Bangkok among the cheapest cities for expats to relocate to, new study claims

webfact

i know a girl (just someone i know and not a working girl) she pays 3,500 and the rooms a decent size. the buildings very clean and secure but shared bathrooms but everyones very clean there. no aircon though but actually it's a perfectly nice place really. just can't play music or anything really as they have those windows that are in the corridor. but if you need cheap, it's available
Sounds like a gig for a couple of back packers . Who may want 6 months and not share with 8 other people

A grown western adult , shared bathroom and no air in humid stinking hot BKK? How could you know everyone is clean? Have you seen how thais trash thailand.. Doubt they will be wiping after themselves

Great for thais but pointless in the context of this thread

Just now, InMyShadow said:

Sounds like a gig for a couple of back packers . Who may want 6 months and not share with 8 other people

A grown western adult , shared bathroom and no air in humid stinking hot BKK? How could you know everyone is clean? Have you seen how thais trash thailand.. Doubt they will be wiping after themselves

because i might have crashed there a few times after a night out and the the place was very clean, that's why. nice thai bash mate. how is thai or western even in the mix. confused

3 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

I lived in a house for 10 years in Bangkok without airconditioning. It depends on what you are used to. 

7 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

you think you're above thais do you. you think they're all poor and have lower standards. poor you mate

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

you think you're above thais do you. you think they're all poor and have lower standards. poor you mate

<deleted>? My GF just bought a 7 million baht condo. If anyone knows about thai wealth it's me 

You made an assumption and came out swinging. 

It would be only thais living in it so how am wrong? Yep your looking the fool now ?

By the way living in a house and living a shoe box are very different without air .. I shouldn't be educating you on that. 

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM, observer90210 said:

Exploding the real estate prices that encourage and lead to  overdevelopping housings in Thailand, will ultimately burst the bubble at one point.

Been bursting for 20 years according to the bar stool analysts. Every building is 90 % empty and only sell at 50% loss untill people just give them away. Most building are leaning over or falling down and bangkok will be under the sea next year.. Bahahahaha 

Truth is most expats here are totall losers pissed there money away over a life time. Not all but most. 8k fan room.. So sad 

The only losers are those that could have bought 15 years ago and now have NO CHANCE! 

On 6/13/2018 at 7:31 AM, shady86 said:

15k baht for rent

A 40 sqm two-room condo on Rat Burana / Bang Pakok cost me only 12.5K/month, with gym, swimming-pool. Water 150Bahts, electricity only 700 Bahts. Ivy River Condo.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:07 AM, InMyShadow said:

Wake up wake up. Even if it's true it would be moldy old dump. And that would be 10 mins on a Mototaxi. 

You can't even get that deal in Pattaya unless your on the wrong side of Sukhumvit..the far side of the dark side 

People are so gullible! 

Since you seem to have an attitude, so will I. No one as sure as the ignorant. Not old, not moldy. 7 minute walk up to main road. A couple of shots from before we moved in. It's 7 floors, pool in courtyard. Quiet soi, lots of trees in neighborhood.

People are so cock sure of things they have no knowledge...

bed.jpg

kitchen.jpg

19 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

<deleted>? My GF just bought a 7 million baht condo. If anyone knows about thai wealth it's me 

You made an assumption and came out swinging. 

It would be only thais living in it so how am wrong? Yep your looking the fool now ?

By the way living in a house and living a shoe box are very different without air .. I shouldn't be educating you on that. 

you are wrong as i know some farang blokes living in the proper cheap places, well i used too. probably still there. congrats on your mrs condo btw, 7m sounds very average ; )

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

Since you seem to have an attitude, so will I. No one as sure as the ignorant. Not old, not moldy. 7 minute walk up to main road. A couple of shots from before we moved in. It's 7 floors, pool in courtyard. Quiet soi, lots of trees in neighborhood.

People are so cock sure of things they have no knowledge...

bed.jpg

kitchen.jpg

looks alright, need an electric oven though : )

no point argu'ing  too bad TV doesn't post URLs  for references,  sigh

https://www.nestpick.com/furnished-apartments-rent-index/

Mark Twain poignantly remarked that "statistics" are the worse type of lies ;  lately people can't even agree what "news" is anymore, much less  valid science and it's interpretation,  I blame media consolidation  and the evangelicals ?

Luckily my job paid my expense to travel and work in USA, Europe and Asia. If anyone thinks Bangkok is an expensive city to live in then I feel for them. Yes other Thailand cities are cheaper but I cannot tell you one big city outside of India  that is cheaper. I know some may exist but the point is from a world viewpoint Bangkok is a bargain for rent, entertainment, insurance, paid medical care, utilities and food if you eat Asian food and fruits and vegetables. 

On 6/13/2018 at 12:43 PM, observer90210 said:

Very doubtful that [fine] wine afficionados,  would agree with this lovely new survey....

I dont know about that. I thought everyone in Pattaya was an expert on wines.......or was it wine'os? Let me think abut that

On 6/14/2018 at 2:05 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Many seemed to have overlooked Bangkok's ranking and only remembered the headline. BKK ranked a lowly 62nd out of 80 in-demand cities in  terms of initial costs. So there are 61 other cities cheaper to move to. At least that's the way I read this feature. But one can never be sure about anything in Bangkok  newspaper reports.

It's the opposite.

It is a listing from the most expensive down to the cheapest.

The cheapest is Cairo, #80.

So Bangkok is the 19th cheapest out of the 80 cities listed.

Archived