Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 July 2019 19:27
pedro01

Alcohol Free Beer - Big Selection

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Id like it if a Thai brewery would produce a beer with 2% alcohol. Would hopefully have a good taste but be cheaper than the imports.

Singha Light was good at 3.8% but now they have increased it to 4.5%! Problem is hardly any bar sells or advertises it, and most that do rip u off by charging the same price as Singha when it is actually cheaper than Leo to buy wholesale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I love alcohol-free beer. I can list a number of reasons, but why argue with somebody's personal taste? Unless of course you have too much time on your hands and don't know what to do with it.

I thought we all had too much time on our hands.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Tops supermarket at Central Bang Na, has a large selection of alcohol free beers. The only silly thing about it is that you can only buy it during licensing hours, i.e. 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm until midnight (I think the supermarket closes before then though). Why can't they sell alcohol free beer at any time? 

'The computer says "no'''......literally; thier tills r probably set not to allow beer sales during these times just like 7/11, and the till cant tell the difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's beer and non-alcoholic beer

There's wine and non-alcoholic wine

There's coffee and decaffeinated coffee

There's sugar and saccharin

There are dairy products and non-dairy products which look the same

There is meat and meat products with no meat

The list goes on.... 

What's the problem in choosing the alternative?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GarryP said:

Tops supermarket at Central Bang Na, has a large selection of alcohol free beers. The only silly thing about it is that you can only buy it during licensing hours, i.e. 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm until midnight (I think the supermarket closes before then though). Why can't they sell alcohol free beer at any time? 

You can buy alcohol free beer at all hours at Central, most cashiers don't know. I believe alcohol free beer has a different marking on the can to tell it apart. Cashiers can simply override it. I've been purchasing it for the past year. On the Korea Hite brand, the importer even put a sticker saying available to purchase 24hrs.

 

Most cashiers will need to call up the manager as they can't tell between alcohol free beers. I remember the manager telling the cashier to look at the label color on the can to tell it apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mike324 said:

You can buy alcohol free beer at all hours at Central, most cashiers don't know. I believe alcohol free beer has a different marking on the can to tell it apart. Cashiers can simply override it. I've been purchasing it for the past year. On the Korea Hite brand, the importer even put a sticker saying available to purchase 24hrs.

 

Most cashiers will need to call up the manager as they can't tell between alcohol free beers. I remember the manager telling the cashier to look at the label color on the can to tell it apart.

I have tried a few times at Tops Central Bang Na but always been rejected even when it was pointed out that it contained no alcohol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I have tried a few times at Tops Central Bang Na but always been rejected even when it was pointed out that it contained no alcohol. 

thats what many will say, tell them to call the manager and say you purchase it before many times.... if manager cant do it, then they dont know their company rules

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Tops supermarket at Central Bang Na, has a large selection of alcohol free beers. The only silly thing about it is that you can only buy it during licensing hours, i.e. 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm until midnight (I think the supermarket closes before then though). Why can't they sell alcohol free beer at any time? 

Now that's silly, classic thai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I saw 'Tiger Lemon' in a 7/11 in Kanch the other week- didn't try it but it was only 2.5% I think. i haven't looked for it in my local yet. under B40 a can IIRC but I didn't take a proper look.

 

I quite like Tiger Radler (which has a big lemon on the can).  The original is about 2% proof; its a cocktail of beer and lemonade specifically tailored for cyclists to quaff gallons while rehydrating and replenishing their blood sugar prior to cycling home in the dying light.  It's only slightly cheaper than normal Tiger, despite the lower duty, but then you're probably not drinking to save money.

 

Heineken also produce some "Tiger Radler" products with 0% alcohol, in a variety of obscure flavours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

I quite like Tiger Radler (which has a big lemon on the can).  The original is about 2% proof; its a cocktail of beer and lemonade specifically tailored for cyclists to quaff gallons while rehydrating and replenishing their blood sugar prior to cycling home in the dying light.  It's only slightly cheaper than normal Tiger, despite the lower duty, but then you're probably not drinking to save money.

 

Heineken also produce some "Tiger Radler" products with 0% alcohol, in a variety of obscure flavours. 

Ahhh- more like what some of us would refer to as a 'Shandy' then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Ahhh- more like what some of us would refer to as a 'Shandy' then.

Normally a shandy would be more lemonade and less beer, while the Radler is more beer and less shandy.  Still a little bit sweet, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I saw 'Tiger Lemon' in a 7/11 in Kanch the other week- didn't try it but it was only 2.5% I think. i haven't looked for it in my local yet. under B40 a can IIRC but I didn't take a proper look.

 

Its quite nice and refreshing  similar to a pub lemon squash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its so wrong on every level to get a beer gut from high carb non alcholic drinks. Best to just stick to tomato juice

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, madmen said:

Its so wrong on every level to get a beer gut from high carb non alcholic drinks. Best to just stick to tomato juice

Some people can control the amount they drink. We don't all spend all our free time on a bar stool. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 11:51 AM, GarryP said:

Tops supermarket at Central Bang Na, has a large selection of alcohol free beers. The only silly thing about it is that you can only buy it during licensing hours, i.e. 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm until midnight (I think the supermarket closes before then though). Why can't they sell alcohol free beer at any time? 

Typically Thai...that's why! :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...