Sisters put up sign cursing killer of five pet dogs

webfact

2 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

it's amazing how dog lovers are blind to their social menace 

well it looks like someone acted decisively in this case 5/5

I have serious reservations about anyone who condones the killing of innocent creatures. Something missing in their childhood, probably. Not being raised to respect living things, so they might end up bullying or killing those unable to defend themselves. Animals, not just dogs, have feelings too. Check YouTube for a few videos.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You do realise that chocolate can kill dogs, And you do realise that Thailand has very tough penalties for animal cruelty, including jail time. And that you have posted what you have done on a public forum.

Good post Barry! Don't let any negative comments, you might get, bother you.

I had lots of criticism a while back when I said that feeding cats bananas could kill them. It's true, and eating bananas can kill people too; potassium poisoning.

Just can't inform people enough.

Keep up the good work. 

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't know. Any ideas on how to stop dogs barking - apart from killing them?

Well yes!

Last night a bought a dog whistle at the Thursday market. It works good.

I've got this idea to mount a replica (but much bigger) onto the gate post. When the wind blows it will whistle and scare the dogs away. When it's not windy it will have to be a fan doing the blowing.

Sounds extravagant, but better than shooting them, or feeding poison or chocolate.

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have serious reservations about anyone who condones the killing of innocent creatures. Something missing in their childhood, probably. Not being raised to respect living things, so they might end up bullying or killing those unable to defend themselves. Animals, not just dogs, have feelings too. Check YouTube for a few videos.

it's a real shame you don't have the same consideration for the havoc these mutts cause in society.

it's quite obvious that the sisters didn't deal with the problem, so someone else took care of it.

like I said dog lovers are blind.

3 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

it's a real shame you don't have the same consideration for the havoc these mutts cause in society.

it's quite obvious that the sisters didn't deal with the problem, so someone else took care of it.

like I said dog lovers are blind.

Would you kill someone who, for instance, was a noisy neighbour? Or just dogs as they are 'only a dog' and an easy target?

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I hope you are a vegetarian Barry otherwise your words ring hollow.

You do realise that chocolate can kill dogs, And you do realise that Thailand has very tough penalties for animal cruelty, including jail time. And that you have posted what you have done on a public forum.

Something of a myth, it would have to have more than 80% chocolate and the dog, depending on size, would have to eat a very large amount, the odd bar of Cadbury's would not kill any dog. Animal cruelty in Thailand is rife and nothing is done about it but dogs have become a protected species, unfortunately too many Thais cannot look after dogs properly. 

There is a very big difference between animals being raised for food and those kept as pets.

How is there they don't know they are different. I have not eaten animals since 1971 but have no problems with pests being put down, rats, cockroaches or other pests. There is a lot of hypocrisy about animals, especially in Thailand where it's a case of some are more equal than others. The killer is almost certainly a neighbour driven half mad by barking, people should not have to put up with it, or be driven to such extreme measures to solve it by selfish, ignorant doggie owners

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I assume  you are a Vegan?

They were hardly put down for the fun of it. What are you supposed to do when you're being driven mad by dogs barking literally continuously throughout the day, every day? When your kids walk around like zombies in school because the neighbor's dogs wake them up five times every night? You talk with the owners, but they don't care. You talk to the police and other authorities, but they don't want to do anything. You try to use every trick in the book to make them be quiet, but it doesn't work.

Should you have to uproot your family and turn your entire life upside down just because some inconsiderate people can't bother to train their animals and actually take care of them? I wouldn't. Yes, killing pets is of course horrendous, but sometimes you're not left with a choice.

42 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Would you kill someone who, for instance, was a noisy neighbour? Or just dogs as they are 'only a dog' and an easy target?

There are people in Thailand who do just that

Animal lovers of the world unite - and take all your crappe producing, noisy, ill-disciplined, aggressive, filthy pets with you and live somewhere next to each other so that you can all live in blissful harmony baying at the moon all night, chasing any kids you produce with your Rottweilers as they attempt to escape through turd splattered pavements and roads.

Now I'm off for a nice blue rib eye, work done.

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There is a very big difference between animals being raised for food and those kept as pets.

Really? and what exactly would the difference be? Presumably you have no consideration to killing those animals raised for food despite them being a living creature but if they are no raised for food it is somehow different. You logic is mystifying to say the least.

1 minute ago, Megasin1 said:

Animal lovers of the world unite - and take all your crappe producing, noisy, ill-disciplined, aggressive, filthy pets with you and live somewhere next to each other so that you can all live in blissful harmony baying at the moon all night, chasing any kids you produce with your Rottweilers as they attempt to escape through turd splattered pavements and roads.

Now I'm off for a nice blue rib eye, work done.

Dogs 56.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And it concerns me that some on here. non-Thais who I thought might know better, support killing because they get annoyed about something.

If you were kept awake continually every night and there was no one going to listen or do anything about it you may well consider this course of action to be the only solution. Living in a community requires consideration of other people there and unfortunately a lot of people do not consider that

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm leaving this discussion. There are plenty on here who condone killing, and if that is the kind of person they are that is up to them. i'm just happy they are not in my circle of friends.

Obviously you consider that a dog should do as dogs do will no control from their owner. Strange attitude but life is full of quirky issues

I'm leaving this discussion. There are plenty on here who condone killing, and if that is the kind of person they are that is up to them. i'm just happy they are not in my circle of friends.

you're leaving because you have been called out as a hypocrite.

But you also condone killing, as long as you get to eat the result. Why is that any better than condoning killing because you want your family to be able to live a normal life?

It's not a question of going around and killing every animal that slightly annoys you; it's about putting them down when you don't have any other choice and they're literally ruining your life.

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I hope the scumbag that did this rfots in hell.

I agree with you, but let me say this, if any dog attacked me and bit me, which would be unprovoked, and I knew which one it was, then yes, I 

would poison it, I treat all living creatures the same, human or animal, if they attack me or even threaten me, then

there will be consequencies.

There is no way that these five dogs attacked anybody, otherwise all the neighbours would know about it.

3 hours ago, Myran said:

They were hardly put down for the fun of it. What are you supposed to do when you're being driven mad by dogs barking literally continuously throughout the day, every day? When your kids walk around like zombies in school because the neighbor's dogs wake them up five times every night? You talk with the owners, but they don't care. You talk to the police and other authorities, but they don't want to do anything. You try to use every trick in the book to make them be quiet, but it doesn't work.

Should you have to uproot your family and turn your entire life upside down just because some inconsiderate people can't bother to train their animals and actually take care of them? I wouldn't. Yes, killing pets is of course horrendous, but sometimes you're not left with a choice.

I would be surprised if these dogs got poisoned for constant barking, look at the photos, they are not the ankle snapping type like Yorkies and other small terriers. My dogs only bark when someone they didn't know comes on to

the property.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:52 PM, Orton Rd said:

It's quite difficult to poison a large dog, chocolate will not do the job, nor xylitol in gum or most of the other things you read about.

Might be hard to find here, but dogs can't resist antifreeze. Fatal every time. Guy next door drained his antifreeze in the empty forested lot between our houses in the States. Killed my black Labrador.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I would be surprised if these dogs got poisoned for constant barking, look at the photos, they are not the ankle snapping type like Yorkies and other small terriers. My dogs only bark when someone they didn't know comes on to

the property.

But they are not your dogs are they, the ones round us bark at anything that moves, even the at the rain, each other, deliverymen, postmen, all bikes and cars, cats of course, people walking by and at noises like thunder. I can quite understand why these dogs were done in

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

But they are not your dogs are they, the ones round us bark at anything that moves, even the at the rain, each other, deliverymen, postmen, all bikes and cars, cats of course, people walking by and at noises like thunder. I can quite understand why these dogs were done in

OK, you have a point, there are lots of dogs round about my house, although I hear the occasional bark, they are not an annoyance to me although any that chase me when I'm on my bike, which is only an occasional time, I will batter it with a large stone, then turn round and batter it again which I have done, but only because I felt I was in danger, and anytime I think I may be in danger when all I want to do is ride my bike, it would not bother me to kill it.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Emmess said:

You just don't kill someone's 5 pet dogs! It's inhumane.

It's known as 'Thai Revenge'.

Poisoning someone's dogs is one of the most common ways of getting at someone over some perceived slight in Thailand.

Welcome to Thainess 101. 

Sneaky, sly, venomous, spiteful, when feeling hard done by. All done behind your back, so they can do it faceless and gutless, and feel great at 'winning' for doing so. 

Archived