Nine Months smoke-free!!!

Samui Bodoh

Hi All

Yes, I have just hit nine months of not smoking and I am proud of myself. I was a smoker for 35 years or so and never really believed that I could quit, but so far, so good.

Quitters; how is everyone doing? What difficulties/challenges are you facing? What has gone badly? What has gone well? Any advice or suggestions? General comments?

Smokers; what the hell are you waiting for? There is no good reason to smoke. Yes, more than most, I understand the difficulties of quitting, but again; there is no good reason to smoke, it is time to quit. Period. End of story.

BTW, I have started the last... five (?) threads of the 'stop smoking' area of of TVF, and a few people have asked... No, I am not a 'Mod', I am a normal poster like everyone else. The reasons that I have started all the threads is that no one else did, I like these threads as I find them both useful and helpful, and that posting here assisted me in quitting, so I am hoping that it might assist others as well.

Sooooo, what's the news?

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Well done mate. :smile:

I'm on day 2 of stopping the fags, after having smoked for 30+ years. Probably, about 38 years! ?

Gonna save up my 145baht every day, & count it after 30 days.

WhooHoo!!!!

My sincere congrats for taking the plunge. It is a tough road, but well, well worth it.

Can I offer a suggestion that worked well for me?

Take that 145 Baht and put it (every day) in a clear jar and place it where you can see it. In the first 2-3 days it doesn't do much, but I found after a week or so it was a really helpful visual aid.

Good luck and come back here for support when you need it.

Archived