New? Police check address and picture of farang NE

DJ54

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 1337markus said:

must register yearly ; geez they make it up as it goes along. So we report annually for extensions, then 90 days, then TM 30 each return in country. Only thing missing is the jail bracelet around the ankle!!

This rule has been around for a very long time. I first did it over 18 years ago. I would hazard a guess that this was because, at the time, there were not so many immigration offices around so the police kept a check on things. 

Now that many provinces have their own immigration, or at least there is one in a nearby province, the police don't seem to get involved so much.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:34 AM, SimonD said:

looked at my PP for a very long time and then asked me to point out where the latest 'permission to stay until...' stamp was. He didn't appear to be familiar with foreign PP's at all.

Nothing to do with familiarity with foreign passports, all to do with not knowing what permission of stay stamps look like.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Probably a new Top policeman wanting to make his mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have been doing it the same down south in the Prachinburi area....Maybe due to all the industrial parks and foreigners working in them and living in the area..... 

13 hours ago, NetJunkie said:

Nothing to do with familiarity with foreign passports, all to do with not knowing what permission of stay stamps look like.

And where other than a foreign passport would you expect to find a Thai immigration stamp?

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:58 AM, DILLIGAD said:

That does sound very strange and possibly the message got lost in translation or you paid them too much ‘tea-money or beer’?

lol,  I didn't give them anything.  When they were leaving I told them in Thai, "See you next year".  He replied, "No.  We are coming back every month".  He could have been joking.  My wife thinks so.  Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, streetlite said:

Can you have an extension of stay issued at one Province and do a 90 day report in another Province?

Not unless you formally change your address to the other province.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:54 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Probably a new Top policeman wanting to make his mark!

Possible been denunciated by a Thai ( ex husband of wife ) or just the regular Snitch? Do you have  a yellow Tabian Baan book?

Do you have  a Foreigner  Thai Id card with all the  details  adress ++ ? Do you have  a  Thai driving license , for motorcycle and  car ?? I do have all of the  above.

Archived