AIS 1 yr data subscripotion only 1200 baht

11 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone got 100gb from one of these things.... 

A while ago my only internet connection was the AIS 6mbps monthly package, i usually was over 100GB per month, never had a problem.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

A while ago my only internet connection was the AIS 6mbps monthly package, i usually was over 100GB per month, never had a problem.

That's not the 1200thb a month deal... 

But still good usage for the price

Did you stream video or something to run up that much data? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 8:20 AM, thaifann said:

I have this package and it is working great

*777*7153*913249#

Every month I top up and it is working fine.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=de&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prosermthaisim.com%2Findex.php%3Fcategoryais_id%3D43&edit-text

This Link is very good for deals.

So you are using the AIS Traveller SIM in Europe and can attach a 1 Mbps unlimited data package to it for use whilst abroad?

Is that correct?

1 minute ago, KneeDeep said:

So you are using the AIS Traveller SIM in Europe and can attach a 1 Mbps unlimited data package to it for use whilst abroad?

Is that correct?

I should probably switch to this, 

I bought a sim recently which was 4MB/s unlimited for 450thb+taxes and it doesn't even deliver 1MB/s consistently 

2 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I bought a sim recently which was 4MB/s unlimited for 450thb+taxes and it doesn't even deliver 1MB/s consistently 

Switch to a Traveller SIM? No.

Try another network. Perhaps Truemove H or DTAC has better speeds in your location.

Just now, KneeDeep said:

Switch to a Traveller SIM? No.

Try another network. Perhaps Truemove H or DTAC has better speeds in your location.

I use truemove and ais 

Both advertised at 4mb/s

Gf had dtac in this location and it was the worst of the 3

2 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

That doesn't sound right. What device are you using to connect? Same device for all three networks?

No, plethora of android devices in the house. 

All fairly new and top end from Samsung, Huawei and oneplus 6

If you want to test you can try to download a file like an operating system update (1.6GB) and or something big from a fast server and you will likely see it doesn't pull it down at 4MB/s or even 1MB/s

These packages are still very good value for money, free WiFi is included so you can use that in any mall for a heavy download if necessary 

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

No, plethora of android devices in the house. 

All fairly new and top end from Samsung, Huawei and oneplus 6

If you want to test you can try to download a file like an operating system update (1.6GB) and or something big from a fast server and you will likely see it doesn't pull it down at 4MB/s or even 1MB/s

These packages are still very good value for money, free WiFi is included so you can use that in any mall for a heavy download if necessary 

I think that you are confused. You are mixing Mbps with MBps.

To obtain 1 MB/s download bandwidth, you would need an 8 Mbps connection.

So you need to subscribe to a 10 Mbps package. That will give you an up to 1.25 MB/s download speed.

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Since the 10 Mbps package is just 53.5 baht more, it's the best option for you, as you can keep using your existing SIM. Just apply the new package as the old is about to run out...or just cancel the 4 Mbps package if you can't wait.

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2018 at 2:11 AM, jackdd said:

I've been doing the same.  Upcountry we could only get TOT ADSL 10M and actual measured performance was 7M down 500K up.  Also any time there was a slight power outage it took over 5 minutes for the internet to reconnect, and in 3 years I had two routers destroyed during thunder storms even though connected through a surge protector.   

We switched to AIS 6M and it measures 6M down 6M up all the time.  I run it as a hot spot on a phone I was no longer using with a range extender elsewhere in the house.  We're able to stream videos on two devices and do any browsing/etc we need.  We have computers, mobiles, tablets, smart tvs, and a printer connected with no problems, other than needing to periodically reset the mobile running the hot spot.

Later we moved to Rayong and just took it with us and kept going.  If we buy a place down here we'll probably put in a fiber line, but for now this is acceptable.

Archived