Stop being negative. There were 'probably' many questionable actions in the past. USA can sure attest to that. The very, very , very positive is the surfacing of these questionable actions. I hope this is being done to root out unacceptable behavior. If so, then give people credit for taking action against what is best for the people

All depends on how thick their skins are but without social media a lot of this would never come out.  Putting something up on a blog or a  twitter or facebook account can get the attention of a lazy (or hopefully non-lazy) journo much easier that ringing a news paper or a TV station and trying to interest them in a story.   Let's hope for the best but hopefully there will be a critical mass in here somewhere beyond a certain point it cannot be stopped, like a nuclear reaction.  But I think Thailand is a bit away from that stage just yet.   But it is a start and people who want to be in government had better start saying what they will do about these things and not wriggle out later.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

imagine trying to clean up the mess that is today's thailand

That would be Thailand without army, police, politicians are tycoons, aso..... Who is left then here....? 

Only "farangs"......5555

3 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

'License?

'You are going to try to shut my hotel down because I don't have a license?

Do you know how long I had to save my cut of the government money for the poor old people and my share of the school lunch money just to build that hotel?  I even had to get  money from my brother the monk!

Now I have to get a license?'

Perhaps you'll need to go back to your brother the monk for funds to tear it down.

But your own fault you should have done it all correctly in the first place, there are rules and regulations about these things for good reasons.

But so many Thais will skirt around the obvious often easy way and do it the most difficult way also meaning eventually the whole idea will choke them. 

It isn't only about illegal licences and corrupt officials, copied licences and fake hotels.

But, good to see some interest being shown in a topic that is already affecting many businesses in Thailand under the 2016 amendment to the Hotel Act (2004).

This is also about thousands of legitimate honest, and hard working businesses all over Thailand that have been affected, raided, closed and now face charges in courts, fines imposed and possible imprisonment for something that to many was totally legal until August 19th 2016.

I have posted a couple of topics in Thai Visa that are now becoming related and even though I do not always provide the requested sources or proof concerning my comments. Things ARE happening that affect both Travellers to Thailand and Thousands of small businesses offering short term daily rentals.

Remember Pattaya boasts of Tourist levels near 7 million each year, and with hotels that currently hold a licence standing at less than 300 (reported by the District Chief of Banglamung) makes me wonder where all the tourists are staying.

Imagine that if one could stop All the corruption and government  people involved in One Day,,, This Country would come to a Stand still,,,, There's So much corruption going on that 80 % off all the people would be in Jail.   ?

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Troubleshooter PM Prayut will be right on to it and have it sorted in the blink of a blind eye........or 20 years, whichever comes sooner.

28 minutes ago, sam neuts said:

It isn't only about illegal licences and corrupt officials, copied licences and fake hotels.

But, good to see some interest being shown in a topic that is already affecting many businesses in Thailand under the 2016 amendment to the Hotel Act (2004).

This is also about thousands of legitimate honest, and hard working businesses all over Thailand that have been affected, raided, closed and now face charges in courts, fines imposed and possible imprisonment for something that to many was totally legal until August 19th 2016.

I have posted a couple of topics in Thai Visa that are now becoming related and even though I do not always provide the requested sources or proof concerning my comments. Things ARE happening that affect both Travellers to Thailand and Thousands of small businesses offering short term daily rentals.

Remember Pattaya boasts of Tourist levels near 7 million each year, and with hotels that currently hold a licence standing at less than 300 (reported by the District Chief of Banglamung) makes me wonder where all the tourists are staying.

I can imagine the number of businesses could top ten times that.

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

He still busy with these Africans.

Ah , but if he went to H/H he could find some dark skinned Africans , stay in a hotel ( a legit one ) catch up with a few scammers and have a bit of a break , after which , boat over to Patts. and start again , same same.

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I read yesterday & this morning about children's school meal money going in the pockets of school officials. I know this has nothing to do with hotels but my point is; If they steal from what is meant for Thai children, they'll do anything, anywhere (in Thailand) to boost their own bank accounts. They lack any sense of humanity and are shameless. It's sickening.

Not to mention the 120 baht shirts being mandatory for teachers to buy at 420 baht, school officials pocketing the difference.  Corruption is never ending and has its grip on absolutely everything here.

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I read yesterday & this morning about children's school meal money going in the pockets of school officials. I know this has nothing to do with hotels but my point is; If they steal from what is meant for Thai children, they'll do anything, anywhere (in Thailand) to boost their own bank accounts. They lack any sense of humanity and are shameless. It's sickening.

Agreed. There is no shame among Thai thieves (or anywhere - but this is about Thailand)!! A sick culture that allows some to think that they can steal from the "mouths" of children. :post-4641-1156693976: 

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Ah , but if he went to H/H he could find some dark skinned Africans , stay in a hotel ( a legit one ) catch up with a few scammers and have a bit of a break , after which , boat over to Patts. and start again , same same.

I never seen an African in HH..Probably because HH doesn’t have a prostitution or dope scene.

6 hours ago, Borzandy said:

How can someone with mo connection could build hotel on public area.

The one hotel that I recognized has changed ownership and name at least once.  Is it possible that the original party who owned/ran the hotel when it was first built actually had all the proper licenses and permits but that the subsequent owners failed to obtain and/or retain them?

10 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Just imagine what a stinking, filthy corrupt land this will be in 10 or 15 years from now.

No chance of cleaning out the corruption now, So absolutely no chance in the future.

Did I say future ? Sorry there is no future for Thailand, just same old , same old.

Most Westerners are stubborn:whistling:Pffffff they do not want to understand that corruption is legal in Thailand, OK it is suggested that it is not for reasons linked to international diplomacy with some stupid countries, like the USA and a few European countries of the same ilk.

Archived