Keto and Back

Justfine

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

How to search tv for a simple term like MTC?

in one thread? I am trying to avoid asking for things that were covered before .

Where to buy MTC in CNX

2. Which coconut oil has the most neutral taste?

If you mean MCT:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 12:32 PM, THAIPHUKET said:

Made a wonderful chicken salad with red & green pepper. Some horse reddish-onions and mayonnaise. Shocker= it got sugar.

Where to find sugar free mayonnaise in CM?

Seems this is the only sugar free brand=

Duke's Mayonnaise, made with Eugenia Duke's original recipe since 1917.

There should be no need for any mayonnaise to have any hint of sugar in it.  

Make your own, anyway.  It's not difficult.  There are just a few ingredients - and NO SUGAR!  

2 egg yolks

1tsp Dijon mustard

1 tbsp lemon juice

Pinch of salt

50 ml (1½ fl oz) olive oil

200 ml (6½ fl oz) vegetable oil - or use all olive oil for a stronger taste

Salt and ground black pepper

Just put all the ingredients in a bowl apart from the oil and mix them with a whisk, hand or electric.

Start adding the oil drop by drop while still beating, and as it thickens increase the flow of oil.

However, I have just whacked the lot in a bowl and whisked away until it thickens.  Dead easy.

Where's the sugar there?

Mr fixit, sounds easy and delicious!

15 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

There should be no need for any mayonnaise to have any hint of sugar in it.  

Make your own, anyway.  It's not difficult.  There are just a few ingredients - and NO SUGAR!  

2 egg yolks

1tsp Dijon mustard

1 tbsp lemon juice

Pinch of salt

50 ml (1½ fl oz) olive oil

200 ml (6½ fl oz) vegetable oil - or use all olive oil for a stronger taste

Salt and ground black pepper

Just put all the ingredients in a bowl apart from the oil and mix them with a whisk, hand or electric.

Start adding the oil drop by drop while still beating, and as it thickens increase the flow of oil.

However, I have just whacked the lot in a bowl and whisked away until it thickens.  Dead easy.

Where's the sugar there?

BTW one of my regular must haves is Halumi. Because it's chewy& very tasty.

To round it up,- almost with a sweet,

A few scoops or cream cheese giving it an sweet touch by adding just a bit of whole milk.

Anyone with a suggestion for a crispy snack?

18 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

BTW one of my regular must haves is Halumi. Because it's chewy& very tasty.

To round it up,- almost with a sweet,

A few scoops or cream cheese giving it an sweet touch by adding just a bit of whole milk.

Anyone with a suggestion for a crispy snack?

Pork rinds?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, THAIPHUKET said:

The Huffington Post of today has some interesting bread suggestions. What do you think?
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/keto-bread-recipes-sandwiches_n_5bb4d70de4b028e1fe39b6b8

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would submit, in my experience, the fathead dough and Matt and Megha's chedder bay biscuit mug bread are the only ones that taste great.

Most of the rest taste like egg/sulfer.

I just lost 22 pounds in 7 weeks.

Not sure if this was Keto but it worked my goal was 20.

Breakfast:  3 egg whites and one yolk omelete with lean ham, cheese, onions.  Strong coffee with whole milk.  Water no juices.

Lunch:  A huge salad with different lettuce, lean chicken or pork, different veggie (the low carb ones) and an oil and vinegar dressing.  Or, a big bowl of soup with chicken or pork, no noodles.

Dinner:  Usually a fish (salmon or talapia), some cheese and some asparagus or spinach.

Snack:  I grilled a bunch of chicken breasts and would eat one as my snack.  Also, a big glob of peanut butter on a small cracker. Also, usually a Cappuccino in the afternoon no sugar.

Booze:  I like to drink so 3 times a week I had Vodka and soda with a lime.  Usually 2 or 3 shots of Vodka.

Dessert:  A chocolate shake,,,, HAHA.  My version.  I bought some 100% cocoa no sugar.  I put 2 tablespoons of cocoa in a blender with lots of ice and ice water, 1/2 cup of whole milk, and a pack of equal.  Tasted great!

No deep fried food, cake, rice, ice cream, bread, etc.  I also walked at least one hour a day and went to the gym 3 times a week.  Nothing serious a slow walk and gym just some toning stuff.

That is it.  I was really never hungry.  Probably could have lost more with no booze and no chocolate shake.

But I did not hate the diet so I am happy with the results.

Foul smelling Keto exhalation is not very becoming. That's why I stopped dieting too soon but kept looking=

Quote If your breath has started to smell like a cat litter tray while on a ketosis diet then this may well be your culprit!
Unquote

besides standard brushing and flossing. Studies suggest that cleaning the tongue is almost twice as effective as brushing alone at removing bad breath. ....
....anti-bacterial oral rinse 
....increasing the fat in your diet, while reducing protein, can also have a beneficial impact on bad breath caused by dieting...
....mint-flavoured breath spray or mouthwash

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/17/2018 at 3:09 AM, laislica said:

I agree with you.

On Facebook there is a guy who was morbidly obese. He had type II diabetes and had lost the feeling in his feet to the extent that on a bonfire night, he stood so close to the fire that he got second degree burns on both feet without realising it.

This guy changed his lifestyle and has reversed everything.

The before and after pictures of him are amazing.

He created a documentary series of his journey and I watched it while it was free.

He showed success and failure (when he fell off the wagon), it was very moving.

He now had many followers who are following in his lifestyle changes and having similar successes to him.

OK, so now he earns money from sharing....

So what!

iTHRIVE is a closed group

Here is a before and after pic:-

Before and after.JPG

I met him in Maehongson in the beginning of 2017.  The difference is amazing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 10:14 AM, Justfine said:

Good luck. 

Look up Fathead Pizza on the google machine.  It is really easy to make a very low carb crust, you can get the almond flour from Tops, 100 Baht a bag which is good for two pizza crusts.  

• 3 months later...

Does anyone else feel great when doing Keto? I have so much more energy and clarity of thought.

my biggest mistake when doing low carb in the past was eating too much lean protein, I lost lots of water and some fat but it was hard going.

when I learned to cook thingsin coconut oil and butter etc the weight came right off

ive been using greens powder in a drink with apple cider vinegar and it seems to have helped my skin a lot, although quitting booze must have helped 

good luck everyone 

Not everyone reacts the same when going into ketosis. When I stopped drinking three years ago, apart from having a desire to drink, felt neither better nor worse.. (Apart from my wallet).

Same with keto, I went into ketosis easily enough, but can't say I feel a difference. Try making lard and cooking with that, I am not convinced that coconut oil has all the benefits claimed for it, I just use it in my morning coffee once a day.

I eat much more protein than recommended. That's a subject that is being investigated, the 0.8 - 1.2 gm / Kg idea seems to have little scientific basis. I do make an effort to keep my protein levels down, but I have seen cases of people on carnivore diet eating EIGHT times the recommended dosage.

Don't take too many supplements apart from possibly potassium, magnesium and MORE salt.

good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Archived