Any model makers out there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a big old beast. 41.75cm long! Good luck with your project.

From the state of the box it looks like you've been planning this for quite some time!

I'm not exactly a model maker but a wargamer, which is close.

Any other Thai-based wargamers out there?

I hadn’t done any modelling since I was a child except for about 20 years ago when someone gave me a ship in a bottle.
Man, that thing was frustrating, especially trying to raise the sails and the painting ( all done inside the bottle of course ) but the satisfaction at the end was worth the effort. Don’t think I could do it again.

I admire your patience and the end result will be, no doubt, spectacular.

Well done and keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

IMG_0109.JPG
Update pic.
Have a couple of other things on the go at the same time so hit and miss on bashing away at it.
All of the hatches will be open as well as the rear transmission access panel. The turret will come off as well as the entire upper hull as it will not be glued down.
Yeah....had the kit for a while and it has intimidated me but not so bad once you get going. Stupid me is now contemplating a same scale Panzer IV.
Next up is the turret then final weathering.
All I have to say is thank god for beer...keeps me sane.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Generally speaking I only have a keen eye on hem lines but I like your tank keep posting.

I've read lots of posts on TVF by "model makers".

Oh, wait ..... Now that I think about it, those were posts about "making models" !

Most of them also used the term "pretty" or "pretties".

Is that different?

• 1 month later...

Thanks OMF.
Been building models all my life, they dont get mad if you ignore them.
All in took about 4 months I reckon, on and off. Get more done when the wife is working and it is raining.
I have a toy room so I get in, put on some tunes and make 3-4 hours disappear. I find it relaxing and frustrating at the same time but when you finally see it start to look like a tank it makes it all worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Once more into the breach dear friends!
Have cleared off the bench and unpacked the 1/16 PanzerIV. Over 2000 parts so this puppy might take a while.
Instructions start off with the engine and gearbox so updates to follow as I get stuck in.
Cannons to the right of them, cannons to the left of them. In to the valley of death rode the 600.......
I now know the trepidation those brave fools felt knowing they might have bitten off more than they could chew. I hope history remembers me as kindly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, Can samui said:

Transmission, engine and apu for the bloody big panzer done!

Wow!

Looking at the quality work you do I guess you need more time to build that engine and make it look old compared to if a mechanic would take a real size original old engine, strip it apart, and (try to) make it look new.

Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived