ritalin in chiang mai?

jack jack

hello

does anyone know where to get ritalin from in chiang mai, either a over the counter at a pharmacy or clinic to prescribe it?

i was prescribed it in the uk so is there anywhere that can give me a prescription for it?

thanks 

6 minutes ago, jack jack said:

i was prescribed it in the uk so if can get my prescription letter sent here will they let me buy it? 

in bangkok can buy over the counter but haven’t found a pharmacy in chiang mai that has it

I don't think you can get it with a UK prescription, and if you can get it over the counter in Bangkok it is 100% illegal and maybe copy.

Even in the government hospitals only the bigger ones have the drug, and you need to show proof of ID with your prescription, so that would show how heavily restricted it is.

A 10mg Ritalin is 60 Baht by the way .

17 hours ago, jack jack said:

i was prescribed it in the uk so if can get my prescription letter sent here will they let me buy it? 

in bangkok can buy over the counter but haven’t found a pharmacy in chiang mai that has it

Rubbish. You can't buy Ritalin OTC in Bangkok. Maybe 15 years ago or more.

A letter from a U.K. psychiatrist is useless here. You need to go see a psychiatrist in Thailand and they will dispense a 30 day supply if they determine it is necessary.

46 minutes ago, elektrified said:

A letter from a U.K. psychiatrist is useless here. You need to go see a psychiatrist in Thailand and they will dispense a 30 day supply if they determine it is necessary.

Yes, you're probably right, but, a letter from his psychiatrist from U.K. which he could show the psychiatrist in Thailand, would certainly help.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:52 PM, janclaes47 said:

I don't think you can get it with a UK prescription, and if you can get it over the counter in Bangkok it is 100% illegal and maybe copy.

Even in the government hospitals only the bigger ones have the drug, and you need to show proof of ID with your prescription, so that would show how heavily restricted it is.

A 10mg Ritalin is 60 Baht by the way .

10mg of Ritalin is 20 Baht or 200 Baht for a 10 pill strip. And you don't have to go to a hospital to get it.  A lot of hospital psychiatrists have their own private practices too and usually stock the drug. You will need to register with them and have a short assessment. All you have to do then it return once a month (or whatever your preference), to get a fresh supply. One of my buddies is a middle-aged bloke and doesn't have any problems getting his monthly supply. There may be a small consultation fee added to the price of your pills for each visit.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Stubby said:

10mg of Ritalin is 20 Baht or 200 Baht for a 10 pill strip. And you don't have to go to a hospital to get it.  A lot of hospital psychiatrists have their own private practices too and usually stock the drug. You will need to register with them and have a short assessment. All you have to do then it return once a month (or whatever your preference), to get a fresh supply. One of my buddies is a middle-aged bloke and doesn't have any problems getting his monthly supply. There may be a small consultation fee added to the price of your pills for each visit.

thanks for the info. can you find out where he goes? is it in chiang mai?

On 6/17/2018 at 12:20 PM, elektrified said:

Rubbish. You can't buy Ritalin OTC in Bangkok. Maybe 15 years ago or more.

100% can i got it last month, 100baht a tablet 

6 hours ago, jack jack said:

Sure. I'll be seeing him tomorrow afternoon so will ask for the details then. I'll either update here or send you a private message. And yes, it's definitely CM not far from the psychiatric hospital (can't remember its name). 

13 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Sure. I'll be seeing him tomorrow afternoon so will ask for the details then. I'll either update here or send you a private message. And yes, it's definitely CM not far from the psychiatric hospital (can't remember its name). 

For sure I would appreciate if the OP would update us if he can get Ritalin at 20 Baht a tablet at a private practice of a doctor.

My son who is Thai has been taking Ritalin for over a year, and since the government hospital where he is registered doesn't supply the medicine, he is referred to a Chonburi government hospital.

And he as Thai is charged 60 Baht per tablet, so I very much doubt that 20 Baht price.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, jack jack said:

Here you go: http://thmaps.com/Chiang-Mai/Places/Dr-Kittiwan-638410 I don't really understand it all but he gets 10 pills (imported from Europe) on a foil strip. There's an out patient charge on top of 2-300 Baht, or something like that. It'll obviously pay to get a month's supply in one visit I guess.  Good luck.

Stubby

On 6/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, Stubby said:

Here you go: http://thmaps.com/Chiang-Mai/Places/Dr-Kittiwan-638410 I don't really understand it all but he gets 10 pills (imported from Europe) on a foil strip. There's an out patient charge on top of 2-300 Baht, or something like that. It'll obviously pay to get a month's supply in one visit I guess.  Good luck.

Stubby

thanks for your help i’ll go there at some point. what does outpatient charge mean?

2 hours ago, jack jack said:

thanks for your help i’ll go there at some point. what does outpatient charge mean?

It means you have to pay a fee to see a doctor at each visit. I think this applies even if you only go to pick medication up without a consultation. I can't be sure, so you'll have to ask. I suppose someone has to get your files out and update your notes on every visit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived