Epson Printer Repair

pgrahmm

We have an Epson L365 tank printer, maybe 2 years old....

The other night my wife switched on a extension cord switch & we heard a small pop.....Two things were plugged into the extension - one being the printer......

We tried turning the printer on = nothing....Checked cord voltage & ok....Looked for some type of fuse on the printer - none visible....

Next step is to find a repair shop....Took it to Amorn & they don't do printer repairs....

Epson shows something on 108 across from the Airport Mall entrance....Shown in the pics....

We live in Hang Dong so that's not too far, but I don't recall seeing anything like electronics repairs there.....

Anybody know of a reliable printer repair shop  (preferably on the south side of town)? CM seems like one big traffic snarl lately.....

I know Pantip has changed, but haven't been there recently so I don't know what's still there....

Thanks in advance.....

Screenshot_2018-06-13-15-18-36-37.png

Screenshot_2018-06-13-15-19-47-69.png

SVOA is approximately in that area.. it is in the line of shops on the other side of the road from Chiang Mai Construction which is a little closer to the moat from Niyom Panich (I think that is the name) Toyota store.  As of about 1 month ago they did work on Epson according to the tech doing some work for me.

Printers normally only have a lifespan of 2 years, maybe 3 years if lucky. I`m sure soon someone will post and say their printer is still going strong after 10 years.

These printers are so cheap now that`s it`s not worth the bother of having them repaired. Buy a new one, cost around 2500 baht complete with ink cartridges.

i took my epson to Amorn and while they do not do printers, they pointed to the door in the attached building and showed me a place that does. it's just inside the main building and to the immediate right as you enter. easy to spot as they sell ink and printers there. he worked on it for about 16 minutes and there was no charge.

SVOA is where the authorized service for Epson is. 

I bought the same model as you new and it was so crappy, that it was sent back to Bangkok for repairs. No result. Eventually, I was given a full refund from Office Mate. 

Then bought the newest model similar to that one, an L-405, at Siam TV. It stopped printing properly after about 50 copies. I took it back and they sent it to SVOA and then the color printing was okay but the greyscale still had lines. 

My friend also has an Epson and it also has problems. My printer is currently back at the repair shop. 

I will never buy another Epson product. I am hoping to get a refund on this current unit as I am sure there is a build problem that can't be repaired. Then I will buy a Canon or HP. 

42 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

SVOA is where the authorized service for Epson is. 

I bought the same model as you new and it was so crappy, that it was sent back to Bangkok for repairs. No result. Eventually, I was given a full refund from Office Mate. 

Then bought the newest model similar to that one, an L-405, at Siam TV. It stopped printing properly after about 50 copies. I took it back and they sent it to SVOA and then the color printing was okay but the greyscale still had lines. 

My friend also has an Epson and it also has problems. My printer is currently back at the repair shop. 

I will never buy another Epson product. I am hoping to get a refund on this current unit as I am sure there is a build problem that can't be repaired. Then I will buy a Canon or HP. 

Ours had been completely trouble free - until it wasn't....Probably went through more than 10-12 reams of paper. between the 2 girls school work....

Photo print quality varied on the colors involved, but my wife made a lot that she'd share with family....But it really isn't a photo printer....

Thanks for your input....HP here has been nothing but trouble for me - wouldn't touch again....Brother also had a tank model, but I always considered them an "off" brand....

23 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Ours had been completely trouble free - until it wasn't....Probably went through more than 10-12 reams of paper. between the 2 girls school work....

Photo print quality varied on the colors involved, but my wife made a lot that she'd share with family....But it really isn't a photo printer....

Thanks for your input....HP here has been nothing but trouble for me - wouldn't touch again....Brother also had a tank model, but I always considered them an "off" brand....

After having one of those troublesome Epson tank printers which was pretty poor and having had HP printers with very expensive ink I went for the "off brand"  Brother tank printer and so far very pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.....

There is a printer/computer repair shop on Hang Dong road....South side about 300 meters beyond Hang Dong market & about 200-300 meters

before the Green Leaf station/Hang Dong High School entrance....

English signs say Fax, Copy, Print.....But most signs are in Thai - only about six english words on the signage.... 

We took it there - they replaced the power supply (see below) @ 850B and all is good.....

There are statues of Mickey & Minnie at the driveway right before it....The store front itself is pretty nondescript.....

Could be handy knowledge for those around the area....

IMG20180625131756.jpg

After waiting over two weeks for the printer to be "repaired" a second time, I called the shop at Siam TV who had sent it, again, to SVOA. The woman at the other end of the line said, "We called you last Saturday to tell you it's fixed," which no one had. I told her this but that didn't register. 

It is apparently fixed, so when I have time I will go see the result. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had an Epson I used it less and less used up more ink in maintenance ,head cleaning, alignment than printing, got some no name ink that was the end of that, seems they get issues with non Epson ink cartridges will buy a black and white laser probably a brother if I ever need a printer again.I just email to a local printer shop now and that's only to print out my air ticket and visa application form for Thailand in the last two years.

• 2 months later...

Archived