VAR catastrophe

smokie36

31 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm astonished neither of the Kane incidents were reviewed....incomprehensible really and shows the total lack of consistency being applied.

Agree about the inconsistency, they should have been reviewed and I'm sure a penalty would have been given definitely for one. However, the worst thing that can happen if they don't get reviewed is to have the game refereed the same as it is without VAR. Relying on his judgement including errors

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Agree about the inconsistency, they should have been reviewed and I'm sure a penalty would have been given definitely for one. However, the worst thing that can happen if they don't get reviewed is to have the game refereed the same as it is without VAR. Relying on his judgement including errors

All of the games these things need consistency.

Perhaps a system where a captain can request 3 VAR's in a game or some such?

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All of the games these things need consistency.

Perhaps a system where a captain can request 3 VAR's in a game or some such?

I haven't thought the consequences through but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Maybe it would get abused with Captain's using it to time waste if they haven't used their reviews and want to slow the game down to hold onto their lead

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I haven't thought the consequences through but I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Maybe it would get abused with Captain's using it to time waste if they haven't used their reviews and want to slow the game down to hold onto their lead

Well the ref could have an overrule if its just plain stupid I suppose.

Anyway putting the players who will likely know when a decision is wrong at the centre of VAR seems more sensible than a fourth official if all the decision making OR NOT is in their hands.

how can anyone be against instant proof of the truth ??

but anyway, my feeling is that in football there is a foul every 10 seconds.

then there are debates whether a foul is "bad enough" to warrant a penalty.

I think video is great to debunk all the false claims of foul play by professional actors, now if they could just give yellow and red cards to simulants, that would be great.

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Especially when so much is at stake. You just want the right decisions to be made

Except when....oh never mind. :biggrin:

Where did I leave my bong? :tongue:

I was thinking of the other two honest mrboj....

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Iran's goal correctly struck off using VAR. Didn't take long and more importantly the right decision was made

correct me if i.am wrong,from a match report that i read ,,the linesman had his flag up , therefore calling no goal, the VAR only confirmed his ruling,  big deal

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

correct me if i.am wrong,from a match report that i read ,,the linesman had his flag up , therefore calling no goal, the VAR only confirmed his ruling,  big deal

Yeah, you're right but every goal is checked and they confirmed it with VAR as the Iranian's were celebrating. Checking for an obvious error I think. Andy Grey on our beIN does my head in. He is totally against VAR and yet he said the linesman must have guessed putting up his flag as there is no way he could have seen it was definitely offside (though it may have been given for handball). So Andy Grey is ok for decision's to be made by a guess, instead of being 100% accurate by a quick confirmation.  

The other thing I like about VAR is that it stops the players constantly complaining to the ref. Once they know it's gone to VAR, they all accept the decision, whatever it comes back with. Of course, there are still some creases to be ironed out but it's definitely going in the right way.

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, you're right but 

of course i.am right!!!  blind freddy would have got the same.but you have to get on your soap .box and praise the var for getting it right.where it was needed at all. .and astutely bring   in andy ( meat head) gray into the discussion.to divert the attention away from  your initial post which was utter crap .and  not correct and u have admitted it  as  above surely confirms lol  lol

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

of course i.am right!!!  blind freddy would have got the same.but you have to get on your soap .box and praise the var for getting it right.where it was needed at all. .and astutely bring   in andy ( meat head) gray into the discussion.to divert the attention away from  your initial post which was utter crap .and  not correct and u have admitted it  as  above surely confirms lol  lol

Don't know why you have to be so confrontational all the time. Just be civil will ya.

Did you watch the game?

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't know why you have to be so confrontational all the time. Just be civil will ya.

Did you watch the game?

no  but read 3 reports.and seen the highlights twice. as for your civil bit and being confrontional..no way at all . my posts on this thread have been on topic .but it surely appears to me  that i am not allowed to do so.as it is against your wishes for very obvios reasons 

Aah I see. You initially said you read reports and now you have also seen highlights. 

that was approx three  to four hours ago. i do have a black box.which gives me a very good coverage live.plus highlights and replays etc etc. next  question ????????

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

that was approx three  to four hours ago. i do have a black box.which gives me a very good coverage live.plus highlights and replays etc etc. next  question ????????

You made your first statement based purely on a report that you had read. 

7 hours ago, evenstevens said:

yes as above.around 7 am.then my subsquent posts where around 4 hours  later after reading a couple more and seeing the highlights twice which vindicated my above post.and shot your post to smitherines that the var had  done a great job. all in all they only confirmed the linesman was correct in his ruling. and as i posted no big deal.to receive the plaudits that you are giving. .but  no doubt from reading your posts on the var they can do no wrong.     e/s present  feelings are that the var is not bullett proof under the present format.   and a lot of fine tuning needs to be  .done   if not. it  will be a botch.and a big one too.  in my view you have bolted out of the barriers without the jockey.claiming its the best  thing since sliced bread lol lol

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

yes as above.around 7 am.then my subsquent posts where around 4 hours  later after reading a couple more and seeing the highlights twice which vindicated my above post.

Yeah I get it. You read reports, made your mind up and then tried to back that decision up by saying you watched highlights. I get it

Was VAR used? Yes. Did it reach the right decision? Yes. Case closed....next

Another excellent decision made by using VAR. Australia rightly given a penalty that was initially waved away by the ref.

As I have said countless times. Still some tweaks to be had but it's getting better the more the ref's and officials are using it.

Should have been introduced before all the other less rich sports adopted it

Penalty for the Aussies given by VAR. Atrocious decision. Watching in slow motion completely changes the emphasis and  changes accidental ball to hand (from a yard away!) to hand ball! He had no chance of getting arm out of the way. And nowhere near to a clear and obvious error by the ref.

Not keen on this ref; bad memories of him - likes to be seen..Happy with him being called over to review the "handball" on VAR but i wouldn't have given it. Jedinak 15 out of 15 pens, brilliant - wasn't happy with kasper sledging, ref should have booked him. Aussies well on top - can they finish it.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Penalty for the Aussies given by VAR. Atrocious decision. Watching in slow motion completely changes the emphasis and  changes accidental ball to hand (from a yard away!) to hand ball! He had no chance of getting arm out of the way. And nowhere near to a clear and obvious error by the ref.

The ref has the last word. He went and watched it and gave it. So it was the ref's decision not VAR. They only recommend he review it. Penalties for handball are always iffy. I remember earlier in the season when Sterling had his arms behind his back and turned, the ball hit his arms that where behind his back and the ref gave a penalty

The ref has the last word. He went and watched it and gave it. So it was the ref's decision not VAR. They only recommend he review it. Penalties for handball are always iffy. I remember earlier in the season when Sterling had his arms behind his back and turned, the ball hit his arms that where behind his back and the ref gave a penalty

still going for breaks .sweet heart!!!. and btw a incident in the box a few mins later in the soccer roos favour again was not var .where it should have been .theres your problem sweet heart.its a hit and miss  affair

Archived