Downloading with Tubemate.

Downloading songs from Youtube using Tubemate on to my Smartphone (Android) there is eight choices to click.

ie The first one is 320x240(mp4)2.7MB

Another one is Audio(m4aac,128k)2.4MB

Can anyone please tell me which one of the eight to use for the best sound or quality? I play them using Poweramp.

6 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Why not do a simple search and download decent quality mp3s or even flac files, youtube is a horrible medium for audio.

I have never heard of flacfiles, what are they? For years I have downloaded music from Youtube on to various devices and been very satisfied with the quality, but using Tubemate some is great quality and some are very poor.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-flac-the-high-def-mp3-explained/

FLAC - is a lossless format that provides you with a bit perfect copy of source.

Youtube compression is hit and miss, files are frequently if not usually higly compressed and lacking much of the information of the source recording, especially if being re-encoded by another service such as the one you are using.

Every time something is re encoded it loses resolution and degraded.

someone uploads something to youtube, youtube re-encodes it. You download it using another tool, which rencodes it again. 

each step compresses the file more causing loss of detail along the way.

there are many sources of music where you can download fikes at a hig resolution strsight from source thst hasnt been corrupted by multiple encodings.

think of the days when people used to copy cassette tapes. It was fine one step away from orifional tape to copy, but copies of copies would degrade with each new dub.

3 hours ago, HooHaa said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-flac-the-high-def-mp3-explained/

FLAC - is a lossless format that provides you with a bit perfect copy of source.

Youtube compression is hit and miss, files are frequently if not usually higly compressed and lacking much of the information of the source recording, especially if being re-encoded by another service such as the one you are using.

Every time something is re encoded it loses resolution and degraded.

someone uploads something to youtube, youtube re-encodes it. You download it using another tool, which rencodes it again. 

each step compresses the file more causing loss of detail along the way.

there are many sources of music where you can download fikes at a hig resolution strsight from source thst hasnt been corrupted by multiple encodings.

think of the days when people used to copy cassette tapes. It was fine one step away from orifional tape to copy, but copies of copies would degrade with each new dub.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but for now I need to know as the question in the OP, if you can help. There are some good downloads and some bad ones with using Tubemate from Youtube, but even if it takes me hours to go replace the bad ones, I have to find out of the eight I mentioned in the OP which to use.

Out of app 400 songs, maybe I need to replace about 100 of them.

• 10 months later...

Archived