Organic food

Hi all,

I will be moving back the Thailand this summer and was wondering about the availability of organic food and more so, organic meat. Is it possible to buy organic food in Bangkok.

Any information would appreciated.

JS

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Organic food is not any more nutritious than non-organic and it does not taste any better. Don't see why anyone would spend extra money on it. Maybe if your whole diet was organic to avoid chemicals, but don't want to be restricted to only organic and doubt if there are significant health benefits unless super-strict about it and maybe not then.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:03 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Organic food is not any more nutritious than non-organic and it does not taste any better. Don't see why anyone would spend extra money on it. Maybe if your whole diet was organic to avoid chemicals, but don't want to be restricted to only organic and doubt if there are significant health benefits unless super-strict about it and maybe not then.

Organic food absolutely, 100% tastes better. This is especially very obvious with dairy and chicken products.

I am not buying or particularly obsessed with organic food, but I do notice significant difference.

Organic food does not taste better. It is all in the mind.

Is organic food tastier? No, it's all in the mind: 'Moral satisfaction' of eating items produced in an ethical way means you're more likely to enjoy it 

• Supporters of ethically produced food appear to have skewed judgement
  • In flavour tests many people convince themselves organic tastes better 
  • 'Moral satisfaction’ associated with consuming food produced in an ethical way means people are more likely to enjoy it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3136716/Is-organic-food-tastier-No-research-finds-s-mind.html

Things do not taste better for being organic. But organic food is often also free-range or grown in a natural environment, or grown more slowly due to the lack of added hormones, and all those factors can make it taste better.

• 2 months later...

Organic meat is not yet available in Thailand to my knowledge.
The best thing in my opinion is the S-Pure series from Betagro which is widely available.
They don't use antibiotics and also signed a declaration for higher animal welfare.
They way most chicken and pigs are kept here is disgusting.
CP is now using a stacked plastic cage box system for broilers instead of the conventional floor system.
God knows how they keep and treat the pigs.
I almost stopped eating pork meat now expect some sausages or the occasional crispy pork belly.

Archived