Legolon

kurgen

I have to admit that I drink far too much, but I like it.

I was talking to a friend of mine about it who is a self confessed alcy.He reccomended that I take Legalon to help repair any damage my liver may have taken whilst in action.

I bought some the other day but I'm just wondering about side affects. Does anyone know about the stuff and how effective it is?

The only thing that will repair your liver is complete abstinance,it will take a year to do any good.

I was told that my liver was in very bad shape and to drink no alcohol for 1 year,so I listened to my doctor ,was released from the hospital and went for almost 3 months before I get drunk again.

But then there is a lot more old drunks than there is old doctors. :o

I finally had to quit the beer and as has been suggested,start to drink water to prevent dehydration. and that was 22 years ago and I feel fine[at least for a 71 year old man].

I did watch a friends wife die from liver failure as she was a real alcoholic,and it sure wasn't a way I would choose to go, but also thats not the reason I quit.

but if you have a problem only drinking just one, Then maybe you do have a real problem. But there is ways to do it if you want to, Very painless but you must have the desire to do it. :o

Guest KlongHin
So abstinance makes the liver grow stronger :D

Well said Kurgen. You haven't lost your sense of humour anyhow. :D

And you still hide not answerig from where you've got that HIV+ people cannot travel to Thailand.

Your attitude cannot be understood. :o:D

Guest KlongHin
I was speaking to someone with HIV the other night who was saying it was ok for him to travel to LOS, I asked him if he was sure , he said he was positive :D

I believe it's OK for people HIV+ travelling to Thailand due to the February 20th, 2004 Ministerial regulation, before wasn't.

The thing that is freaking me out is see how an infamous board moderator keeps hiding and not answering to a clear question I've made few times, or accept that he's wrong.

Once more:

DR PATPONG.

FROM WHERE HAVE YOU GOT THE INFORMATION THAT PEOPLE HIV+ IS BANNED TO ENTER TO THAILAND?

I'm certainly sure he won't be answering, his attitude SUCKS BIG TIME. :o

I have a Thai visa application form in front of me, which I am currently filling out for a new business visa, and nowhere (as in the past) are there any provisions for declaring your state of health.

Other countries usually have an assortment of questions ranging form criminal convictions, to have you had TB. Many ask if you have recently paid a visit to the local "funny farm", but I havn't found one yet that specifically asks are you HIV positive.

For those of you that have ever worked in parts of the middle east, a medical certificate is required showing that you are HIV negative, but being positive would not preclude you from visiting as a tourist.

So what has this got to do with Legolon :D

Sod off you lot :o

OK back on topic. The answer is a plain and simple no! There are many medications around that claim liver regeneration, and repair, and having watched two two very good friends die in extreme pain from the effects of alcohol abuse, I can tell you none of them work.

If you were smart you would cut down, or at least have a sensible approach to consumption. I got my wake up call! Will you? :D

No idea if this stuff works or not but my doctor at Bumrungrad told me that with my fatty liver, I should lay off spirits but made no mention of beer !!! So i have been drinking beer ever since !!!

A friend of mine swears by the detox actions of raw carrotts. He has his maid make a glass every morning by juicing/liquidising fresh/raw carrots in a juicer. No idea if it works but he seems happy enough and he drinks a huge amount of spirits.

Hope this helps

No idea if this stuff works or not but my doctor at Bumrungrad told me that with my fatty liver, I should lay off spirits but made no mention of beer !!! So i have been drinking beer ever since !!!

A friend of mine swears by the detox actions of raw carrotts. He has his maid make a glass every morning by juicing/liquidising fresh/raw carrots in a juicer. No idea if it works but he seems happy enough and he drinks a huge amount of spirits.

Hope this helps

As any Thai will be glad to tell you, that really depends on the type of spirits you decide to lay off. The house spirits have formed a union, and if you lay one off, rest assured they will come a-knockin' to hold you accountable for your actions.

• 2 weeks later...

As anyone who has faced alcoholism seriously will tell you, Beer consumption equates to drinking hard liquor as you drink more of it.

The world is full of beer drunks with fatty livers.

I am sure you interpreted what the doctor said to you as you wished.

Alcohol is a drug, but a lot easier to recover from in my view than hard drug use, except for nicotine addiction, which really is a fight try to give it up.

Most addicts whether alcohol, nicotine or hard drugs need help to give up their addiction, but the desire to do so must be there first, before any help will work.

Don't count on a new liver, per Mickey Mantle, as the criteria on the waiting list has changed and a proven period of sobriety is required before a new liver is given, to prevent wasting the few livers available on unreformed drunks.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, alcohol (maybe besides nicotine) is the most difficult drug habit to get out of.

Unlike other habitforming substances, where the craving is rapidly diminishing after cut-off, and one has a real chance of full recovery, there is no predictable pattern with alcohol after one stops drinking, the desire to drink just one beer will most likely lead to drinking the whole case, and this could happen even years after one has given up. Add to that the low price, availability and social acceptance, and ...you see what I mean.

My doc told me years ago, my liver test results were already above acceptable levels, but the liver has a remarkable ability to recover when not under stress.

For me, within 6 weeks of abstinence, not even the odd glass, the liver was fully recovered. (I don't want to know the present condition)

So Kurgen, not wanting to quit altogether, a 'break' of however long you can manage would be VERY benificial -have a holiday in a strict Muslim country, the unavailability of your usual female company will do wonders for your spermcount as well! :o

A not quite so effective alternative is to have one drink free day in the week.

One drink-free day per week, one drink-free week per month and one drink-free month per year!

That was the motto of my best friend's (very thirsty) dad. Somehow it stuck.

I've been trying to adhere to it myself - but my *spirits* are not up to it...they're weak! Maybe if I get them a larger hosue up front?

/// DFW