Alcohol Free Beer - Big Selection

pedro01

Thx for your post. I too enjoy alcohol free brews nowadays. Some quite good ones in Europe and USA. Never seen any here, but now will start looking and trying them out. 

Always slays me when others get so bent when someone chooses something they don't like or "get". Like since they don't like it or understand it, then NOBODY should like it. They do it with vegans, climate change, atheists...and now N/A Beer! :1zgarz5: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 9:36 AM, Chicken George said:

Id like it if a Thai brewery would produce a beer with 2% alcohol. Would hopefully have a good taste but be cheaper than the imports.

There was a near alternative when Singha Light was 3.5% but that was bumped up to 4.5%.

There is still Tiger Light at 4.1% which many bars stock (sorry but I am looking at this from the perspective of a bar-goer).

Also I have seen in 7eleven 3 new brands at 4%, one of which "Snowy" is stocked by a nearby bar, presumably they have mistaken it for an import which is all they sell.

Something in the region of 2% to 3% would be appreciated, the Tiger Lemon/Radler is not something I could drink too much of.

I was always troubled by the guy at AA meetings in BKK whose idea of a good night out involved a few alcohol free beers in a 'bar'. Whilst acknowledging no one has posted any view about alcohol free beer being a solution for those with a drink problem I am not sure this thread belongs in a sub-forum about drinking problems. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:55 AM, gerryBScot said:

I was always troubled by the guy at AA meetings in BKK whose idea of a good night out involved a few alcohol free beers in a 'bar'. Whilst acknowledging no one has posted any view about alcohol free beer being a solution for those with a drink problem I am not sure this thread belongs in a sub-forum about drinking problems. 

Well the sub-forum is titled "I drink too much" and not "Nobody must drink anything", so I think there is a place for it here.

• 5 months later...

It's not (real) beer.

It's not plain water.

It's not Coke, milk, soda etc.

It is what it is, and anyone who chooses to drink it, good on 'em! Nobody needs an excuse or reason to drink what they like if there's no harm to others.

I'm currently drinking Heineken 0.0 It's a more tasteless version of a rather tasteless lager, but I like the real thing and the 0% is growing on me. By drinking it, I'm able to fool some parts of my brain and body that I am drinking beer (which is something that I like to do, and have been know to do too often). It's low in calories, doesn't taste too bad, and has no alcohol in it. I couldn't drink 2-4 cans of Coke or soda, but i can easily drink 2-4 cans of this, but equally I don't feel the urge to continue until bedtime like I do with real beer. Therefore, it's perfect for some of my nominated no-alcohol days.

For 2019 I have set a target of at least 50% of the days to be booze free, and I'm very much on target. Every day I drink, I put 500B in a secret pot that I will open at New Year. In 2018 made myself have at least 10 booze-free days per month, and rewarded myself with 1,000B/booze FREE day. 2020 I plan to limit to 10 drinking days per month, or spread that out over the year to be a 66/33% dry/drink ratio.

Back on topic, booze-free beer is fine for anyone who wants to drink it and they don't need to justify their actions anymore than people eating som tam or watching a drama.

Archived