BANGKOK 22 March 2019 10:54

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Don't know why you have to be so confrontational all the time. Just be civil will ya.

Did you watch the game?

no  but read 3 reports.and seen the highlights twice. as for your civil bit and being confrontional..no way at all . my posts on this thread have been on topic .but it surely appears to me  that i am not allowed to do so.as it is against your wishes for very obvios reasons 

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

no  

Aah I see. You initially said you read reports and now you have also seen highlights. 

Aah I see. You initially said you read reports and now you have also seen highlights. 

that was approx three  to four hours ago. i do have a black box.which gives me a very good coverage live.plus highlights and replays etc etc. next  question ????????

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

that was approx three  to four hours ago. i do have a black box.which gives me a very good coverage live.plus highlights and replays etc etc. next  question ????????

You made your first statement based purely on a report that you had read. 

7 hours ago, evenstevens said:

correct me if i.am wrong,from a match report that i read ,,the linesman had his flag up , therefore calling no goal, the VAR only confirmed his ruling,  big deal

yes as above.around 7 am.then my subsquent posts where around 4 hours  later after reading a couple more and seeing the highlights twice which vindicated my above post.and shot your post to smitherines that the var had  done a great job. all in all they only confirmed the linesman was correct in his ruling. and as i posted no big deal.to receive the plaudits that you are giving. .but  no doubt from reading your posts on the var they can do no wrong.     e/s present  feelings are that the var is not bullett proof under the present format.   and a lot of fine tuning needs to be  .done   if not. it  will be a botch.and a big one too.  in my view you have bolted out of the barriers without the jockey.claiming its the best  thing since sliced bread lol lol

5 hours ago, evenstevens said:

yes as above.around 7 am.then my subsquent posts where around 4 hours  later after reading a couple more and seeing the highlights twice which vindicated my above post.

Yeah I get it. You read reports, made your mind up and then tried to back that decision up by saying you watched highlights. I get it

Was VAR used? Yes. Did it reach the right decision? Yes. Case closed....next

• Like 1

Another excellent decision made by using VAR. Australia rightly given a penalty that was initially waved away by the ref.

As I have said countless times. Still some tweaks to be had but it's getting better the more the ref's and officials are using it.

Should have been introduced before all the other less rich sports adopted it

Penalty for the Aussies given by VAR. Atrocious decision. Watching in slow motion completely changes the emphasis and  changes accidental ball to hand (from a yard away!) to hand ball! He had no chance of getting arm out of the way. And nowhere near to a clear and obvious error by the ref.

• Like 2

Not keen on this ref; bad memories of him - likes to be seen..Happy with him being called over to review the "handball" on VAR but i wouldn't have given it. Jedinak 15 out of 15 pens, brilliant - wasn't happy with kasper sledging, ref should have booked him. Aussies well on top - can they finish it.

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Penalty for the Aussies given by VAR. Atrocious decision. Watching in slow motion completely changes the emphasis and  changes accidental ball to hand (from a yard away!) to hand ball! He had no chance of getting arm out of the way. And nowhere near to a clear and obvious error by the ref.

The ref has the last word. He went and watched it and gave it. So it was the ref's decision not VAR. They only recommend he review it. Penalties for handball are always iffy. I remember earlier in the season when Sterling had his arms behind his back and turned, the ball hit his arms that where behind his back and the ref gave a penalty

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Jedinak 15 out of 15 pens, brilliant - wasn't happy with kasper sledging, ref should have booked him. 

Yeah. If I'd have been Jedinak I'd have given Kasper a right mouthful after slotting it past him

• Like 1

The ref has the last word. He went and watched it and gave it. So it was the ref's decision not VAR. They only recommend he review it. Penalties for handball are always iffy. I remember earlier in the season when Sterling had his arms behind his back and turned, the ball hit his arms that where behind his back and the ref gave a penalty

still going for breaks .sweet heart!!!. and btw a incident in the box a few mins later in the soccer roos favour again was not var .where it should have been .theres your problem sweet heart.its a hit and miss  affair