World Cup predictions.

champers

2 days to go, so it might be a bit of fun to see who can predict the top 4 in correct order. I'll kick it off:

1 Brazil

2 Belgium

3 Croatia

4 Germany

I think VAR and travel distances will be important factors this time around.

Let's hope for a good one.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wilai said:

Spain about to sack Lopetegui the day before WC starts? Apparently Spanish FA boss has the right hump with him! Press conference in about 15 mins.

Real Madrid rear their ugly head again ! Amazing really.

After the debacle of the BBC's best ever world cup shirt poll [1970's Peru should have won by a country mile] anything could happen.

So, I'm going for Costa Rica to beat Saudi Arabia in the final.

Australia to beat England in the third/fourth place playoff...

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

Spain about to sack Lopetegui the day before WC starts? Apparently Spanish FA boss has the right hump with him! Press conference in about 15 mins.

Players backing Lopetegui....not surprising really as half of them play for RM anyway!

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

mad stuff from spain but that kind of thing gives me hope this could be a fun world cup.

brazil to beat germany in the final. france could spring a surprise though if their big names show up.

Can a Brazil Germany final be on if they both win there groups??

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Can a Brazil Germany final be on if they both win there groups??

think so yeah - groups E and F, get split into different halves in the knockout rounds don't they?

24 minutes ago, StevieH said:

think so yeah - groups E and F, get split into different halves in the knockout rounds don't they?

Yeah. They won't meet until the Final if they both win their group.

3 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

You might be right i have no idea

Yeah i know hence my selections.

But this is the 1st England squad i can remember where i have no idea what the wags names are or what they look like or whether any players have wags....all good news imho.

6 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

But this is the 1st England squad i can remember where i have no idea what the wags names are or what they look like or whether any players have wags....all good news imho.

You make a good point. Totally passed us by this time as normally it's a right ol merry go round concerning the WAGS. Might do a search to see if there are any lookers

On another note. I arranged a sweep with work mates last night but wanted to give it a twist and make it interesting for those who pick out rubbish teams. So I made the prize breakdown for the team to get the first red card, first team to miss a penalty and the first team to officially be named as unable to qualify. Then the world cup winner, runners up and the third place play off winner.

I got England (so a chance for the missed penalty!!) and Spain. The Mrs got Brazil

1 France

2 Brazil

3 Germany (no Gary, they don't always win at the end of the game)

4 Argentina

(Sorry my Spanish fellows but I am tired to see Nadal Barça and Real and Atletico Madrid always win everything everywhere)

A remake of the 1998's final would suit me well... 

Allez les Bleus !

1 hour ago, federico said:

1 France

2 Brazil

3 Germany (no Gary, they don't always win at the end of the game)

4 Argentina

(Sorry my Spanish fellows but I am tired to see Nadal Barça and Real and Atletico Madrid always win everything everywhere)

A remake of the 1998's final would suit me well... 

Allez les Bleus !

Bon chance, federico.

Archived