What's The Requirements for Teaching License?

You've got this topic open on another thread and I've answered your inquiry before. 

You need a Bachelor of Education or a current teaching license from your home country.

Otherwise you will get a teaching waiver good for 2 years.

Also expect nasty, condescending, snotty remarks from the teacher bashing brigade on TVF anytime you post about teaching.

39 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You've got this topic open on another thread and I've answered your inquiry before. 

You need a Bachelor of Education or a current teaching license from your home country.

Otherwise you will get a teaching waiver good for 2 years.

Also expect nasty, condescending, snotty remarks from the teacher bashing brigade on TVF anytime you post about teaching.

I reply you there. Can u check? Thank you.

6 hours ago, sananeamk0715 said:

1)2 days ago I get my Non-B now back to Thailand. I have to apply teaching license. What are the requirements for teaching license?

1. Not younger than 20 years of age
2. Have academic qualifications in one of the following:
    (a) Have a degree in education or its equivalent 
    (b) Have a degree in another field and a teaching license from another country 
    (c) Have a degree in another field and a graduate diploma in teaching profession with 1 year of
         course study 
    (d) Have a degree in another field and have passed other professional certification in accordance
         with the professional standards of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand
3. Have continuing experience in teaching of not less than 1 year
4. Have a Thai work permit 
5. Have evidence showing that an applicant has been permitted to stay in Thailand 
6. Not possess any of the prohibited characteristics pursuant to section 44 of the Teachers and 
    Educational Personnel Council Act B.E. 2003
    • Having improper behavior or immorality
    • Being an incompetent or quasi-incompetent person
    • Having been sentenced to imprisonment in any case, in the opinion of the Teachers Council of Thailand, which may bring dishonor upon the profession.

Note: Professional qualification for the teaching license, please see
    Regulation of the Teachers’ Council of Thailand Regarding Professional Licensure B.E. 2559 (2016)

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=license&SiteMenuID=219

hehe from the number of condescending and inflammatory posts over such a short period of time, I guess you initially posted this in the general section or similar.  Generally speaking, you should find a more favorable response (albeit slower response times) via posting in the teaching section ?

Seems like the requirements were posted earlier, so hopefully you're all set.

Below is a link to the relevant page on the Krusapa website regarding applying for a temporary or provisional teacher's licence (Often referred to as a waiver).  If you show the Thai section to your school, then they should be able to do it for you even if they aren't necessarily familiar with the process (And you've then also got the English version to understand what they mean when asking for documents if their English isn't that great).

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=license&SiteMenuID=221

Before I got my Teacher's License I had several waivers.  My school applied for them and I believe that schools have to apply for them, not the individual teacher. 

It's been a couple of years, but if I recall correctly I had to supply:

Signed copies of every page of my Passport

A signed copy of my University Degree (a B.S. in my case) along with a certification letter from my Embassy.

A signed copy of my Transcripts

A copy of my employment contract (in Thai) 

The school also had to supply some documents.

If you school does not know how to do this, direct them to the TCT (Kurusapa) website.

The confusing and poorly organized TCT website in Thai

The slightly better, but incomplete TCT website in English

Please excuse my off topic comment OP and moderators.  I appoligize for intruding.  I hope it is relivent enough by what happened to me on this post.

While flipping through the comments on your post this is the first time I saw a comment from a member I put on my IGNORE list for a split second, then it disappeared.  Thanks TVF it works.  I didn't even get a chance to read what looked like another one liner but I do know that he posted on this topic.  I hope it works this way on all posts so I will be warned they are in the discussion somewhere.  The IGNORE button works great.

11 hours ago, SlyAnimal said:

hehe from the number of condescending and inflammatory posts over such a short period of time, I guess you initially posted this in the general section or similar.  Generally speaking, you should find a more favorable response (albeit slower response times) via posting in the teaching section ?

Seems like the requirements were posted earlier, so hopefully you're all set.

Below is a link to the relevant page on the Krusapa website regarding applying for a temporary or provisional teacher's licence (Often referred to as a waiver).  If you show the Thai section to your school, then they should be able to do it for you even if they aren't necessarily familiar with the process (And you've then also got the English version to understand what they mean when asking for documents if their English isn't that great).

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=license&SiteMenuID=221

A waver would not be any help for me not wanting to work or get paid as a teacher.  But I have been asked by our school director and the teachers (who are all my wife's friends) to volunteer a few hours two days a week helping students with their conversational english and pronunciation? 

They have a new air conditioned classroom for me to use.  I want to stay retired and I am on a marriage extension.  I would like to legally contribute to our village and I think I would enjoy it.  Attendance is optional for the students and does not replace their normal english lessons.

I would be doing it with assistance from my wife.  She has a Thai teaching degree and license but has no interest in a job or teaching.  Just supporting me by explaining things in Thai and helping me whenever individual attention is required.

Do you know what is needed to keep me legal?  I have read on TVF that a letter from immigration will suffice.  Can you confirm this or lead me in the right direction?

Volunteers are exempt from a teaching license or waiver. 

However, volunteers do need a regular work permit. A WP is normally not given to someone on an extension of stay based on retirement, but based on marriage it should be no problem. You might need to convince them that as a volunteer you do not need a teaching license, but the Teachers Council of Thailand can provide you with the official document that state that. 

1 hour ago, Preacher said:

However, volunteers do need a regular work permit. A WP is normally not given to someone on an extension of stay based on retirement, but based on marriage it should be no problem. You might need to convince them that as a volunteer you do not need a teaching license, but the Teachers Council of Thailand can provide you with the official document that state that. 

Thank you

17 hours ago, Preacher said:

Do you have a link to this? The bit about volunteer teachers not needing a licence or waiver. I just think if that were truly the case, there would be a whole host of "volunteer" teachers who got a large stipend at the end of every month.

It is not published on the web, but you can contact them and they will email the official regulation that states that. 

Volunteer teachers get a WP without a problem. But you cannot get an extension of stay as a volunteer for a government agency, such as a school. Volunteers at government schools must find another way to be able to stay and volunteer, such as marriage. 

I volunteered and had no problems getting the WP, but an extension from immigration became problematic. In the end I got the full license ( i qualified for one) and it was solved in that way, as there is no minimum income requirement for a teacher. So I had a WP as a volunteer and a permission to stay as a regular teacher. 

11 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Timkeeno8 and tweedledee2 give your grammar/fat fingers argument a break!

Nothing to do with the thread and against forum rules.

Sorry, I just read your post. You are correct.  I just really get tired of these punctuation and grammar guys myself.  This time I bit back, bit back, and became one myself.  I will begin ignoring punctuation and grammer Trolls on other posts instead of responding in jest which obviously went over his head. 

So, previously, I did  my last previous response (#150) indicating that I did not take him seriously but was responded in obvious jest.  My appology again.

Thanks for the reminder not to bite in the first place, just ignore and move on.

My mother was an English teacher and would scold us kids  for poor grammar.

As soon as I get on the internet, I forget it all!

OP said he scored 750 on the TOEIC which is an acceptable score for non native speakers I believe.

Archived